Toon want Thierry

Jimbo

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think he's very happy with his current role at Barcelona but I think, if he's got any sense, he'll only leave if he is deemed surplus to requirements because even if you're as good as Henry is (and has been in the past) you tend to get very few opportunities (if any) to play for a club as big as Barcelona. With that comes the opportunity to win things like the Champions League, which again is something that rarely happens. I think he might be considered for sale by them though, come the summer. Another big 'if' of course is to whether he would want to come here.

Keegans even got the southern journo's excited.

Am I right in thinking there's a North East edition which prioritises stories differently? Or was this on the back page nationally?

I think they do prioritise stuff regionally for definite, although that isn't to say this isn't the back page nationally on this occasion. It was reported on 5live this morning.

Keegan really is a fairy godmother. Signing a player who is well past his best for a crazy free and paying him daft wages and yet everybody thinks it`s ok........................brilliant!

Could be worse, we could be linked with signing such fantastic freebies as Philipp Degen...

You don't rate him then?

My usual feeling on these kinda links is that a player like Henry, despite the season he has had, could still get a game at another team playing in the CL. Assuming that is his greatest desire (as seems to be most players). The only thing that would tempt him otherwise you would think, is money. We would have to pay over the odds to a player (him or otherwise) who could get a game for someone in the CL. We wont attract this kind of player on love alone, not until we can climb the table and get back into Europe.

Keegan really is a fairy godmother. Signing a player who is well past his best for a crazy free and paying him daft wages and yet everybody thinks it`s ok........................brilliant!

You'd think Liverpool fans would know that they shouldn't believe everything that is written in The Sun.

Zing! :D

Minutes silence anyone?

You'd think Liverpool fans would know that they shouldn't believe everything that is written in The Sun.

Zing! :D

Minutes silence anyone?

They would be there in a shot...

Tributes left for a dead chicken

Flowers and tributes were left in an alleyway where the body of a mystery dead baby was found - before police realised it was only a chicken foetus.

A member of the public discovered the remains in a back alley in the Anfield area of Liverpool.

Police cordoned off the scene but soon realised that it was not a human but a chicken foetus.

Well-wishers had laid more than a dozen bunches of flowers at the scene, along with cards and teddy bears.

Local gossip

One of the cards read: "RIP Little Baby. Safe in the arms of Jesus. From someone who is a loving mother xxxx."

Merseyside Police told the community on Monday to "stop grieving, it's only a chicken".

:blush:

Seem to remember a certain team from Merseyside doing something similar (admittedly not for the same sort of fee) for Gary McAllister and he proved to be a brilliant signing...

Karl-Heinz Riedle was no spring chicken when he played for you lot neither...

You must pay a fortune in greenhouse replacement :D

Seem to remember a certain team from Merseyside doing something similar (admittedly not for the same sort of fee) for Gary McAllister and he proved to be a brilliant signing...

Neither of them cost anywhere near what Henry would so the comparison is more damaging to the world than anything I`ve emitted lately.

Neither of them cost anywhere near what Henry would so the comparison is more damaging to the world than anything I`ve emitted lately.

Are you fucking serious? :blush::rolleyes::nufc:

Are you fucking serious? :blush::rolleyes::nufc:

Can you provide any evidence to the contrary?.......................thought not.

Emitted is an appropriate choice of words like.

Given what goes on here, I thought so too. Thanks.

Have a little think about whether or not that even makes sense in the context before you get all self-congratulatory.

Emitted is an appropriate choice of words like.

Given what goes on here, I thought so too. Thanks.

Have a little think about whether or not that even makes sense in the context before you get all self-congratulatory.

In the context, it makes a lot of sense.

why are there always a couple of liverpool fans hanging around on here lately?

Craig runs this site, why shouldn't he post on here?

:D

You know it's dickheads like you that make the proper scousers... you know the ones who come from Liverpool and actually fund the club in a meaningful way... cringe like hell. They're doing their level best to disband with the tag of being complete twats but how can they when the likes of you are still around?

Can you not seem to get a bite over at YKWA or RAWK?? :blush: