No way are there racists here......

Asprilla

I'm sorry, you must have missed my question before.  Can you give me an example of the first-hand experience you have had in backing up your statement that women in London have far more opportunities than us women in Newcastle?

Oh, and no hilarious comments about working in Greggs this time please :)

32850[/snapback]

Yes, sorry I did miss your question.

My wife has found the attitude of her male colleagues extremely tiring. They find her a curiosity as she is university educated and can do things that they think you need to have a penis to do (like negotiate contracts).

They constantly patronise her basically.

I have also had more light-hearted examples of astonishment that I do some of the cooking and hang out the washing etc.

If you are offended by my opinion, then I apologise and I'm pleased if your experience has been different.

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You are very very boring.

Well done.

You are also racist, sexist and homophobic.

You should try to get up to speed with attitudes in the civilised world.

You can divert attention all you like, but I'm right and you know it.

32848[/snapback]

Finding those questions a little difficult AF? Here's one to add to the list - why are you saying every person on this forum is racist, sexist and homophobic? Given that they really have nothing in common. Most Newcastle fans, not all - some Liverpool or Sunderland. Most English, not all - some Irish or German.

Could it be that you're getting defensive?

I'll make it easy for you, what have I personally ever said that is remotely racist, sexist or homophobic?

I'm still looking for answewrs on my other questions by the way. Whilst I remain ever civil to you, as you requested, and you continue to shout abuse.

I'm sorry, you must have missed my question before.  Can you give me an example of the first-hand experience you have had in backing up your statement that women in London have far more opportunities than us women in Newcastle?

32850[/snapback]

My wife has found the attitude of her male colleagues extremely tiring. They find her a curiosity as she is university educated and can do things that they think you need to have a penis to do (like negotiate contracts).

I have also had more light-hearted examples of astonishment that I do some of the cooking and hang out the washing etc.

If you are offended by my opinion, then I apologise and I'm pleased if your experience has been different.

32853[/snapback]

Maybe that says more about your wife's colleagues than a generalisation about women? It's the 21st century for goodness sake! Women do have degrees and high powered jobs - all over the country, and men DO housework!

I'm not offended by your opinion. But as a hard-working, independent, self-sufficient woman with a career who lives in the north I found your comments to be extremely wide of the mark!

32850[/snapback]

32853[/snapback]

Stating anecdotal evidence as fact against an entire culture. Often practiced by racists, sexists and homophobes as it happens. I'll assume your wife is of similar intelligence to yourself or she would have left you by now. Or is she a figment of your imagination, like your blossoming business?

Well done.

32848[/snapback]

Finding those questions a little difficult AF? Here's one to add to the list - why are you saying every person on this forum is racist, sexist and homophobic? Given that they really have nothing in common. Most Newcastle fans, not all - some Liverpool or Sunderland. Most English, not all - some Irish or German.

Could it be that you're getting defensive?

I'll make it easy for you, what have I personally ever said that is remotely racist, sexist or homophobic?

I'm still looking for answewrs on my other questions by the way. Whilst I remain ever civil to you, as you requested, and you continue to shout abuse.

32854[/snapback]

I have never said that every person on this forum is racist, sexist and homophobic.

I don't have time to answer your questions all day long, sorry if I missed some. :)

If you are not racist, sexist or homophobic then you won't have been bothered by my comments. You also won't have enjoyed the racist, sexist and homophobic jokes.

Why are you trying to make an issue out of nothing?

Well done.

32848[/snapback]

Who was that aimed at then AF?

Finding those questions a little difficult AF?  Here's one to add to the list - why are you saying every person on this forum is racist, sexist and homophobic?  Given that they really have nothing in common.  Most Newcastle fans, not all - some Liverpool or Sunderland.  Most English, not all - some Irish or German.

32854[/snapback]

And some of them black, female or gay for that matter... self-haters, no doubt. :)

I didn't invent stealth mode either, yet I've never used it.  Sounds interesting, would you mind explaining why you use it?

Errors are quite acceptable AF, no need to apologise.  Would you care to explain the error to me and why it was wrong?  Oh, and why you keep avoiding the subject?

Why are you being so rude by the way?  You asked people to give you a chance and you'd stop being a 'Prima Donna'.  I did, and you continue to get abusive.  Not really in line with the politically correct, learned intellectual entrepreneur you aspire to.

32818[/snapback]

You can answer the questions you seem to have missed here when you're done with that.

Finding those questions a little difficult AF?  Here's one to add to the list - why are you saying every person on this forum is racist, sexist and homophobic?  Given that they really have nothing in common.  Most Newcastle fans, not all - some Liverpool or Sunderland.  Most English, not all - some Irish or German.

32854[/snapback]

And some of them black, female or gay for that matter... self-haters, no doubt. :)

32859[/snapback]

Nah that's an easy one Meenzer. Blacks hate whites, women hate men and gays hate themselves because Jesus said it was the right thing to do.

32850[/snapback]

32853[/snapback]

Stating anecdotal evidence as fact against an entire culture. Often practiced by racists, sexists and homophobes as it happens. I'll assume your wife is of similar intelligence to yourself or she would have left you by now. Or is she a figment of your imagination, like your blossoming business?

32856[/snapback]

You have undermined your smug position as being "civil".

You are now insulting my wife.

Great going.

32850[/snapback]

32853[/snapback]

32856[/snapback]

You are now insulting my wife.

Great going.

32862[/snapback]

Get a dictionary tbh.

Yes you get something aproaching civility from me, considerate of me given that you've told me and numerous others on this board that I respect to fuck off for no good reason.

Going to use that as an excuse to avoid the questions? How do you agree this obvious avoidance with your own self image by the way?

As much as I hate to join and argument late, what the fuck is this thread about? You can go through the entire Bad Taste thread and there are 3 comments on there that can be construed as racist. One of those is purely through the use of a pun. If you are going to insist on being a cock at least try to win semantic arguments.

Using the word "black" or "chinese" in a joke does not make it racist. For something to be racist it must demean a race or use a racial term in a derogatory fashion. If you were arguing that there were generalisations that insinuate all muslims (not a race) are terrorists, you may have a point, but by falling back on the race issue you show yourself to be ill informed.

The jokes in that thread are unpleasant, hence "Bad Taste" but unless you are basing this whole thread on the fact that one joke references the inability of ethnic minorities to read you should really find a new soapbox to shout off.

End of discussion.

32863[/snapback]

So you can't answer those questions then. Say what you like, but I know you'll cry yourself to sleep tonight trying to marry this reality with what you've tried to make yourself believe.

Honestly.

You're wrong.

End of discussion.

32863[/snapback]

You see, that's a shame cos we didn't even hardly get started. We could have had a nice chat about what your ideas of female workers and their opportunities were. How you think women should be treated, where the inequalities lie, what can be done about it etc. Unfortuntately you've just proven yourself to be arrogant enough to think this discussion is over merely because you deemed it so.

32882[/snapback]

:)

Still don't get where he's gone wrong.

You slagged him off for being insulting, then proceeded to insult him and his wife. Thus undermining your smug position of civility.

Have I misunderstood?

If I have undermined my civility by being smug that's one thing. That's not how I am reading it and no matter how many times I read that sentence I can't get that from it, just because all of the elements are there...

I'm not usually a pedant by the way, but this guy has taken the piss on too many occasions. I'm interested in why you've picked up this particular point.

Honestly.

You're wrong.

End of discussion.

32863[/snapback]

Oi, Germaine Grear. Fuck off.

32897[/snapback]

You ARE a little bender aren't you!

Just join in why not.

Very courageous.

32901[/snapback]

Homophobic comment! Call the PC brigade and lock this man up!

Honestly.

You're wrong.

End of discussion.

32863[/snapback]

Oi, Germaine Grear. Fuck off.

32897[/snapback]

You ARE a little bender aren't you!

Just join in why not.

Very courageous.

32901[/snapback]

Homophobic comment! Call the PC brigade and lock this man up!

32905[/snapback]

Good point, tut tut......

If I have undermined my civility by being smug that's one thing.  That's not how I am reading it and no matter how many times I read that sentence I can't get that from it, just because all of the elements are there...

I'm not usually a pedant by the way, but this guy has taken the piss on too many occasions.  I'm interested in why you've picked up this particular point.

32896[/snapback]

No doubt he's a twat. I probably only picked up on that particular point cos everything that came out of the foreskin was utter shite that deserved ignoring.