The official Match thread: Newcastle United Vs ManUre

Jimbo

I honestly think a win against Blackburn would take a lot of the pressure off everyone and we'd be fine then.

At heart I'm an optimist and I agree - I just wish it had been Boro as time is running out.

Having said that I've been a bit heartened by looking at the mackems remaining games - I know they've picked up at home recently but they have some tough games left after Derby next week - I don't think they're as "safe" as they think.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I honestly think a win against Blackburn would take a lot of the pressure off everyone and we'd be fine then.

Surely this isn't a team we are expected to beat? I think everybodys running out of teams we are expected to beat.

How worse are those below us anyway?

Taylor is no better than a Championship player. In fact if he doesn't go in the Summer, then he should be loaned out to a Championship side next season. He was pathetic. Waving his hands around, trying to tell others where they should be. I mean who the fuck does he think he is?

Then doing a dance that led to the Ronaldo goal. Those who think he is worth the time are kidding themselves. He is no better than Bramble.

Our squad are pathetic, and not much better than Wigan's or Birmingham's. That is how shite we are.

Taylor is no better than a Championship player. In fact if he doesn't go in the Summer, then he should be loaned out to a Championship side next season. He was pathetic. Waving his hands around, trying to tell others where they should be. I mean who the fuck does he think he is?

Then doing a dance that led to the Ronaldo goal. Those who think he is worth the time are kidding themselves. He is no better than Bramble.

Our squad are pathetic, and not much better than Wigan's or Birmingham's. That is how shite we are.

Agreed - Taylor is awful and shows no positional awareness at all - the tackle(?) he made for the second ronaldo goal was nothing short of disgraceful and he should be viewed by all as a liability.

I still like faye - he was not as solid as i have seen him but he has good positional sense and wins loads in the air - best of a bad bunch and i thought he was having a blinder for much of the first h

At least we got Faye back though eh! Hel sort out our defence! Hes more of a clogger than fucking Bramble!

One good game doesnt make a good player.

But one display makes him shit? I'd still be picking him every match from now on like. As an aside I thought it was an encouraging display from Carroll. Hope he gets a few starts between now and the end of the season.

I love the smell of optimism in the morning.

Id still have Feye at the back, though Id prob have him as a CM at the moment as well. Wonder if we can clone him? He's not "that" good, its just there is so many there that shouldnt be at the moment. Ive never really given Taylor that much stick, be he was awful yesterday. Goes to ground far too often as well.

Agreed - Taylor is awful and shows no positional awareness at all - the tackle(?) he made for the second ronaldo goal was nothing short of disgraceful and he should be viewed by all as a liability.

I still like faye - he was not as solid as i have seen him but he has good positional sense and wins loads in the air - best of a bad bunch and i thought he was having a blinder for much of the first h

Couldnt agree more with this, Taylor has learnt nothing positionally and makes rash decisions which dont pay off. He is our new Bramble unfortunately.

Barton needs to be dropped. Gave the ball away several times, played passes too heavy, looks like a man waiting on a prison sentence.

How bad must Enrique be to not get a shot at LB? N'Zogbia needs to be put back into midfield, although where Im not sure as Duff was one of the better players yesterday.

I love the smell of optimism in the morning.

Optimism?..what the hell is that, it's been a while? :hiya:

At least we got Faye back though eh! Hel sort out our defence! Hes more of a clogger than fucking Bramble!

One good game doesnt make a good player.

Who needs him when we've got the best young centre half in the country eh?

Couldnt agree more with this, Taylor has learnt nothing positionally and makes rash decisions which dont pay off. He is our new Bramble unfortunately.

Barton needs to be dropped. Gave the ball away several times, played passes too heavy, looks like a man waiting on a prison sentence.

How bad must Enrique be to not get a shot at LB? N'Zogbia needs to be put back into midfield, although where Im not sure as Duff was one of the better players yesterday.

Do you want me to go the full dig?

Nicky Butt cannot pass a ball 5 yards. Watching yesterday it's like he purposefully gives the ball to the opposition. I don't care for his "hard" play. Milner cannot cross a ball, or if he has the ball he prefers to dance and wriggle with it...into 4 defenders, while a player is unmarked on the wing. Barton is shite, hope he does time. Smith is a pansy. What Scott Parker was to us last season in midfield, Alan Smith does for us now as a forward, except he can't score like Scott Parker. The team tried for 20 minutes, but once it settled down, we couldn't compete. God help us.

There's something deeply wrong with the players, they're the only constant the club's had along with shite performances and results since the dark days of Souness. I'm starting to wonder whether a wholesale change of playing staff might be the best idea to ditch the terrible decline.

Welcome to 2006.

As much as I hate to say it relegation is probably the only long term remedy for the malaise. We need a fresh start and barring a miracle we're going to keep churning out the same shite year after year.

That's really how I feel but I just cannot advocate the relegation of the club, that could be a seriously damaging thing to happen to us.

Believe you me, i'm not advocating it. It's the very last thing I want but i'm just stating it as how I see it.

I'll try to explain this as best as I fucking can now i'm sober - the only way it would be possible to implement these wholesale changes would be if we went down as that is the only way we'll get rid of most of the shite. Now, i'm not saying I want us to go down, far from it, but is there any other way we'd be able to make wholesale changes?

You turn things round by having a good manager in who buys good players. It's not rocket science. There are loads of clubs who've managed this without going down - Man City, Villa, us under Robson not too long ago. Going down generally makes things even worse. Especially for big clubs with big wage bills. Leeds and Sheff Wed spring to mind.

You turn things round by having a good manager in who buys good players. It's not rocket science. There are loads of clubs who've managed this without going down - Man City, Villa, us under Robson not too long ago. Going down generally makes things even worse. Especially for big clubs with big wage bills. Leeds and Sheff Wed spring to mind.

Comparitively, I can't think of an instance where a manager or chairman has said that "relegation was the best thing that could have happened to us".

We're in a position now where we've got so much dead wood and huge, fairly new contracts I can't see them moving on unless we go down, that's the point i'm trying to make.