Sven's deein' one

Ketsbaia

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Dig up one quote where someone said he'd win the league btw.

Dig up one quote where someone said he'd not win the league. ;)

Highest PL finish and points total for Man City iirc.

Keegan and Keegan/Pearce finished as high and higher didn't they? Although with less points (assuming the stay where they are).

I'd say that Sven was in a better overall position to do so than those times though.

Svennis is a very good manager with an excellent CV.

They want to tie him to a 5yr deal.

That only happens when he's shagging the bosses secretary. ;) (is he btw? :razz: )

Sven-Goran Eriksson has been told he will be sacked as Manchester City manager at the end of the season, BBC Sport understands.

City owner Thaksin Shinawatra told Eriksson he was "not the right man for the job" at a meeting on Sunday, a source close to the Swede said.

Eriksson informed the players at training on Monday that he would be dismissed, provoking an angry response.

Shinawatra has been unhappy with City's results since the turn of the year.

Keegan and Keegan/Pearce finished as high and higher didn't they? Although with less points (assuming the stay where they are).

I'd say that Sven was in a better overall position to do so than those times though.

I think you said he wouldn't win the league. I am win.

The 2nd one is a 'no' I think. He did have better resources, yes, but he's done better too.

I think you said he wouldn't win the league. I am win.

Bah defeated by myself. :razz:

The 2nd one is a 'no' I think. He did have better resources, yes, but he's done better too.

I thought it was 9th for Keegan first season up then 8th when he left in March-ish and Pearce took over.

Still a silly decision to sack him though. Keegan with Sven's (general) luck would have ruled the world though.

I had a look and they came 8th with less points about 3 or 4 seasons ago. They've got two away games left though so they probably won't get much higher. Can I just ask where you think he's been lucky in his career though as I honestly think it's a bit harsh to say the least. I don't really believe in luck in sport though, overall anyway.

I had a look and they came 8th with less points about 3 or 4 seasons ago. They've got two away games left though so they probably won't get much higher. Can I just ask where you think he's been lucky in his career though as I honestly think it's a bit harsh to say the least. I don't really believe in luck in sport though, overall anyway.

I don't think he's lucky in the context that he is a feckless muppet that doesn't have a clue that somehow manages to fluke things in a sustained way.

I think he's lucky in that where things are tight (and he has no real influence over the situation) things tend to go his way, which is a great quality to have in a manager, just not necessarily a quality of a great manager.

Would like Sven as DOF.

Aye, that would be canny in theory. So long as he didn't interfere with KK's job.

Doubt he'd want a backroom job though tbf, still obviously has a point to prove in England.

Last season Citeh finished 14th, on 42 points. With two games left, they are 9th, with 55 points, which is only four points away from 6th. What the hell did the chairman expect? Fucking prick.

I don't think he's lucky in the context that he is a feckless muppet that doesn't have a clue that somehow manages to fluke things in a sustained way.

I think he's lucky in that where things are tight (and he has no real influence over the situation) things tend to go his way, which is a great quality to have in a manager, just not necessarily a quality of a great manager.

Very harsh.

For example? I can think of Lazio winning the league on the last day that time when Juve's match was virtually rained off. You can't be lucky all your career though, yet he's done a good job at every club he's been at. He did well as England manager too imo. Relatively-speaking he certainly did and I think you can only be judged against your peers if you're making fair comparisons.

I thnk its a bit of a rewrite to suit the press agenda that Allardyce was sacked because of the fans - I'd like to think it was down to Ashley (a decision I agreed with).

I do think there were some rumblings from some City fans but I assume most were happy(ish) - I hope whoever they get fails.

Also if we had hung on to Sam until the end of the season we could now have had Sven ;)

Of course it was a history rewrite. It's funny with the recent Avram Grant thing too. When you initially had Chelsea 'fans' singing "you don't know what you're doing" the press didn't pick up on it (much). Now, they've decided to get their teeth into him it gets more publicity. Unfotunately though, despite the general consensus on here, I think most people lap up what they print.

