5/6/7/11 a side footy thread

smoggeordie

This season we have signed a load of johnny come latelys (managers mates) who turn up when they fancy depending on if they are hungover or if its raining.

we have those fuckers like last night 25 players turned up to have a game my mate didnt even get on the bench because the manager had not seen him yet the manager doesnt go to any training to see the players. but his mate who just turned up played a whole 90minutes granted he scored both our goals B)

• Replies 715
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dummy well and truly spat out at the minute. 2nd top scorer in the team last year, played every game bar 6 weeks being injured, we came 2nd and got promoted. This season we have signed a load of johnny come latelys (managers mates) who turn up when they fancy depending on if they are hungover or if its raining.

When they do turn up the regular lads are getting benched for them, including me after playing the first 3 games and the team getting 7 points.

Couple more games and I'm off to pastures new I reckon

Bad crack, you can't run a side like that.

Started playing 6's on a Thursday, I've not played since the boy was born (16 months). Last week I played well and was fine physically apart from a couple of blisters.

This week played despite having back pain, my back went 10 mins in, we've got no subs so i play (horrifically) for a further 30 minutes and end up basically unable to walk.

#thestoryofamid30sfootballer

#apparentlyeverychiropactorinlondonisonholiday

played in an 11 a side tourney on the weekend (made it to the final and lost to the host team), they had a cool event on the saturday night after the games were done for the day, it was a bare-foot penalty shoot-out.

every one buys in to take a shot ($2), you score you go to the next round, winner takes all (10% to the goalie), if on the last round the keeper saves both players shoot again, if the goalie saves both again he takes all the moolah!

anyone ever participated in such a thing?

i guess i should have given results of the shoot-out, goalie won about $100, were about 40 participants and some of them who missed first bought back in at $5/head...i made it to the third round.

Edited by tooner

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone here played in blades on astro turf? A few lads do but I'm not sure!

My astro boots packed in last week!

The only other boots I've got suitable before they are replaced are these blades.

-nike-mercurial-vapor-v-fg-max-orange-abyss-metallic-silver.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

He's a total liability. I'm sure I've talked about him before on here. He gave a freekick against one of our lads last season because 'He jumped too high.'

He also disallowed a headed goal from a freekick because 'the player moved before the whistle was blown'

It must be ridiculously easy to pass your refs exam if clowns like him are doing it

Not so bad I suppose but I bet he's one of those where he'll make all the petty little decisions i.e yellow card for dissent & meanwhile people are kicking the fuck out of each other & getting away with it half the time.

Our 5-a-side team has been having a shitter last month or so, can't buy a draw let alone a win. We've always been there or thereabouts and competed with everyone, even the really good sides have never given us a drubbing, never beat them but always run them close. Last dozen games though we've been to a man garbage, everything we've touched has turned to shit, and two weeks ago we got a pasting off the top team we always run close. We finally managed a win last night against a decent enough side and looked back to our old selfs but fuck me has it been painful. We were actually questioning whether being the wrong side of 30 had caught up with us and our powers were fading and maybe it was time to jack it in.