Best 11

NobbySol

Basicly im still awake after alot of caffeine so ive decided to name my first 11, the team i believe could be most effective. Also, ive added a few positions available for incoming transfers if any. What's your best 11 and maybe FS will give this a read some time :good: .

GK: Given (for obvious reasons)

LB: Enrique (if he's any good, if not sign a decent one in january)

CB: Taylor (think if he plays alongside a more cultured centre back which we haven't seen here in a while then it will help him develop into a better player)

CB: Cacapa (had a shocker against porstmouth that may continue to be mentioned but other than that has been solid and smart in the moves he has made)

RB: Beye (Been our best player this season by a country mile, may need to purchase a youngster as a backup)

LM: Duff (looks to be getting back to what we hope form, will hopefully improve game by game. Offers more attacking threat than most in our team)

DM: Faye (looked solid at the weekend, likes playing there and is one built fucker. Adds alot of strenght to the midfield and aireal ability)

AM: N'zogbia (He has said on numerous occasions he would like to play in a more central role, if sam does not wish to play him there then buy arshavin)

RM: Milner (consistent hard worker, but still needs improvement on final delivery)

ST: Owen (Class act, great finisher, just hope he stays fit)

ST. Martins (Hit or miss, but hits more than every striker in our team of late, poor when lacking confidence but hopefully he will regain it on the ANC)

This amounts to the following:

------------Given---------------

Beye, Taylor, Cacapa, Enrique

----------- Faye ----------------

Milner-----------------------Duff

-----------N'zogbia--------------

-----Owen------Martins

Out of our current players, when everyone is fit i would go with the following

GK----------Shay

LB----------Enrique

RB----------Beye

CB---------Taylor

CB---------Cacapa

DM---------Butt

AM---------Zoggy

LM---------Duff

RM---------Milner

CF---------Viduka

CF---------Owen

Bench.......Smith,Faye,Harper,Emre,Martins

If I was BS I would be looking to bring in a proper right sided midfielder who can beat people,has pace and quality delivery. I would also look at a creative midfielder and centre back, also a striker as Owen/Viduka have poor injury records. I wouldnt mind flogging Martins to raise funds if we can get back what we paid, he`s dissapointed me this season with his poor touch and lack of composure/vision.

I think given a run of games Vid/Owen could forge a good partnership if they get decent service. Cacapa is our best centre half and I would have Taylor above the lightweight Rozenhal. Enrique needs games, Beye has been my pick of our new defenders,Duff at his best is a great player, Zoggy has the atributes to play in an advanced midfield role, Butt is an experienced and solid defensice midfielder, Milner is the weak link in the midfield, plenty of effort but thats not enough, bring in Bentley down the right.

I've been thinking quite a lot about this (now my head hurts) but I think we have a great midfielder in our squad and the club hasn't spotted it.

If you watch the way Rozenhol goes forward, his passing and commitment he'd be perfect for the holding midfield role.

Faye in my opinion is a better CB and paired with Cacapa would be an awesome centre of defence.

The way I'd like to see it.

Shay

Beye Faye Cacapa Enrique

Rozy

Milner N'Zogbia Duff

Viduka Martins/Owen (Both replaced by Anelka)

Subs: Harper, Taylor (and he doesn't like it he can fuck off), Butt, Smith, Martins.

With a couple of decent signings (being sensible) and a couple of departures we could have a quality side

Ameobi £1m

Martins £9m

Emre £3m

Carr £500k

Ramage £500k

so thats £14m ish coming in and if Mike gives Sam £10m to spend we may be able to get the following

Bentley £8m

Woodgate £6m

plus £10m to spend on a striker maybe McCarthey from Blackburn or Bent from Spurs at a knockdown price

Our line up could look like this

------------------------Shay--------------------------

Beye-------Woodgate-------Cacapa--------Enrique

----Bentley------Butt-------Zoggy------------Duff

--------------McCarthey----------Owen-------------

With a couple of decent signings (being sensible) and a couple of departures we could have a quality side

Ameobi £1m

Martins £9m

Emre £3m

Carr £500k

Ramage £500k

so thats £14m ish coming in and if Mike gives Sam £10m to spend we may be able to get the following

Bentley £8m

Woodgate £6m

plus £10m to spend on a striker maybe McCarthey from Blackburn or Bent from Spurs at a knockdown price

Our line up could look like this

------------------------Shay--------------------------

Beye-------Woodgate-------Cacapa--------Enrique

----Bentley------Butt-------Zoggy------------Duff

--------------McCarthey----------Owen-------------

I'd love to sign Bentley, but it'll never happen. Read somewhere that West Ham are trying to sign Bent for £16m :good:

If we don't sign anyone of note in January....

