Barton back training at Newcastle

Besty

Newcastle midfielder Joey Barton has returned to training - less than three weeks after being charged with assault.

Barton's bail conditions mean the 25-year-old remains unavailable to play for Newcastle.

"Joey had to be introduced to training because at the end of the day, he is one of our players," said caretaker boss Nigel Pearson.

"He has got back in the last couple of days to basically assess his fitness, and we will go from there."

Barton was charged with assault occasioning actual bodily harm and affray after an incident in Liverpool's Church Street last month.

Since his arrest on 27 December Barton has missed five Newcastle games and in his absence the club have sacked manager Sam Allardyce, who brought the midfielder to St James' Park in the summer for £5.8m.

"What I can tell you is that the bail rulings are in place," added Pearson. "Outside of that, I can't really comment because I am not totally au fait with the details.

"All I will say that any rules and regulations which are in place will be met by us."

Newcastle midfielder Joey Barton has returned to training - less than three weeks after being charged with assault.

Barton's bail conditions mean the 25-year-old remains unavailable to play for Newcastle.

"Joey had to be introduced to training because at the end of the day, he is one of our players," said caretaker boss Nigel Pearson.

"He has got back in the last couple of days to basically assess his fitness, and we will go from there."

Barton was charged with assault occasioning actual bodily harm and affray after an incident in Liverpool's Church Street last month.

Since his arrest on 27 December Barton has missed five Newcastle games and in his absence the club have sacked manager Sam Allardyce, who brought the midfielder to St James' Park in the summer for £5.8m.

"What I can tell you is that the bail rulings are in place," added Pearson. "Outside of that, I can't really comment because I am not totally au fait with the details.

"All I will say that any rules and regulations which are in place will be met by us."

Sack the bastard

Sack the bastard

Here!!!! Here!!!

Fuck off to West Ham you scouse cunt!

Didn't realise Barton was so slow until he joined the toon. Always saw him as pretty dynamic, looks more like a cart horse with 3 legs.

That'll be due to the ball and chain he has to wear.

Didn't realise Barton was so slow until he joined the toon. Always saw him as pretty dynamic, looks more like a cart horse with 3 legs.

That'll be due to the ball and chain he has to wear.

Not down to the fact he's utter shite? Barton or Smith. pfft.

Hoy him in the reserves and let him rot.

Aye, whilst we continue to spunk away club money on his wages.

Shrewd move.

Dock his wages then, there must be summat in his contract about bringing the clubs name into disrepute considering his colourful past.

Personally I couldn't give a fuck if he's lamped some scouse twat, he's shown himself to be a capable box to box midfielder at Man City. We're crying out for that at the moment. Ok, so the 8 games he's started so far haven't been great, but nobody's been great this season and if we're going to play on the floor a bit more like the last three or four games suggest, he could come into his own.

Maximum fine for his stupidity and get on with it.

I'd laugh if his bail conditions were that he can't go within 5 feet of another human being.

I'm not really sure twatting a mouthy drunken scally should be a crime, really it could be community service. :D

I'd laugh if his bail conditions were that he can't go within 5 feet of another human being.

I'm not really sure twatting a mouthy drunken scally should be a crime, really it could be community service. :D

It was the alleged* indiscriminate twatting of people who just happened to be walking past that seems to have landed him in serious bother.

*His lawyer alluding to it suggests it may well have been captured on CCTV. I agree about the other bloke though, if you try your best to provoke someone and get filled-in, you were asking for it.

I'm hoping a new manager can get the best out of him. Wonder if he has burnt his bridges though (inc fans).

Fans booing Barton off the field against Derby would seem to suggest so.

I'm hoping a new manager can get the best out of him. Wonder if he has burnt his bridges though (inc fans).

Fans booing Barton off the field against Derby would seem to suggest so.

I meant after his punch up. Not his performances.