Best save of all time?

smoggeordie

before I even clicked on it, I kne which one it'd be. Unbelievable reactions, strength agility and all from a man who's confidence was pretty low at the time and who was pretty much at the end of his career.

Two I remember were one by Shilton for Forest from Paul Goddard in 88 I think and one by Pav in 95/96 against Everton when we were down to ten men - sadly the way we ground out the 3 points that day completely convinced me that we were going to win the title and I got into one of the top 3 drunken states of my life and fell down the escalators at Central Station Metro unscathed apart from a sprained wrist - happy days.

Given pulled off a pretty awesome save a few years back, against sunderland iirc

The Chelsea one in 03/04 was better IMO.

Which on wazzat? Can vaguely remember it, but tbf the only thing that stands out from that game was the goal.

The way Shola turned and buried that was sublime.

Anyhow, was it against Gudjohnsen or something? I remember John Terry hitting the post right at the end or something...

Given's best save imo was that double one he pulled off against Spurs in the FA Cup QF (04/05).

Given pulled off a pretty awesome save a few years back, against sunderland iirc

One for the camera's that imo. Was against Sewpa Kev at the North End of the mechano set.

Best I seen at SJP was Peter Shilton for Derby about 16 or 17 years ago.

Dudek pulled of an amazing save in the CL final IIRC (although it was probably more luck than judgement).

Jim Montgomery's for the Mackems in '73 was fucking class too...

Given? A Save? Would have to have been years back. :hiya:

Quite a few of his here:

He might want to forget this one however.... (IIRC, this was very soon after we'd signed him and I remember thinking we'd got yet another keeper who showed promise until he pulled on our shirt - thank god he proved me wrong!)

best I can remember seeing was Shaka's against Liverpool a few years back, doubt I'll find it on youtube but I'll have a look now!

Aye, that was incredible if it's the one where he pushed it onto the post.

best I can remember seeing was Shaka's against Liverpool a few years back, doubt I'll find it on youtube but I'll have a look now!

Aye, that was incredible if it's the one where he pushed it onto the post.

better than banks tbh

that banks save was quality. 'that' bobby moore tackle is massively overrated though

Fuck off :hiya:

It was a superbly timed challenge against arguably the finest footballer this planet has ever seen (not my view I hasten to add) but still to tackle a player of Pele's ability with such precision and fairly was world class.

Bobby Moore was at his peak in 1970, despite the arrest which was without doubt a disgraceful attempt at sabbotage. Shame the rest of the England squad didn't follow suit because IMO, we were a stronger force than 4 years previous.

that banks save was quality. 'that' bobby moore tackle is massively overrated though

Fuck off :hiya:

It was a superbly timed challenge against arguably the finest footballer this planet has ever seen (not my view I hasten to add) but still to tackle a player of Pele's ability with such precision and fairly was world class.

Bobby Moore was at his peak in 1970, despite the arrest which was without doubt a disgraceful attempt at sabbotage. Shame the rest of the England squad didn't follow suit because IMO, we were a stronger force than 4 years previous.

Was Jairzinho the greatest player ever like Craig? :lol: