summer signings...

nobby_solano

Hasn't Harper had a canny season at Reading?

Mebeez take Downing off Boro?

If Man City go tits up I wouldn't say no to Petrov or Elano.

we'd need to get him a shirt that fits though

jamesharper2.jpg

Edited by Andrew

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

absolutely no chance of getting the likes of barry and downing. they're local favourites with the fans and would probably only walk if one of the big clubs came knocking. we're not going to attract the best ambitious young english players anymore.

....i do think we could get bullard though as we're an obvious step up from fulham. plus i think he would be an improvement on the likes of smith, barton and geremi in midfield.

....we're crying out for a playmaker really though aren't we? someone in the elano mould. a relative unknown from abroad would probably be our best bet.

and a couple of wingers. swp or lennon might fancy it now they're not first choice at their clubs. i can't see bentley moving to us though. he's going to want a big move, not a sideways or step (which sadly we are at present)

Guest alex
....we're crying out for a playmaker really though aren't we? someone in the elano mould. a relative unknown from abroad would probably be our best bet.

and a couple of wingers. swp or lennon might fancy it now they're not first choice at their clubs. i can't see bentley moving to us though. he's going to want a big move, not a sideways or step (which sadly we are at present)

Do you see us playing with a 'playmaker' and 2 wingers though? Assuming the likes of Owen, Martins and Viduka will be involved next season and even if they're not.

Only players worth pursuing from Reading anymore are Kitson, Harper, Bikey and Matejovsky.

Kitson is a down to earth guy, great presence in the air and really committed. Used to be a CB so his tackling and tracking back is superb. Still really rate him, just wasted at Reading with the 'let's not cross it' system they employ.

Harper has one of the best engines in the league. Never stops running, and he can come up with some good passes as well. Could potentially do a job, but he's not the creative player needed to play alongside Butt or Barton in a 4-4-2.

Bikey is a cracking player when he's at CB. Absolute beast of a man.

Matejovsky could do well in a better team. Very creative, and one hell of a shot on him as well. Well worth a look.

All of this we need a playmaker talk is utter garbage iyam.

Arshavin

Dunne

SWP

a young DMC to shadow/replace Butt

Gomis/A mobile target man

an experienced, inexpensive left LB

a young RB to shadow Beye

I be pretty pleased with that, i don't think the Lb/Rb positions are desperate for players and could wait 'til jan or even another season but the first 5 would be good

Edited by Andrew

Are some of you serious about signing Crouch?

The lad is no better than shola.

Id sound out beckham tbh - though i realise theres his lass might have oher ideas.

Are some of you serious about signing Crouch?

The lad is no better than shola.

Id sound out beckham tbh - though i realise theres his lass might have oher ideas.

:)

I don't know about specific players but Keegan will/should be looking for a proven centreback with experience and preferably a leader. A left back to cover/challenge Enrique, probably a younger RB to cover Beye. A creative, skillfull player in the middle, maybe another winger and a striker.

Also depending on who he shifts out they really need replacing as well imo as our squad isnt that big really. And we need to do what Bobby once did and take advantage of the fact we aren't in europe with loads of extra midweek fixtures but our rivals for 5th/6th will be.

Realistically:

Pennant

Crouch

Dunne

Mcfadden

Huddlestone

SWP

Bullard

Riise

Chimbonda

and some shit hot creative midfielder

Please buy Riise and Pennant, Pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

short memories some shell suits have like . id never count out a swansong from a player like riise .

riise

dunne

ashton

swp

bullard

mcgeady

cuellar

and hang me out to dry if you want , but i think we need to break the bank on a creative midfielder , shouldnt be a trophy signing if he's good aswell !

we really havent a guy to pick out those passes for us .

short memories some shell suits have like . id never count out a swansong from a player like riise .

riise

dunne

ashton

swp

bullard

mcgeady

cuellar

and hang me out to dry if you want , but i think we need to break the bank on a creative midfielder , shouldnt be a trophy signing if he's good aswell !

I wouldn't for mcgeady based purely on the price that was being knocked around for him

riise

dunne

ashton

swp

bullard

mcgeady

cuellar

I would, he's fucking hopeless.

Riise is absolute shit but would fill our "top 4 reject" quota. Can we fill that with SWP instead please? If not I would think about Crouch.

No more top 4 rejects please, for reasons I have outlined before....

Riise is absolute shit but would fill our "top 4 reject" quota. Can we fill that with SWP instead please? If not I would think about Crouch.

so we should just not take anyone who isn't top 4 starting line up quality? that's basically all a top 4 reject is except they were considered good enough at some stage

so we should just not take anyone who isn't top 4 starting line up quality? that's basically all a top 4 reject is except they were considered good enough at some stage

No, because the main reason you would leave a top four side is if you don't have the hunger and drive to get back into said top four side and are looking for a big payday for a lot less effort elsewhere. A role we have only been too happy to fill recently.