Eduardo's career over?

Happy Face

21 min: Apologies for not watching the football for a couple of minutes - it's basically a training session anyway - but I've just seen a picture of Taylor's challenge, and it is completely and utterly disgraceful. Flying through the air studs up, he lunges in halfway up the shin of Eduardo's standing leg. The striker's leg clean snaps at a right angle; no wonder Fabregas was holding his head in his hands the minute he saw it. It's going to be an ethical dilemma for sports editors across the country, is this picture.

From the Guardian :lol:

call me a heartless twat, BUT

yes it's a foul, but utterly disgraceful?

looks like Eduardo is too quick for him and knocks the ball away a second before the tackle

Yeah ?

3379ew3.jpg

Shouldnt be diving in with a tackle that high like. But i dont believe he would have gone in to break the players leg

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

21 min: Apologies for not watching the football for a couple of minutes - it's basically a training session anyway - but I've just seen a picture of Taylor's challenge, and it is completely and utterly disgraceful. Flying through the air studs up, he lunges in halfway up the shin of Eduardo's standing leg. The striker's leg clean snaps at a right angle; no wonder Fabregas was holding his head in his hands the minute he saw it. It's going to be an ethical dilemma for sports editors across the country, is this picture.

looks like Eduardo is too quick for him and knocks the ball away a second before the tackle

Yeah ?

3379ew3.jpg

you can tell what's going to happen without knowing

that's fucking shocking

Wenger:

"The tackle was horrendous and this guy should never play football again," Wenger told BBC Sport.

"That kind of tackle was waiting to happen to one of our players."

Yeah ?

3379ew3.jpg

i know, i know

i meant seeing the tackle live

With the collection of arrogant twats they have of course it was. Shame it couldnt have happened to someone who deserved it like Eboue.

I'm sad for Eduardo though he seems like a decent enough guy :lol:

He seems to forget Viera and the like put some pretty shocking tackles around themselves.

It is a bad tackle but it looks like the ball has just been knocked away and a split second before it may have been where Taylors foot is.

I bet no one feels worse than taylor, he doesnt make a habit of bad tackles and im sure the last thing he had on his mind was breaking the guys leg.

The press are going to have a field day tomorrow. Not as bad as Ben Thatcher imo

With the collection of arrogant twats they have of course it was. Shame it couldnt have happened to someone who deserved it like Eboue.

Matt, grow the fuck up or keep those fucking stupid comments to yourself.

Matt, grow the fuck up or keep those fucking stupid comments to yourself.

I wouldn't want that to happen to any team's players but he does have a point with the bit about them being arrogant, and Arsewipe Wenger doesn't help matters coming out with shite like that or saying he thinks Taylor should never play footy again. It's that sort of nonsense that adds to the ever increasing rules that are turning the game in to a non-contact sport :)

I do have a point in the sense that it is a emotional high intensity game. If you spend your time winding people up there will be consequences, intentional or not.

Saying that has nothing to do with not being "grown up" it's the way it is. Get off your high horse.

Have to say i agree with Wenger's sentiments on this one... Guys like Eduardo are great to watch and all of a sudden you get some hoofer centre half who just goes right through the back of him and practically rips his leg off. It was a dreadful challenge, its hard to believe some folk are defending it. They've obviously never been on the wrong end of one of these tackle's.

On the other hand its hard to know where to draw the line in terms of handing out lengthy or even permanent bans to players who put fellow professional's careers at risk with dangerous challenges. But you can see why Wenger is so upset, we've heard it so many times on TV, the way to beat Arsenal is to get "physical".

All the best to Eduardo in his recovery. Personally i think he would have been one of the better players to watch at Euro 2008 so i am dissapointed.

I do have a point in the sense that it is a emotional high intensity game. If you spend your time winding people up there will be consequences, intentional or not.

Saying that has nothing to do with not being "grown up" it's the way it is. Get off your high horse.

It was the third minute.

How wound up could they be?

If it teaches Arsenal players what actually justifies going down, I'm all for it.

You really are a tit. Also may i ask how old you are?

Old enough to know Ronaldo is not the best player in the world, you dumb fuck.

If it teaches Arsenal players what actually justifies going down, I'm all for it.

Come on. Tell me how old you are

Fuck you pedo.

How come it's just the last few months I've noticed you're a cunt? Was it a conscious decision to post bollocks, a new years resolution, or was I just not paying enough attention?

Fuck you pedo.

So your a little kid. No wonder your so clueless

How come it's just the last few months I've noticed you're a cunt? Was it a conscious decision to post bollocks, a new years resolution, or was I just not paying enough attention?

Perhaps you're just not getting laid enough recently. If you think Ronaldo is top 5, you're obviously a dumb fuck like this twat.

Fuck you pedo.

So your a little kid. No wonder your so clueless

Clueless, Ronaldo is the best in the world type clueless, or some other kind of clueless?

Perhaps you're just not getting laid enough recently. If you think Ronaldo is top 5, you're obviously a dumb fuck like this twat.

haha. you really are a moron

Is it possible to get laid 'enough'?