---------------------Given

--Beye-------Cacapa----Faye-----Enrique

--Milner------N'Zogbia---Butt--------Duff

---------------Viduka-----Owen

That's the back four that's impressed me most this season when they have played together, N'Zogbia in the centre to plug the 'creative midfielder' hole, Owen ahead of Martins because even though the latter is our top scorer he looks jaded and his inability to finish seems to be getting worse.

That's the back four that's impressed me most this season when they have played together, N'Zogbia in the centre to plug the 'creative midfielder' hole, Owen ahead of Martins because even though the latter is our top scorer he looks jaded and his inability to finish seems to be getting worse.

Zoggy's gash in the centre though IMO.

He hasn't got the game to play in the middle. He may develop into a central midfielder several years down the line like so many wide men do. I know he's said he prefers playing there but I don't think it's his best position at all.

He`s no left back either. Duff will be first choice on the left and I would have Zoggy in the middle ahead of Emre,Geremi and Barton thats for sure. He needs to be given a chance there to what he can do, Stoke on Sunday would be ideal for him but the fat man wont change his mind

given

beye taylor cacapa enrique

milner emre n'zogbia duff

viduka owen

We'd be butt fucked so bad with that central midfield pairing that even bubba wouldn't want us!

The drugs some of you guys are on must be good if you're even considering Emre in our starting 11, it would be like turning up with 10 men week in week out.

Guest James_coDurham
given

viduka owen

We'd be butt fucked so bad with that central midfield pairing that even bubba wouldn't want us!

The drugs some of you guys are on must be good if you're even considering Emre in our starting 11, it would be like turning up with 10 men week in week out.

:good: Aye lets play a centre back in midfield instead. Perfect!

He hasn't got the game to play in the middle. He may develop into a central midfielder several years down the line like so many wide men do. I know he's said he prefers playing there but I don't think it's his best position at all.

I don't think he's a good enough passer of the ball tbf to play that role.

given

viduka owen

we don't have a better creative central midfielder at the club sadly. emre deserves to start at central midfield ahead of barton, smith and geremi (who have all been complete shite since they joined), and your choice of rozenhal (who we'd be playing out of position) because he is one of our few midfielders that can actually pass the ball and chip in with the odd assist or goal. until we recruit better, he should start.

--Milner------Emre---Butt--------N'Zogbia

Subs: Harper, Taylor, Rozenhal, Duff, Martins

Id need to see Duff a bit more to see if Id start him over Zog. Id also like to see Geremi get a run in centre MF. Ive said Enrique LB but in fairness I havent seen enough of him here, I just wanted to push Zog up.

Moving forward, Id replace Emre with a playmaker as a priority. Someone who can bring the wingers / forwards into play.

.....................................Given

.Beye..............Cacapa................Faye..............Enrique

....Duff..............Butt..............Emre................N'Zogbia

...........................Martins............Owen

In the past Duff has shown he can play on the right and he is pacier than Milner.

I prefer Martins over Viduka because he too is pacier and I think we need that in the front line.

.....................................Given

.Beye..............Cacapa................Faye..............Enrique

....Duff..............Butt..............Emre................N'Zogbia

...........................Martins............Owen

In the past Duff has shown he can play on the right and he is pacier than Milner.

I prefer Martins over Viduka because he too is pacier and I think we need that in the front line.

....but can he play alongside owen? i'm not convinced.

normall i'd play owen ahead of martins as he's the better player, but he's been so injury prone for us that i'd have to go for martins

I would like to field attacking side for home matches and slightly defensive side away.

Home

---------------Given-----------------

Beye----Faye----Cacapa----Enrique

Milner--------Emre------------Duff

------------------Zoggy-------

----------Owen-----Martins

Sub :

Taylor, Smith, Roz, Harper, Viduka

Away

---------------Given-----------------

Beye----Taylor----Cacapa----Enrique

Milner---Butt-----Faye------ Zoggy

----------Viduka-----Martins

Sub :

Harper, Emre, Owens, Roz, Duff

Our midfield would be seriously lightweight if it had charlie playing in the middle. If anything id rather 'do a Sam' and play charlie on the rightr and milner in the middle with duff on the left. At least for a game or two to see how it works. Unlike sam though, if it bombed i wouldnt continue flogging a dead horse!

This thread sums up Allardyce's problems in many ways. There isn't a best XI as such which leads to him chopping and changing every game, meaning the team doesn't gel and we end up watching disjointed rubbish.

I'd quite fancy him to do a job in the hole. He's probably the only player we've got who can run at people and supply a half decent pass.

I'd quite fancy him to do a job in the hole. He's probably the only player we've got who can run at people and supply a half decent pass.

Bit gay there :good::rolleyes: