Allardyce..

Scottish Mag

SAM ALLARDYCE last night came his closest yet to admitting that, after six years as manager, he has taken Bolton Wanderers as far as he can. The nation’s choice to be the next England manager — according to one popular newspaper — stopped short of claiming the sale of a mere 14,000 tickets for the club’s European debut tonight has sullied the dream he pinned up on the dressing-room wall five years ago, but he did hint that he may require a new challenge if he is to sustain the drive that has led him to this crossroads.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,762-1781137,00.html

After Allardyces claims that he may need a new challenge it appears if Souness goes he may be one of the first to get linked with us once again.

Do you not think he'd use different tactics if he had different/better players?

I think he picks players and tactics to get the best result he can hope for, if he had good players i reckon he'd play to their strengths. He seems to be an intelligent guy.

I can think of mangers i'd rather have, Hitzfeld and the like but i dont know that Allardyce would be a disaster. I reckon everyone would know what they'd be doing anyway.

I think he picks players and tactics to get the best result he can hope for, if he had good players i reckon he'd play to their strengths. He seems to be an intelligent guy.

I can think of mangers i'd rather have, Hitzfeld and the like but i dont know that Allardyce would be a disaster. I reckon everyone would know what they'd be doing anyway.

33236[/snapback]

He said the other weekend that he only plays that way because he has to. He might even get something out of Faye...

33236[/snapback]

He said the other weekend that he only plays that way because he has to. He might even get something out of Faye...

33240[/snapback]

I don`t know about getting something from Faye but you are certainly extracting the urine with that comment surely....

:)

Just the manager we need if you ask me. I'm assuming he'd change his tactics with better palyers but its behind the scenes were he'd be the most benefit. How many players have seen that are supposedly finished go to Bolton and come good again? Speed, Djorkaeff, Campo... all down to Allardyce, his backroom staff and their preparation. Its obviously one of the places where we're most lacking

Edited by luckypierre

If you think the football's bad to watch under Souness.....

33214[/snapback]

Thats not actually what he's about and he's in a different league to Souness.

Allardyce uses gameplans and thinks everything out in detail, so against teams who he thinks he can't beat them at football with what he has and what they have and who he thinks are vlunerable to certain tactics you'll see the long balls, physical stuff and set piece orientated play.

Against teams he thinks he can beat you'll see a bit more football on the deck and less launching it. Give him our resources and money and he'd be playign his football accordingly but also with the added advantage we'd have a manager with plans B and C instead of Souness who hasn't achieved plan A yet.

And in every aspect away from the pitch Allardyce destroys Souness in how much better he is and how much he'd improve our club.

Thats not to say he'd be my first choice were we to be goign after the very best out there, but he's likely to be on Freds list ahead of foreingers!

He wouldn't be my choice at all but if you gave me the option of Allardyce or Souness, I'd take Allardyce, but its like being asked if you would rather have Cancer or AIDS.

Thats not actually what he's about and he's in a different league to Souness.

Allardyce uses gameplans and thinks everything out in detail, so against teams who he thinks he can't beat them at football with what he has and what they have and who he thinks are vlunerable to certain tactics you'll see the long balls, physical stuff and set piece orientated play.

Against teams he thinks he can beat you'll see a bit more football on the deck and less launching it. Give him our resources and money and he'd be playign his football accordingly but also with the added advantage we'd have a manager with plans B and C instead of Souness who hasn't achieved plan A yet.

And in every aspect away from the pitch Allardyce destroys Souness in how much better he is and how much he'd improve our club.

Quite right and if you look at his team selections in these type of matches it is obvious.

Everytime he looks to play the strong arm tactics Jay-Jay Okocha is benched, when they want to play football he starts.

The other thing about big Sam is you never see his players go to the media and talk about how they want to move on because they are no longer in the starting 11. Man management, can you imagine having a manager that understands the concept?

Reality check needed me thinks. Allardyce is a cracking manager, who uses the most up to date technology around, and his knowledge of the game is immense. Hes taken Bolton from the first division to Europe ffs.

Like cancer or AIDS? Fucking hell.

34390[/snapback]

Who the fuck want's their team to play like Bolton ?

Reality check needed me thinks. Allardyce is a cracking manager, who uses the most up to date technology around, and his knowledge of the game is immense. Hes taken Bolton from the first division to Europe ffs.

34390[/snapback]

Who the fuck want's their team to play like Bolton ?

34393[/snapback]

1 Chelsea

2 Charlton

3 Man City

4 Man Utd

5 Bolton

6 Tottenham

7 West Ham

8 Middlesbrough

9 Arsenal

10 Wigan

11 Liverpool

12 Blackburn

13 Fulham

14 Aston Villa

15 Portsmouth

16 Birmingham

17 West Brom

18 Everton

19 Newcastle

20 Sunderland

I do, if it's going to get us results.

34390[/snapback]

Souness did that with Blackburn in two consecutive seasons after bringing a Blackburn back into the Premiership who were in turmoil going nowhere fast after the sad death of Jack Walker & under the "guidance" of Brian Kidd...and he won them a cup.

Yeah, that was a good achievement, but mind you, the season they finished 6th, they did have a pretty strong team. The sad thing is he then sold most of the best players and replaced them with crap players, which is why so many Blackburn fans hate him.