Hungarian Starlet Completes Toon Move

khay

Hungarian Starlet Completes Toon Move

NEWCASTLE United have completed the signing of Hungary Under-21 international Tamas Kadar.

The promising 17-year-old has signed a four-and-a-half year deal at St.James' Park and joins from Hungarian top flight club Zalaegerszegi TE.

Kadar can operate as either a centre-half or left-back and burst into the Zalaegerszegi first-team when he was just 16.

He is recognised as one of the best young defenders in Hungary and has one cap for the Under-21s.

Stay logged on to nufc.co.uk for exclusive pictures of Tamas signing for the Magpies and get his thoughts on his big move.

Edited by khay

Who sanctioned it?

I don't think it matters, probs would have signed last week but Mort would have busy with getting us a new manager.

Keegan should not have to worry about bringing in the youth players, just willing to give them a chance. :icon_lol:

kadarpepsifoci.jpg

fucking get in :icon_lol::D

Do you know if he's highly rated in Hungary?

He is, but i think he's under the radar at the moment. The media doesn't cover the youth football here, so i didn't see him play at any level in the hungarian side, but to win a cap in the Under21 side as a 17 year old says a lot.

I found it interesting he started playing football only 3 years ago (played handball until 14), because of that i think he must have massive potential.

He said when he was in Newcastle for trial, the coaches was delighted at his aggressiveness, 'the coaches said they never saw a player from the continent at his age with this kind of aggression', according to his agent.

Also, it's reported his fee with the clauses and add-ons could be as high as 2 million pounds, but it will stay disclosed as per request from the Toon.

Edited by marci

kadarpepsifoci.jpg

He is, but i think he's under the radar at the moment. The media doesn't cover the youth football here, so i didn't see him play at any level in the hungarian side, but to win a cap in the Under21 side as a 17 year old says a lot.

I found it interesting he started playing football only 3 years ago (played handball until 14), because of that i think he must have massive potential.

He said when he was in Newcastle for trial, the coaches was delighted at his aggressiveness, 'the coaches said they never saw a player from the continent at his age with this kind of aggression', according to his agent.

Also, it's reported his fee with the clauses and add-ons could be as his as 2 million pounds, but it will stay disclosed as per request from the Toon.

Interesting, cheers.

kadarpepsifoci.jpg

Also, it's reported his fee with the clauses and add-ons could be as his as 2 million pounds, but it will stay disclosed as per request from the Toon.

Interesting, cheers.

seconded ..cheers for the info marra.

Debut Delight For Hungarian Starlet

By Craig Hope

NEWCASTLE United new boy Tamas Kadar showed glimpses of just why the Magpies faced stiff competition for his signature during Tuesday's 5-0 reserve rout at Middlesbrough.

The black and white debutant only received international clearance at the 11th hour to play in the game having already taken part in a full training session earlier that day.

But there were certainly no signs of tiredness as the Hungarian Under-21 starlet helped snuff out the threat of Egyptian international Mido during a composed display at the heart of the United rearguard.

And, after lasting 77 minutes of his Geordie bow, Tamas said: "I am very happy because I didn't think it would be possible to play because of the international clearance.

"I didn't think I had a chance because I only arrived on Sunday but I trained with the first team in the morning then played last night.

"I came off at the end because I felt a little twinge in my knee.

"I've been training in Hungary on a tough surface but I got caught unluckily by a foul.

"I felt I was OK after that but I came off just as a precaution - it is nothing serious."

Andy Carroll fired a hat-trick against the Teessiders and Kadar admits that he was impressed with the Geordie frontman.

"Carroll is very big and strong. He uses his body well and I was very impressed with him," he told nufc.co.uk.

"His goals were good and I'm happy to get a win in my first game.

"I enjoyed the game very much and hopefully now I will continue to get plenty of football and learn about the English game and start to pick up the English language."

And Tamas revealed his delight after meeting with manager Kevin Keegan this week, adding: "It was a fantastic feeling to meet the manager.

"I was a bit shocked because I have never been face to face with such a famous person.

"He made a big impression on me.

"He has been very kind and is a very funny guy.

"It has been great to be in Newcastle so far."

http://www.nufc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/NewsD...1222857,00.html

Sounded like the lad did well against Mido.