Safest hands in football...............

Torres

Reina again top 'keeper

Liverpool's Spanish goalkeeper Jose Reina has claimed the Premier League's golden gloves award for the third season in succession ahead of today's final game of the season at Tottenham.

Reina has kept more clean sheets than any other goalkeeper in the top flight, and is assured of the title this season with closest rival David James out injured in Portsmouth's final game of the campaign.

But Reina is more concerned with Liverpool's overall progress following a campaign that has seen them trophyless for the second season on the trot, while already being assured of fourth spot in the table and Champions League qualification for next term.

"We are growing up as a team, year in and year out," Reina said. "We need to keep improving all the time because if you do that it gives you an even better chance of winning trophies. But we also need to bring in some more good players like Fernando Torres and Javier Mascherano.

"The most important thing is to keep on making progress so that we can get closer and closer to the sides at the top.

"But for me the job is now done. We have managed to secure fourth place and from a personal point of view I am happy to get the golden gloves.''

They've always been very solid defensively have Liverpool, and now with Torres they are looking a more complete team going the other way as well. One thing thought that is going to have to be improved is their God awful record against the main 3, that is shocking for a team wanting to challenge for the league.

They've always been very solid defensively have Liverpool, and now with Torres they are looking a more complete team going the other way as well. One thing thought that is going to have to be improved is their God awful record against the main 3, that is shocking for a team wanting to challenge for the league.

True, though I`m confident we can change that soon....................we simply have to.

True, though I`m confident we can change that soon....................we simply have to.

Well of course, it's your divine right isn't it?

I'm sure that will be great comfort to them when they realise the negative approach they took pre-xmas cost them any chance of a title challenge.

to be fair he's a great 'keeper, but I'd say clean sheets were a better impression of the overall defence than a keeper's alone. You could have stuck Hooper behind the Adam's Arsenal defence and he'd have kept more than his fair share of clean sheets.

goals conceded to shots received would, imo, be a better gauge

to be fair he's a great 'keeper, but I'd say clean sheets were a better impression of the overall defence than a keeper's alone. You could have stuck Hooper behind the Adam's Arsenal defence and he'd have kept more than his fair share of clean sheets.

Selected number of saves made for every goal conceded

Van Der Saar - 4.28

Cech - 3.52

James - 3.44

Hart - 3.05

Harper - 2.68

Friedal - 2.58

Taylor - 2.44

Reina - 2.36

Hahnemann - 2.26

Van Der Saar - 4.28

Cech - 3.52

James - 3.44

Hart - 3.05

Harper - 2.68

Friedal - 2.58

Taylor - 2.44

Reina - 2.36

Hahnemann - 2.26

Oh dear. :icon_lol:

Normally have 9 behind the ball don't they?

No.

Yes the fucking do. As soon as they lose the ball all except Torres get ball side. Even in the last 5 min against Chelsea Babel came back to defend a corner for ffs!! :icon_lol:

Van Der Saar - 4.28

Cech - 3.52

James - 3.44

Hart - 3.05

Harper - 2.68

Friedal - 2.58

Taylor - 2.44

Reina - 2.36

Hahnemann - 2.26

Oh dear. :icon_lol:

One more...

Given - 1.46

:D

Van Der Saar - 4.28

Cech - 3.52

James - 3.44

Hart - 3.05

Harper - 2.68

Friedal - 2.58

Taylor - 2.44

Reina - 2.36

Hahnemann - 2.26

3 english keepers in the top 5 and not a robinson or carson in sight