The official Match thread: Newcastle United Vs ManUre

Jimbo

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The 3-0 defeat against Liverpool back in November doesn't seem that bad any more. Espeically when you consider 2008 so far:

02/01/08 Man City (h) Lost 0-2

06/01/08 Stoke City (a) Drew 0-0

12/01/08 Man Utd (a) Lost 0-6

16/01/08 Stoke City (h) Won 4-1

19/01/08 Bolton (h) Drew 0-0

26/01/08 Arsenal (a) Lost 0-3

29/01/08 Arsenal (a) Lost 0-3

03/02/08 Middlesbrough (h) Drew 1-1

09/02/08 Aston Villa (a) Lost 1-4

23/02/08 Man Utd (h) Lost 1-5

10 games

1 win

2 draws

7 defeats

7 goals for

25 goals against

Shocking...

As much as I hate to say it relegation is probably the only long term remedy for the malaise. We need a fresh start and barring a miracle we're going to keep churning out the same shite year after year.

:lol: Aye a fresh start in the Championship is EXACTLY what we need. Fuck me.

What we need is a home game against someone fucking shit, not relegation and a season in a lower division.

As much as I hate to say it relegation is probably the only long term remedy for the malaise. We need a fresh start and barring a miracle we're going to keep churning out the same shite year after year.

That's really how I feel but I just cannot advocate the relegation of the club, that could be a seriously damaging thing to happen to us.

It'll never happen tho will it? :lol:

We played well till they scored, however I don't ever remember feeling lower about NUFC than I do tonight honestly, you can say whatever you want, and it is saying the obvious, but we're utter ineptitude personified. My five a side team defends better and has more discipline than these utter wanks, and Nicky Butt hang your head in shame, not for your endeavour but because you are everything I hate about past their best players. He plays a pass which can I only say if you played for the worst team in the bottom division of the worst pub league in Britain, and you played that pass, you would never play again. So what does he do? Hold his hands up? No. Put his head down? No. Roll his sleeves up? No. No he bollocks young Charlie for a pass you would need to be about 40 feet to keep in. You wanker.

And our fans fuckin mongs, utter utter fuckin mongs, boring bastards, same old repetitive pish, fuckin wank.

I don't think it'd be a remedy, I could see us going into administration!

What an ABSOLUTE FUCKIN WITHOUT OR QUESTION UTTER FUCKIN MONG. Fuckin unbelievable, everything about this shit bastard club, fuck knows why jock, irish and southern cunts support us.

There's something deeply wrong with the players, they're the only constant the club's had along with shite performances and results since the dark days of Souness. I'm starting to wonder whether a wholesale change of playing staff might be the best idea to ditch the terrible decline.

Finally someone sees sense, and he's completely ignored.

No offence but you're too young to realise what an absolute holocaust relegation is.

The cure to the malaise is an owner willing to spend a lot of money and a manager who has a decent record of doing that - scrape together enough points to avoid disaster and I think we'll be okay.

How can a business with no debt and the benefit of a huge parachute payment go into administration?

If Ashley cuts the purse strings, sharpish.

How can a business with no debt and the benefit of a huge parachute payment go into administration?

The parachute payment isn't exactly 'huge' is it and it only lasts for one or two seasons doesn't it? I'm more referring to the spiral of players/staff leaving, lack of season ticket renewals and failure to get promotion again. I'm no economists, but I know that relegation isn't exactly economically sound!

The parachute payment isn't exactly 'huge' is it and it only lasts for one or two seasons doesn't it? I'm more referring to the spiral of players/staff leaving, lack of season ticket renewals and failure to get promotion again. I'm no economists, but I know that relegation isn't exactly economically sound!

Not sure if its correct but I heard a while back that finishing bottom of the premier league, including parachute payments is worth £50m.

If Ashley cuts the purse strings, sharpish.

If the reports are correct that he has simply repaid the debt rather than reassigned it to his company then I think you're wrong. Even reduced ST income + parachute - reduction of wages through getting rid of deadwood would see us clear of that kind of trouble.

Then we'd better have a manager who has got something like 3 teams promoted pretty quickly then - oh wait.

Not sure if its correct but I heard a while back that finishing bottom of the premier league, including parachute payments is worth £50m.

Fair enough, but I'm still not hoping Newcastle go down!

Then we'd better have a manager who has got something like 3 teams promoted pretty quickly then - oh wait.

Look, we tried Glenn Roeder. Just drop it.

Well, just got around to posting after getting back from watching that shower of shit. Every game I go to I come back and try and be upbeat or pull positives from a game. But I cant. That was fucking awful in the second half. We actually gave up. I checked the time when I realised our players had stopped being arsed and it was around 65 mins. There was so many things wrong with that performance I dont know where to start. It was embarrassing. The likes of Barton & Smith should hang their heads in fucking shame.

I still dont think we'll go down like.......... [/lunacy]

Fair enough, but I'm still not hoping Newcastle go down!

At several dark points over the last 15 years I have toyed with the wish to see relegation "sort out" some of our fans but my head knows it would be horrible.