You have a short memory. Coming homw from Wigan away on Boxing Day i dont think there was a single fan on my bus who didnt want FS sacked there and then. I honestly think we would have been relegated by now if FS had stayed and im more than happy for the press to claim the fans got him sacked. Its nothing less than he deserved!

I thnk its a bit of a rewrite to suit the press agenda that Allardyce was sacked because of the fans - I'd like to think it was down to Ashley (a decision I agreed with).

I do think there were some rumblings from some City fans but I assume most were happy(ish) - I hope whoever they get fails.

Also if we had hung on to Sam until the end of the season we could now have had Sven ;)

Of course it was a history rewrite. It's funny with the recent Avram Grant thing too. When you initially had Chelsea 'fans' singing "you don't know what you're doing" the press didn't pick up on it (much). Now, they've decided to get their teeth into him it gets more publicity. Unfotunately though, despite the general consensus on here, I think most people lap up what they print.

You have a short memory. Coming homw from Wigan away on Boxing Day i dont think there was a single fan on my bus who didnt want FS sacked there and then. I honestly think we would have been relegated by now if FS had stayed and im more than happy for the press to claim the fans got him sacked. Its nothing less than he deserved!

Very harsh.

Other managers would get raped in the press for the same decisions (or sometimes lack of) he has made at times, especially in the England job, "tactical nativity" might even have been used. ;)

I don't think he's rubbish, but I do think he generally gets the rub of the green when he needs it.

I don't think the majority of fans ever wanted him sacked at any stage. I'm pleased things have worked out as they did but that's a different thing altogether.

Very harsh.

Other managers would get raped in the press for the same decisions (or sometimes lack of) he has made at times, especially in the England job, "tactical nativity" might even have been used. :razz:

I don't think he's rubbish, but I do think he generally gets the rub of the green when he needs it.

The tempo and movement at Man City for the first half of the season was awesome. The mid-season inj to Elano is when they started losing it, apart from the fact that the squad has quality but little depth and imo needs another transfer window to be where Sven would like.

The Bojinow inj hasn't helped either, bit 'unlucky' if you llike... ;)

Edited by Park Life

For example? I can think of Lazio winning the league on the last day that time when Juve's match was virtually rained off. You can't be lucky all your career though, yet he's done a good job at every club he's been at. He did well as England manager too imo. Relatively-speaking he certainly did and I think you can only be judged against your peers if you're making fair comparisons.

I think he's a good manager, but not a great one (which again goes back the start of the season nonsense). Again someone with a different reputation doing the same things he did in the England job would have got all sorts of things said about them (probably rightfully), and again many times there he got the rub of the green to take pressure off when he needed it.

He's got a lot of qualities as a manager, but without his general luck, he'd never have been as successful, or as perceived as such.

I think he's a good manager, but not a great one (which again goes back the start of the season nonsense). Again someone with a different reputation doing the same things he did in the England job would have got all sorts of things said about them (probably rightfully), and again many times there he got the rub of the green to take pressure off when he needed it.

He's got a lot of qualities as a manager, but without his general luck, he'd never have been as successful, or as perceived as such.

No examples then?

Good generals are lucky generals as a general rule. ;)

Very harsh.

Other managers would get raped in the press for the same decisions (or sometimes lack of) he has made at times, especially in the England job, "tactical nativity" might even have been used. :razz:

The tempo and movement at Man City for the first half of the season was awesome. The mid-season inj to Elano is when they started losing it, apart from the fact that the squad has quality but little depth and imo needs another transfer window to be where Sven would like.

The Bojinow inj hasn't helped either, bit 'unlucky' if you llike... ;)

That is football though, we've been through it often enough. In fact mostly much worse than that.

Although again there's nothing to disagree with, just maybe the bad luck now is karmically balancing the other good luck. :D

I think he was quite unlucky as England manager. Every tournement we had under him was blighted by injuries - Beckham in 2002, Rooney in 2004, Rooney and Owen in 2006. I think Gerrard missed the 2002 World Cup as well. I think we could certainly have gone on to win Euro 2004 had we beaten Portugal, which we very nearly did without Rooney anyway.