Eduardo's career over?

Happy Face

Horrible accident you can see Taylor going for the ball real shame this like Eduardo is a quality player one of the few Arsenal players that isn't a dirty cheating tosser. The break looks in a very awkward place I'm sure if you look close on that motd video you can see the white of the bone sticking out the sock :hiya: Hope he recovers fully and it doesn't make him timid when the tackles are flying.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hope he comes back from it. Don't think there was any intent to injure him. The ball was there to be won. Just one of those awful accidents I guess.

I'm not so sure. I've seen it several times now and it looks suspiciously like he went in to do him. Nobody goes in that high and studs first without wanting to hurt someone. People on this thread defending the tackle have obviously never been on the recieving end of one of these. I feel for the lad, as others have said this looks depressingly career threatening.

Hope he comes back from it. Don't think there was any intent to injure him. The ball was there to be won. Just one of those awful accidents I guess.

I'm not so sure. I've seen it several times now and it looks suspiciously like he went in to do him. Nobody goes in that high and studs first without wanting to hurt someone. People on this thread defending the tackle have obviously never been on the recieving end of one of these. I feel for the lad, as others have said this looks depressingly career threatening.

Slaven Bilic has defended the tackle.

I heard Vinnie Jones has said there's nothing wrong with it as well...

Bilic is Eduardo's international manager, which makes what he said different to some thug defending it. I realise you were taking the piss btw.

"He would never, ever do anything malicious. He has mis-timed the tackle, and I've seen it. Some would say it is not even a yellow card."

:hiya:

The ref didn't look like he was going to book him until he saw Eduardo was badly injured.

"He would never, ever do anything malicious. He has mis-timed the tackle, and I've seen it. Some would say it is not even a yellow card."

The ref didn't look like he was going to book him until he saw Eduardo was badly injured.

it was a blatant red, intentional or not.

it was a blatant red, intentional or not.

Didn't look that bad in real time though. It obviously looks terrible in slow motion, due to the injury mainly.

Agreed, but surely that confirmed that he'd got the man and not the ball ?

I'm not saying he didn't. But he gave the freekick straight away and the red card was an afterthought, or so it appeared anyway. It was the sort of tackle you see in loads of matches though which rarely gets a straight red and often doesn't even warrant a yellow in the eyes of the ref.

I'm not saying he didn't. But he gave the freekick straight away and the red card was an afterthought, or so it appeared anyway. It was the sort of tackle you see in loads of matches though which rarely gets a straight red and often doesn't even warrant a yellow in the eyes of the ref.

You're right, I raised an eyebrow too when I saw him reach for the red card, my only thought is that when the ref saw the extent of the injury it confirmed it was dangerous conduct and got the man and not the ball, but otherwise I didn't think it looked a Particularly bad tackle.

You're right, I raised an eyebrow too when I saw him reach for the red card, my only thought is that when the ref saw the extent of the injury it confirmed it was dangerous conduct and got the man and not the ball, but otherwise I didn't think it looked a Particularly bad tackle.

To be honest, in a funny sort of way it was probably just as well for Taylor he was sent off. Also, if it hadn't happened, I reckon Arsenal would have won comfortably - not that I'm saying Birmingham will be happy about what happened or anything.

awful disgraceful challenge :hiya: but these things happen in football...its no excuse but these things happen :lol:

hope eduardo is ok and recovers, but from those images, its looking very very bad.

It wasn't that bad.

Watch it in real time, not just frozen pictures of the "highlights".

It was just a badish (timing more than any intent) tackle that happened to result in a horrible injury.

It was more like someone stumbling into someone then tripping on the kerb and hitting their head in just the "right" way to kill themselves than someone beating someone else to death.

If the injury hadn't occurred (and if most anything had been slightly different it wouldn't) I'm not sure he'd have even got a yellow card for it.