NUFC buy/sell thread

acrossthepond

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I rate that Kitson. Can't see anyone leaving permanently other than Pattison but I would like to see Stroller out

My only reservations about him coming to Newcastle is that he's rarely managed a full season due to injuries.

He'd end up in the treatment room more than Owen if he came no doubt. :good:

A country mile better than Dean Ashton though.

Out

Peter Ramage

Joey Barton

Alan Smith

Geremi

Matty Pattison

Martins

Ameobi

Carr

Emre

That should do about it i think :good:

A few others aswell, because basically whoever the manager is, they are in for a hard time to try and get this squad to play football! after tonight when the chips are down to get a result at home they cannot do it,and Stoke will be probably be in the next round of the FA cup because we are light years away from finals etc...

I rate that Kitson. Can't see anyone leaving permanently other than Pattison but I would like to see Stroller out

My only reservations about him coming to Newcastle is that he's rarely managed a full season due to injuries.

He'd end up in the treatment room more than Owen if he came no doubt. :rolleyes:

:good: "A country mile"????

I think Ashton is quality but I'm not sure he's what we need (not that I see us as having any chance of signing him) as he isn't the most mobile of players and pace and mobility are what we lack upfront for me. Seems very injury-prone too.

In = David Bentley, Craig Bellamy or Dean Ashton

Out = Ameobi, Owen if we can get a fee, Carr, Barton if we can get rid as its just a matter of time before he's in jail

In = David Bentley, Craig Bellamy or Dean Ashton

Out = Ameobi, Owen if we can get a fee, Carr, Barton if we can get rid as its just a matter of time before he's in jail

.. jesus that's the tastiest looking bait I' ve seen in years.. :good:

david villa, fabiano, or nicolas anelka... (1 please)

andrey arshavin, diego, lucas leiva, cesc fabregas, niko kranjcar, david bentley, or shaun wright philips... (2 please)

sylvain distin, david dunne, dani alves, alan hutton, or maicon... (1 please)

:dunno:

Edited by ohhh_yeah

He'd end up in the treatment room more than Owen if he came no doubt. ;)

david villa, fabiano, or nicolas anelka... (1 please)

andrey arshavin, diego, lucas leiva, cesc fabregas, niko kranjcar, david bentley, or shaun wright philips... (2 please)

sylvain distin, david dunne, dani alves, alan hutton, or maicon... (1 please)

Just thought I'd bring you back to reality. Arse shaving is the only one we have a chance of actually getting and a big WTF at the name in bold.

david dunne

Just thought I'd bring you back to reality. Arse shaving is the only one we have a chance of actually getting and a big WTF at the name in bold.

if NUFC had the chance to get dunne or his teammate micah richards, for that matter, i would hope they would splash some cash on one of them...

david dunne

i take it you do not care for dunne...

As Barney said!

If you're refering to the 29 year old Richard Dunne that most considered an average player at best a couple of seasons ago, it wouldn't matter what I think of him, he's not going to leave citeh for the shambles that is Allardyce!

If you're refering to the 29 year old David Dunn that at one stage everyone thought was going to be a target for Man U but disappeared up his own anus and is a lazy fat bastid, we've got a hell of a better chance of getting him but do you really want more shite at our club.

I know you aren't a fan of Taylor's, Alex, but whats the point in selling him for a few million to a Pompey or Villa and then we use the money to buy in another Rozehnal?

Edited by Barney

I know you aren't a fan of Taylor's, Alex, but whats the point in selling him for a few million to a Pompey or Villa and then we use the money to buy in another Rozehnal?

I would say Ben and Brown are not another Rozehnal like, plus I think he might be deployed as a Ded Mid for the next month during the African nations and I will wait till next season to see if he has adjusted to the Premiership yet.

Well, I think because he's English, has been in the England squad and played for the U21s etc. he'd probably command a decent fee. I think his value will only fall from now on. I think both Brown and Ben Haim are better, more solid defenders and I actually think Rozenhal is a better player too, although he needs a commanding centre-half alongside him.

Fair enough.

I rate Taylor higher than Rozehnal personally and would prefer we hang onto a player who may get the errors out of his game and has time on his side to improve.

I take your point about his present fee though, should he not rid his game of the errors.

Red Devil link returns

From The Manchester Evening News, Friday:

Newcastle boss Sam Allardyce has made an offer for United defender Wes Brown.

Brown will be a free agent in the summer when his Old Trafford contract expires and he has been stalling on signing a new deal.

The 28-year-old Mancunian’s advisors have been negotiating with the Reds for most of the season and Brown has turned down a number of offers from the club.

United manager Sir Alex Ferguson revealed before Christmas that Brown had rejected the club’s final offer and there would be no increased deal. That agreement remains unsigned but still on the table.

Now M.E.N. Sport understands that long term admirer Allardyce has tested the water with an offer to the Reds for the England squad member.

Transfer:

Matty away

Sources in Norfolk on Friday confirmed that an agreement had been reached over the permanent transfer of United midfielder Matty Pattison to Norwich City.

The 21 year-old midfielder has been on loan at Carrow Road since November and has finished on the losing side just once in his ten Championship appearances.

An undisclosed fee has been agreed with Newcastle for the player who made the last of his fifteen first team appearances for us at Watford at the end of last season.

Fair enough.

I rate Taylor higher than Rozehnal personally and would prefer we hang onto a player who may get the errors out of his game and has time on his side to improve.

I take your point about his present fee though, should he not rid his game of the errors.

I know he's young but I think my problem is that he's played a lot for the first team now and he doesn't seem to learn from his mistakes. Not sure he has any outstanding attributes either. Apart from 'magness' obviously :dunno:

If we get Brown and Ben Haim in I'd sell Taylor.

bad mistake that IMO

I know you rate Taylor mate. I'd love him to prove me wrong too.