There's a circus in town

Ketsbaia

Scouser in a blatent attempt to de-rail a thread about his club becoming a laughing stock.

The whole point behind supporting a team is that they are representing the city/town/area you come from.

I'm just glad we're now looking like a professionally run club especially when compared to the mugs that currently own Liverpool.

Scouser in a blatent attempt to de-rail a thread about his club becoming a laughing stock.

The whole point behind supporting a team is that they are representing the city/town/area you come from.

I'm just glad we're now looking like a professionally run club especially when compared to the yanks that currently own Liverpool.

FYP ;)

I'm just glad we're now looking like a professionally run club especially when compared to the yanks that currently own Liverpool.

FYP :aye:

;)

I'm just glad we're now looking like a professionally run club especially when compared to the mugs that currently own Liverpool.

;):aye::icon_lol:

I would love Liverpool to go to shit.

I can stand some of the bullshit or the special ITV ''Classic Anfield European night'' where they place a Celtic song over the PA system and then they are quiet till they score. My mate supports them and he was born and bred in Yorkshire, he's never been to a game and has literally no claim to support them. Despite this he's a decent lad.

You`re sooooooooooo narrow-minded it`s scary. Have you ever left your own backyard?...............it`s 2008 you know! :aye:

explain?

guess it's all done to the argument that you shouldn't be able to just choose a team to support really, it should be in the blood.

Which is idiotic. You can choose what tv you watch and what you buy in a shop regardless of where they come from..................so why not choose your team? Football went global a long time ago and will continue to go that way and will leave hillbillies behind. It`s a funny thing that such narrow-minded people think it`s not ok to support a club that is not "local".................................yet the same clowns love to dign "foreign" stars and play in Europe.

Without our legions of foreign supporters we`d be a small time backwater club like Everton, who, would never want "out of towners" at their games but still think their a big club ;)

Are you trying to tell me you've never been to a game?

How in heavens name did you come to that conclusion from my post?....can you read?.. Kind of ironic that you chose Frank Spenser as your avatar.

I go to about 15 games a season.

Torres do ya na wtf your talking about?

Liverpool are a club that have clearly pressed the self destruct button and are not heading the right way, fair enough it may not have had an effect on the performances, but look at whats happening behind the scenes.

Is that what a "big club" should be doing?

There`s often been "turmoil" behind the scenes at Real, Barca, Manuscum, Milan, Juve and other big clubs and we are no exception to that. I think it will be good for us as only the stronger will win this squabble and I hope it`s Hicks as he has more ambition and grit than the others. I soooo hope we bring old big ears (Nickname for the European cup) back home in the middle of this. How many clubs could have had this hassle and ended up in the CL Semis for the third time in four years?.........................not many! We`ll prevail because of our brand and worldwide support regardless of how this pans out.

I would love Liverpool to go to shit.

I can stand some of the bullshit or the special ITV ''Classic Anfield European night'' where they place a Celtic song over the PA system and then they are quiet till they score. My mate supports them and he was born and bred in Yorkshire, he's never been to a game and has literally no claim to support them. Despite this he's a decent lad.

You`re sooooooooooo narrow-minded it`s scary. Have you ever left your own backyard?...............it`s 2008 you know! :icon_lol:

explain?

guess it's all done to the argument that you shouldn't be able to just choose a team to support really, it should be in the blood.

Which is idiotic. You can choose what tv you watch and what you buy in a shop regardless of where they come from..................so why not choose your team? Football went global a long time ago and will continue to go that way and will leave hillbillies behind. It`s a funny thing that such narrow-minded people think it`s not ok to support a club that is not "local".................................yet the same clowns love to dign "foreign" stars and play in Europe.

Without our legions of foreign supporters we`d be a small time backwater club like Everton, who, would never want "out of towners" at their games but still think their a big club :P

Just you wait until Stevie gets here :blink:

Personally, I think supporting a club miles away from where you live is a cop out. You have no idea of the support, the history or the relevance this club has the the local people.

I probably wouldn't mind as much if you saw people born in bred in Manchester strolling around in Blyth Spartans gear but you don't. 99.9999999% of the time clubs are chosen by people at the other end of the country purely for success.

ahem :icon_lol:

Edited by Andrew

If anyone is stupid enough to support us through their own free will then i've no qualms about it no matter where they're from :blink:

funnily enough I know loads of newcastle fans from burnley

I've never quite understood why either

My take is, I don't give a shit who anyone supports as long as they stick with their decision, good or bad.

My connection to the club is tenuous to some....I was born 60 miles from Newcastle and spent most of my life 500 miles away, even though I've supported them since I was a kid (pre Keegan as a player). I did feel like I should go and live in the area though and see what it was about. I went to a dozen or so home games (I'm not made of money ffs!), got married in the area and fell in love with the city.

I'll never be a Geordie but half my family is from there and I'll never support anyone else.

At the end of the day I met two types of fans up there. Soopadoopafans who need to see some ID before they'll talk to you, and sound as a pound people with a sense of humour who accept a genuine fan even if his (or her) accent doesn't fit.

Being a Newcastle fan breeds a certain outlook on life and it's one I totally understand. To be optimistic even when you have no right to be, refusal to give up, to be yourself whoever that may be, to take your chances and to never sink to the depths of your opponent. If you want to play the Geordie card that's your choice, but luckily most fans aren't like that.

:blink:

My take is, I don't give a shit who anyone supports as long as they stick with their decision, good or bad.

My connection to the club is tenuous to some....I was born 60 miles from Newcastle and spent most of my life 500 miles away, even though I've supported them since I was a kid (pre Keegan as a player). I did feel like I should go and live in the area though and see what it was about. I went to a dozen or so home games (I'm not made of money ffs!), got married in the area and fell in love with the city.

I'll never be a Geordie but half my family is from there and I'll never support anyone else.

At the end of the day I met two types of fans up there. Soopadoopafans who need to see some ID before they'll talk to you, and sound as a pound people with a sense of humour who accept a genuine fan even if his (or her) accent doesn't fit.

Being a Newcastle fan breeds a certain outlook on life and it's one I totally understand. To be optimistic even when you have no right to be, refusal to give up, to be yourself whoever that may be, to take your chances and to never sink to the depths of your opponent. If you want to play the Geordie card that's your choice, but luckily most fans aren't like that.

:P

Inspirational :blink:

:P

Good post.

You soft southern bastid. :blink:

:icon_lol:

Good post.

You soft southern bastid. :blink:

Ta, ya geet teutonic mincer! :P

I couldn't stand seeing the Mickey Mousers winning the CL again so soon like. They'd be (even more) unbearable than they are now. Hope Chelsea win then lose the final to Barca.

I saw TV programme about some German bloke who supports Nottingham Forest and comes over from Munich for every game.

Now that's mental.

He (Ebby) has been doing it for several decades now (not from Munich but from Duisburg in the western part of Germany). IIRC he married an English woman a couple of years ago.

I saw TV programme about some German bloke who supports Nottingham Forest and comes over from Munich for every game.

Now that's mental.

He (Ebby) has been doing it for several decades now (not from Munich but from Duisburg in the western part of Germany). IIRC he married an English woman a couple of years ago.

Does he know a Herr Lipp by any chance?

Now that's mental.

Fair play to him. Still mental though.