Other Clubs Transfers Thread

Scottish Mag

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sidwell Deal

Villa have agreed to sign Chelsea's former England Under-21 midfielder Steve Sidwell, subject to a medical.

The deal should be concluded within the next 24 hours.

Shock horror, Sunderland sign an Irishman

Sunderland have completed the surprise signing of Republic of Ireland goalkeeper Nick Colgan.

The 34-year-old has penned a one-year deal at the Stadium of Light after leaving Ipswich at the end of last season.

Colgan recently had a trial at Bradford, but failed to win a deal at Valley Parade.

However, Keane has decided to offer the former Chelsea man the chance to play in the Premier League and he will provide cover for No.1 Craig Gordon.

"It's a huge challenge which I'm really looking forward to," Colgan told the club's official website.

"I got the call from the gaffer and he gave me 24 hours to think about it, but I think it took me about 24 seconds to decide!

Sunderland make another signing, and guess what !!!!

He's Irish !!

Sunderland snap up Irish teenager

Sunderland

Sunderland have signed Cork City midfielder David Meyler on a three-year-deal for an undisclosed fee.

The 19-year-old hopes to follow in the footsteps of fellow Irishmen Daryl Murphy and Roy O'Donovan in establishing himself in the first team.

"I'm here to succeed, I'm not here to fail," said Meyler, who is a friend of new team-mate Liam Miller.

"My ambition is to break into the first team as soon as I can. I want to do it here, and hopefully I can."

Manager Roy Keane played a big part in Meyler's decision, and the Cork-born teenager is keen to return the favour to his new mentor.

"Keane is a legend where I come from, everyone grew up watching him play and that included me," he said.

"He's given me a great opportunity here with Sunderland and obviously I'll hopefully repay him."