Anyone heard this?

sweetleftpeg

One of our mates reckons he's heard somewhere that the club are going to allow fans to pay to play at SJP during the summer. You just have to get at leat 22, get to use the facilities, £70 a man. We didn't hear this April Fools Day by the way, just wondered if anyone else had heard owt. Just seems a bit random to me.

One of our mates reckons he's heard somewhere that the club are going to allow fans to pay to play at SJP during the summer. You just have to get at leat 22, get to use the facilities, £70 a man. We didn't hear this April Fools Day by the way, just wondered if anyone else had heard owt. Just seems a bit random to me.

bad idea.

I'd be surprised if Keegan was happy with this

bad idea.

The pitches seem to be fine all the way through the season now mind. Those ultraviolet light they use are what makes the difference - i.e. getting growth all year round. I bet they cost a fortune to run.

Heard the adverts on metro this past week or so at work. So it sounds about right. Think it was 70 notes they said.

Ah, right. Nowt on the official site like which is why I thought it was bollocks. What else does the advert say?

bad idea.

If it affects the state of the pitch it is stupid, if there are plans to relay the pitch ahead of the season anyway I don't see a problem.

bad idea.

If it affects the state of the pitch it is stupid, if there are plans to relay the pitch ahead of the season anyway I don't see a problem.

that would be fair enough if they made a proper job of it

Perhaps :D

I still find it a bit sickening and tacky. It devalues the majesty of the ground.

You can tell Ashley is a business man though :nufc:

I still find it a bit sickening and tacky. It devalues the majesty of the ground.

The hallowed turf and all that.

I used to love it during test matches when you could go on during the lunch break and play yourselves, but that's all gone thanks to the Pakistan cricket fans due to their rioting in 2001. Wankers.

I used to love it during test matches when you could go on during the lunch break and play with yourselves, but that's all gone thanks to the Pakistan cricket fans due to their rioting in 2001. Wankers.

Perverted and racist. :razz::nufc:

I used to love it during test matches when you could go on during the lunch break and play with yourselves, but that's all gone thanks to the Pakistan cricket fans due to their rioting in 2001. Wankers.

Bit rich coming from you and your Muslim bashing.

You can't deflect from your own racism and rampant sexual deviancy with baseless assertions I'm afraid. Assalamu alaikum. :nufc:

You can't deflect from your own racism and rampant sexual deviancy with baseless assertions I'm afraid. Assalamu alaikum. :nufc:

It's not racism, it's stone cold fact. Up til the Pakistan team toured in 2001, you could go on the field of play during the breaks so long as you went nowhere near the square, and on the pitch for the post match presentation. Then they turned up and their fans ruined pretty much every one day game they played by running on the pitch before the game had finished en masse. Play had to be suspended in one game, and several stewards were injured IIRC. Since then, no going on the field ever, and legislation in place to bang you up if you did.

It's not racism, it's stone cold fact. Up til the Pakistan team toured in 2001, you could go on the field of play during the breaks so long as you went nowhere near the square, and on the pitch for the post match presentation. Then they turned up and their fans ruined pretty much every one day game they played by running on the pitch before the game had finished en masse. Play had to be suspended in one game, and several stewards were injured IIRC. Since then, no going on the field ever, and legislation in place to bang you up if you did.

:) (can you still really deny the bit dim thing?)

Was it not the 1999 World Cup Luke? I seem to remember some Pakistan fans charging through some of the least useful mesh fencing I have ever seen at one of the games I was at. Was literally just like charging through a paper banner! I agree totally by the way, was fantastic to go on the pitch. Always used to run on to get the ball after a boundary, not allowed to do that any more either!

you get 90 minutes on the pitch with proper officials and changing room usage.

Its £999.99 per team

and you can have a squad of upto 16

My mate mentioned that.

£70 to sit on the bench?

FUCK!

OFF!

Was it not the 1999 World Cup Luke? I seem to remember some Pakistan fans charging through some of the least useful mesh fencing I have ever seen at one of the games I was at. Was literally just like charging through a paper banner! I agree totally by the way, was fantastic to go on the pitch. Always used to run on to get the ball after a boundary, not allowed to do that any more either!

No, it was definitely 2001 when they banned people coming on the pitch. Just before we got raped in the Ashes (doesn't narrow it down, I know). The fact they did it in 1999 also is not surprising though.

Can still do it at county championship matches like.