Dwain Chambers

Smooth Operator

So he uses banned drugs to improve his performance, gets caught and serves the ban imposed on him by the poweres that govern the sport and he's still getting all this shite after coming back and proving he's still one of the best UK sprinters around!!

Steve Cram is on the BBC website saying he wouldn't pick him, well as far as I can see they are gonna have to cos he won the event at the weekend. And too right IMO.

He brought shame on himself and UK Athletics with what he did and was punished, that punishment has passed now so let him get on with his fucking career ffs.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can see both sides of the coin really, but he looked really sharp yesterday and if he's genuinely clean and getting involved in anti-drugs promotion and the like, then I don't see what else he can do to convince people. The powers-that-be were pretty quick to overturn Ohuruogu's Olympic ban when they realised she had a shot at a medal, so I'm sure they'll do the same if Chambers keeps his form going into the outdoor season, whatever they might say now.

Edited by Meenzer

He's served his punishment iyam. UK Athletics can't make it up as they go along!

However, I think UK Athletics can still not pick him under an 'exceptional clause' in their rules. I don't know if this is correct, but I heard it on the radio this morning.

I wonder how UK athletics will implode once th truth about Dame whatshername comes out.

As for Cram: FUCK OFF YOU MACKEM TOSSER.

Personally i'd ban drug cheats for life, but that isn't the rules and so having served his ban he should be allowed to compete. What makes them all look like complete arseholes is what Meenzer said regarding Ohuruogu who repeatedly defied the rules to attend tests when she easilly could have on numerous occasions and has whinged on as if she's the victim throughout. If you continue to miss tests you're a drug cheat, there's no other reason why you're repeattedly avoiding them.

Served his ban end of imo he should be able to race again, another factor they seem to overlook is he is our best sprinter.

He took the drugs because he wanted to catch up to Mo Greene and his coach was advising him to take them saying they were untraceable. The man took a risk got caught served the ban they gave him kept fit and returned good on him.

Americans seem to give out longer bans than us as Justin Gatlin got an 8 year ban so that's him finished and I think Tim Montgomery got a similar one, I think it should be the same lengthy ban for our drug cheats.

I say let him run at the Olympics too if he can qualify.

Edit: About Ohuruogu she missed 3 tests total over a certain length of time, she actually had tests in between the ones she missed and she passed all of them tests so she was clean.

Also Darren Campbell still hates Chambers for costing him that gold medal :D so I'm pretty sure the rest of that sprint team will be pissed off with him still, well at least he could be mates with Pickering :lol: .

Edited by Barton7

Served his ban end of imo he should be able to race again, another factor they seem to overlook is he is our best sprinter.

He took the drugs because he wanted to catch up to Mo Greene and his coach was advising him to take them saying they were untraceable. The man took a risk got caught served the ban they gave him kept fit and returned good on him.

Americans seem to give out longer bans than us as Justin Gatlin got an 8 year ban so that's him finished and I think Tim Montgomery got a similar one, I think it should be the same lengthy ban for our drug cheats.

I say let him run at the Olympics too if he can qualify.

Edit: About Ohuruogu she missed 3 tests total over a certain length of time, she actually had tests in between the ones she missed and she passed all of them tests so she was clean.

Also Darren Campbell still hates Chambers for costing him that gold medal :D so I'm pretty sure the rest of that sprint team will be pissed off with him still, well at least he could be mates with Pickering :lol: .

Anything/one that stops Darren Campbell getting anywhere near a podium is more than welcome in my book.

Anything/one that stops Darren Campbell getting anywhere near a podium is more than welcome in my book.

:lol: Shame some of the other lads lost their medals because of it although Dervonish deserved to loose his medal simply for the horrific bbc program I saw him on where he messed about pretending to be building his house. Campbell's retired now too so you wont have to worry about it any time in the future either.

Can't be many world records out there that aren't drugs assisted.

I definately think they are pushing the boundaries now like, I hope Tyson Gay and Asafa Powell aren't found to be on any drugs or that will show your assumption would be true in the 100m at least.

Edited by Barton7

Can't be many world records out there that aren't drugs assisted.

What about the one for eating baked beans with a cocktail stick?

Wind assisted. :D

Wehay! :lol:

What sort of example does it set to young athletes setting out? Take drugs if you want. Even if you get caught, don't worry, you'll be back.

Is there definitive proof that the anabolic steriods Chambers took have no effect on his body now? Would he ever have gained the same physique without them?

The Olympics have it right IMO. Cheat and you can fuck off.

I can see why they've picked him, mind.

They're completely out of his system now, he already had the physique he has before he took THG he was already a very good sprinter he just wanted that little bit extra to get amongst the elite (mainly Americans).

I'm personally glad he has been selected he's shown real determination and it simply would be unfair on him if they turned round and denied him, they set the ban length. We are amongst the harshest when it comes to steroids, I'll scrap what I said about Gatlin I've just found out his 8 year ban was cut to a 4 year and now it's been cut to a 2 year one, they reckon he might protest to have it halved again he'll be at the Olympics by this rate :lol: .

They're completely out of his system now, he already had the physique he has before he took THG he was already a very good sprinter he just wanted that little bit extra to get amongst the elite (mainly Americans).

Have those two things been proven?

Can they even be proven? :lol:

Usually I would say he's served his time etc. However, he's showed very little remorse and some of the arrogant shite he's come out with about winners taking drugs means I wouldn't piss on him if he was on fire. Not that I'd catch him anyway.

Outside the Olympics I pretty much have zero interest in athletics but Chambers served his ban and qualified via the trial. UK Athletics' stance is particularly perplexing since they imposed the ban and iirc, other countries give harsher sentences to athletes who test positive for banned substances. If they feel that strongly about it they should do the same.

Edited by alex