Crowd Support

JawD

Thought Id give this its own thread. While its a subject that we have been over numerous times, I thought some recent comments should be highlighted:

A great effort on Wednesday evening on and off the field brought some reward - but don't take our word for it:

"...The pressure from the stands was so big that overall I cannot blame the referee..... there was a union to win this game and fight tonight. Everybody was on board because their team fought like mad for 90 minutes and they got a point from it." (Arsene Wenger)

They played a good game at home with the crowd behind them, shouting all the time. (Gilberto)

At the risk of stating the blindingly obvious, the pressure on us is now even greater on Saturday.

It's vital to retain that level of performance and support against City if we're to end our six match winless run.

That from .com

and

"The fans would have gone home happy with themselves. We are all thrilled with the performance. If anybody was going to win that game it was us.

"There were a series of corners at the end when it looked like we might get the winner.

"The fans were perfect but that didn't surprise me at all. We went 1-0 down and they absolutely supported their team.

"And as we said throughout, the Newcastle fans can have a massive influence to what happens on the pitch. They did that.

"They got behind us and the team responded accordingly." (Mort)

That taken from Sky Sports.

Now I know to the majority its obvious. Cause and effect. Reaction to reaction etc. But surely, surely people have to start to realise that when we are shit (and fuck have we been of late) we need to get behind the team and not entertain the away support just because its panto season.

Thought Id give this its own thread. While its a subject that we have been over numerous times, I thought some recent comments should be highlighted:

A great effort on Wednesday evening on and off the field brought some reward - but don't take our word for it:

"...The pressure from the stands was so big that overall I cannot blame the referee..... there was a union to win this game and fight tonight. Everybody was on board because their team fought like mad for 90 minutes and they got a point from it." (Arsene Wenger)

They played a good game at home with the crowd behind them, shouting all the time. (Gilberto)

At the risk of stating the blindingly obvious, the pressure on us is now even greater on Saturday.

It's vital to retain that level of performance and support against City if we're to end our six match winless run.

That from .com

and

"The fans would have gone home happy with themselves. We are all thrilled with the performance. If anybody was going to win that game it was us.

"There were a series of corners at the end when it looked like we might get the winner.

"The fans were perfect but that didn't surprise me at all. We went 1-0 down and they absolutely supported their team.

"And as we said throughout, the Newcastle fans can have a massive influence to what happens on the pitch. They did that.

"They got behind us and the team responded accordingly." (Mort)

That taken from Sky Sports.

Now I know to the majority its obvious. Cause and effect. Reaction to reaction etc. But surely, surely people have to start to realise that when we are shit (and fuck have we been of late) we need to get behind the team and not entertain the away support just because its panto season.

The second Joey Barton. He still had the cheek to indicate to a section of the ground that they should up their suppport.

I hate Allardyce, but I have never and will never boo the team But for fuck sake except for a couple of flashes this season they deserve the negative reaction. fucking sick of the lot.

they were making out on sky like there were quite a few empty seats at wednesday's match. was that because of poor arsenal turnout or stay-aways among our support?

Edited by Dr Gloom

they were making out on sky like there were quite a few empty seats at wednesday's match. was that because of poor arsenal turnout or stay-aways among our support?

I imagine a big part was due to the fact it was an evening midweek game. I know many lads from up here that didn't go due to cost of accomodation, not being able to take time off work etc.

Didnt look that bad. I noticed the top corners of the midlburn L777 were empty but thats normal. Still overall canny full like.

I did notice Barton gesture to the East stand to up the noise like, was fair enough in one sense, but in another if he worried as much about his own game as he seems to the crowd he'd solve some of the problem himself.

Didnt get the reaction he expected though, half the east stand told him to fuck off.

I think he sees himself as the voice of the people now after his little whige the other day.

agreed. i reckon he really fancies himself in that role. might explain why he feels the need to throw his shirt into the crowd after every game.

I always say this, but the expectation has become so high that the crowd is only up for it when we're the 'underdogs'. Basically, when Arsenal, Man U or Chelsea come to town. I expect it to be quiet on Saturday unfortunately.

I always say this, but the expectation has become so high that the crowd is only up for it when we're the 'underdogs'. Basically, when Arsenal, Man U or Chelsea come to town. I expect it to be quiet on Saturday unfortunately.

Good assessment. I think you're probably right.

I thought we were underdogs against Liverpool.

I think I overdid the singing. I was a little horse yesterday. Today i can barely talk and swallowing is agony. :nufc:

I think Liverpool was a bit 'funny' because of the very early start (you need a bit of drinking time for the crowd to get going imo) and obviously the performance, tactics, etc. didn't help. And it also came off the back of the Pompey game.

Edited by alex

I think I overdid the singing. I was a little horse yesterday[/b]. Today i can barely talk and swallowing is agony. :nufc:

They say underneath every pony tail there's an arsehole

Is that not off blowing old men in the toilets?

Edited by Wacky Jnr

I think I overdid the singing. I was a little horse yesterday[/b]. Today i can barely talk and swallowing is agony. :nufc:

Nah, but it might be off drinking Lambrini out of bottles some radgie 14 year old lasses were sharing with us on the metro.

:razz:

Nah, but it might be off drinking Lambrini out of bottles some radgie 14 year old lasses were sharing with us on the metro.

Did you have a bit nec on?

You reckon that would more likely bring on a throat infection like?

I think I overdid the singing. I was a little horse yesterday[/b]. Today i can barely talk and swallowing is agony. :razz:

:icon_lol:

You reckon that would more likely bring on a throat infection like?

Syphilis can be passed on orally :nufc:

Just something to think about for today (no, not Syphilis)

Birmingham City winger Gary McSheffrey is banking on Newcastle United's boo-boys to turn on their players today.

He said: "We're in the Premier League, they are playing for their future and their manager's future so everything is on the line for them.

"It can work both ways. There are pros and cons. Everyone will expect them to beat us.

"The fans are amazing and they have that plus - but the minus side is if we go a goal up early and silence their crowd I am sure the boo-boys will be back again."