Newcastle vs Arsenal

Besty

agree on your point about andy gray fish. he really seems to dislike us, the old balding jock cock-knocker

nearly signed for us from Dundee United, but Villa came in and he preferred to sign for them. Don't blame him either to be honest. Don't think its because he hated us though.

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

In fact, back on topic, I'm becoming more and more pissed off with Viduka. I knew he was a lazy arse, but it would seem he is even more lazy than he appeared. Great feet, in fact I honestly thought when he had that shot that it was set up for him but he missed the opportunity and it was gone.

He can score goals out of nothing, but really he needs the ball played to him in the box, Smith was far better at leading the line and causing defenders problems and helping us to push up and put them under pressure. Its a shame about Smith not being a more prolific goalscorer, but a good goalscorer alongside him like a young Andy Cole for instance, and they would be a top partnership.

As I said earlier, I was quite relieved we didn't lose last night in the end, which would have been totally underserved.

Need to keep it up for the next 5 or 6 games and go on a run.

In fact, back on topic, I'm becoming more and more pissed off with Viduka. I knew he was a lazy arse, but it would seem he is even more lazy than he appeared. Great feet, in fact I honestly thought when he had that shot that it was set up for him but he missed the opportunity and it was gone.

He can score goals out of nothing, but really he needs the ball played to him in the box, Smith was far better at leading the line and causing defenders problems and helping us to push up and put them under pressure. Its a shame about Smith not being a more prolific goalscorer, but a good goalscorer alongside him like a young Andy Cole for instance, and they would be a top partnership.

As I said earlier, I was quite relieved we didn't lose last night in the end, which would have been totally underserved.

Be interesting to see if he can form an effective partnership with Owen. In theory they should be GREAT.

He loved us in the Keegan era. 'The Entertainers' were Sky Sports biggest attraction at the time.

Then they went into the crying game (Sky Sports) showing close ups of fans with head in hands etc,they still want that.

"Not a prolific goalscorer" is putting it mildly. He has started (and finished) around 15 games this season and even though most of his starts have come from midfield, he hasn't scored a single goal - that has got to improve. I knew he wasn't prolific, but I thought he'd at least chip in with the odd goal.

viduka and smith have both been massive let downs so far like. viduka has been even fatter and lazier than expected. with smith, it's more the manager's fault for playing him out of position but he's still looked poor in the majority of games.

viduka and smith have both been massive let downs so far like. viduka has been even fatter and lazier than expected. with smith, it's more the manager's fault for playing him out of position but he's still looked poor in the majority of games.

How could Smith be a letdown for you? You've reckoned he was shit since day one. He's just lived up to your expectations, no?

How could Smith be a letdown for you? You've reckoned he was shit since day one. He's just lived up to your expectations, no?

he's been far shitter than i expected but i'd say that's largely down to him being played out of position and i blame the manager for that. it's plain to see that he's no midfielder.

i actually don't think smith is shite up front. he's a half decent striker on his day but i do think spending £6m on a 4th choice forward was a bit of a waste.

I'm sure I read Leazes berating people for saying we're better off without Dyer the other day. :nufc:

Great performance and a great result, but some people will never be happy it seems.

Massive underachiever. He has attributes that should have made him a success, he had small spells where he looked like he might have made it, but then disappeared again, through injury and attitude.

Attitude is the thing with him. After a while you realise with some players, they will just not have the application to be successful, and he fell into that category. Its just as vital as any other attribute.Sometimes you can see straight away or fairly quickly they don't have application, maybe in his case I wanted to believe but in the end realised it just wasn;t going to happen. He should have copied Craig Bellamy for lessons in it.

Our mistake was not replacing him, not in getting rid.

QFT

he's been far shitter than i expected but i'd say that's largely down to him being played out of position and i blame the manager for that. it's plain to see that he's no midfielder.

i actually don't think smith is shite up front. he's a half decent striker on his day but i do think spending £6m on a 4th choice forward was a bit of a waste.

The other day (before the Arsenal game) you were mocking me for saying I rate him :nufc:

The other day (before the Arsenal game) you were mocking me for saying I rate him :nufc:

quite right

Slightly off-topic, but I'd be very surprised if Andy Gray does hate us. He has Shearer as his all time PL player and used to defend him to the hilt when his elbows went a bit wayward.

It's true Shearer is one of his favourite players, but he does have a thing for slating Newcastle. I really rate Lennon, fucking hate Spurs though.

What's wrong for loving Newcastle under Keegan and hating it now? That pretty much sums up all NUFC fans. Sky have latched onto the crowd scenes because it's become a pantomime, as seen over the last few weeks in the press.