No way are there racists here......

Asprilla

Since I came to matches at SJP, I was amazed at how unwelcome I was because of my southern accent.

I've been to matches at SJP and have had no trouble with an Australian accent. I've been amazed how welcome I have been made to feel even though I'm not English. All the Geordies I've met have all been great people. It must be because I'm not a cunt I guess.

33462[/snapback]

can't be that mate :)

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Why is Asprilla's Foreskin an attention seeking wanker?

Because he is black.

33457[/snapback]

Well done. You've outdone even me.

33465[/snapback]

Beat it, or I will send the KKK round.

On a serious note, the worst racist incident I've ever witnessed happened in Bayswater, London. An Africane family were abused by a black guy who then spat on them and told them to 'fuck off back home'. Opened my eyes up that did.

33436[/snapback]

That's the worst you can come up with!!!!!!! You must live in some uppity area man. The most viscious i saw was a gang of sikhs slashing this muslim guy all over. Soooooo much blood. I puked everywhere. They kept calling him something in Punjabi/Urdu and kicking him and stabbing him. Jesus! a bit of spit and swearing.......luxury.

33451[/snapback]

No, remind us, where do you live? :)

33454[/snapback]

If you don't know London, Crystal Palace is the nearest place you may have heard of.

33458[/snapback]

I used to live in Crystal Palace, where are you?!

(Don't say if you don't want to)

33459[/snapback]

I'm too scared to say in case Alex takes a picture of me in my Henry Rollins t-shirt and uses it to ridicule me :blush:

Out of interest, assuming this isn't another occasion where you've made things up to back up your argument Foreskin. Why have you chosen to live and up here with your wife set up a business here? Given your feelings towards the people of Newcastle. And why do you support NUFC?

33446[/snapback]

My feelings towards people up here were more positive before I moved here permanently.

I support NUFC because my Dad does and he instilled in me a love of the club.

Since I came to matches at SJP, I was amazed at how unwelcome I was because of my southern accent.

I have met a few really nice people up here, but there really is a lot of prejudice towards people with southern accents.

If it was just my character, then I would have found people were unfriendly everywhere I went, but that's not been the case.

33455[/snapback]

Where did you live before, out of interest?

I've been to matches at SJP and have had no trouble with an Australian accent. I've been amazed how welcome I have been made to feel even though I'm not English. All the Geordies I've met have all been great people. It must be because I'm not a cunt I guess.

33462[/snapback]

Seriously AF, I think this point needs to be taken into consideration.

33464[/snapback]

No, he seems like a cunt to me.

33462[/snapback]

You know if he wasn't such a cock and didn't talk bollocks the whole time he's on here, people would maybe acknowledge he could have a slight point with regards to a southern accent at St. james not always getting a great reaction (though more often there'd be no problem). But then you remember he's a wanker and put it down to that why people hate him!

Out of interest, assuming this isn't another occasion where you've made things up to back up your argument Foreskin. Why have you chosen to live and up here with your wife set up a business here? Given your feelings towards the people of Newcastle. And why do you support NUFC?

33446[/snapback]

My feelings towards people up here were more positive before I moved here permanently.

I support NUFC because my Dad does and he instilled in me a love of the club.

I have met a few really nice people up here, but there really is a lot of prejudice towards people with southern accents.

If it was just my character, then I would have found people were unfriendly everywhere I went, but that's not been the case.

33455[/snapback]

Where did you live before, out of interest?

33470[/snapback]

London

33462[/snapback]

You know if he wasn't such a cock and didn't talk bollocks the whole time he's on here, people would maybe acknowledge he could have a slight point with regards to a southern accent at St. james not always getting a great reaction (though more often there'd be no problem). But then you remember he's a wanker and put it down to that why people hate him!

33475[/snapback]

Actually, i've never had any grief of any NUFC supporters (at away) games. I guess they reckon, based on my appearence, that chances are i'm not Geordie born & bred so my accent aint gonna matter. I've heard a players colour being mentioned during the stream of abuse but i've only ever had smiles and lots of positive noises, though i couldn't make out any words i recognise :)

33462[/snapback]

33475[/snapback]

Actually, i've never had any grief of any NUFC supporters (at away) games. I guess they reckon, based on my appearence, that chances are i'm not Geordie born & bred so my accent aint gonna matter. I've heard a players colour being mentioned during the stream of abuse but i've only ever had smiles and lots of positive noises, though i couldn't make out any words i recognise :)

33493[/snapback]

Like i say more often than not there'd be no problem, the people are friendly on the whole, but you can get the odd wanker who would question any toon fan who had a very strong cockney accent for example. I remember reading in The Mag or something about a incident of that nature a long while ago.

But overall i'm sure as people like you and Steve have said the experience is a positive one.

London

33478[/snapback]

I've nothing against people from London generally although I have a problem with superior types like you. I think you'll find your sort of attitude rubs people from up here up the wrong way and reinforces our stereotypes. Maybe that would explain the way people treat you.

On a serious note, I'm taking my 5 year old nephew (who's half West indian) to his first match against Blackburn on Sunday. I wouldnt do that if I had the first thought he'd be the subject of racial abuse.

I'm having a genuine crisis of conscience about taking him to see a Newcastle match (and potentially inflicting that grief on him for the rest of his life), but absolutely no worries that he'd be exposed to any racism.

London

33478[/snapback]

I've nothing against people from London generally although I have a problem with superior types like you. I think you'll find your sort of attitude rubs people from up here up the wrong way and reinforces our stereotypes. Maybe that would explain the way people treat you.

33513[/snapback]

I'm not at all superior!!

I'm reacting to the bad taste jokes and abuse.

What do you want me to do, not stick up for myself?

Apologise for not being raised here?

On a serious note, I'm taking my 5 year old nephew (who's half West indian) to his first match against Blackburn on Sunday. I wouldnt do that if I had the first thought he'd be the subject of racial abuse.

I'm having a genuine crisis of conscience about taking him to see a Newcastle match (and potentially inflicting that grief on him for the rest of his life), but absolutely no worries that he'd be exposed to any racism.

33526[/snapback]

Your not allowed to say 'West Indian' anymore :blush::taunt::D:)

London

33478[/snapback]

33513[/snapback]

33531[/snapback]

Eh, were any of the jokes in that thread about you son?

33526[/snapback]

Is this the nephew that loves jumping off things? :)

Why do threads by AF always finish up in a loads of abuse and threats?

Why don't we just ignore him?????

33474[/snapback]

Makes a change from abusing me tbh.

33526[/snapback]

Tell him some of the jokes on this forum, after all, it's only fun.

He'll be rolling around I'm sure.

33526[/snapback]

Well, Mr foreskion was right, northerners are more cruel. What's the poor lad done wrong?

London

33478[/snapback]

33513[/snapback]

33531[/snapback]

But you're saying where you're from is better than up here or words to that effect. How isn't that having a superior attitude? :)