Barton jailed for 6 months

Holden McGroin

six months =/

gutted to be honest, not having a pre-season fucked him up last year =/ let's hope KK gives some one touch drills to the five-a-side team in there

Fuck right off... Our player or not, he deserves to go down for what he did - just hope it actually changes his mentality off the football pitch.

As for us not having the summer without him well the club had the chance to ditch him when he was arrested - surely bringing the club into disrepute but we chose to stand by him.... Makers of our own desitny tbh.

Writing off a £6m player would have been madness though.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

adebisi128.jpg

"Hey Joey, you want some tits man?"

Brilliant. Just watching the box sets at the minute.

Reckon we have a clause in his contract about not getting paid if he goes to prison?

It's like a holiday camp. X-boxes, telly in your room, 3 square meals a day, no stress. Most prisoners don't even want to break out. He'll be looking forward to doing the full 6 months.

:)

At the risk of opening a big can of worms, I was talking to a guy at the weekend (I was on a Stag Do with some guys I didn't know) who'd done 4months and he gave me the impression it wasn't all plain sailing.

I'll agree that it sounds a bit hotel-like; but some of the things he was telling me didn't make it sound like a picnic either.

I don't want to get into a debate about how good/bad prison is; just thought I say that from talking to someone who'd been in; I wouldn't fancy it.

It's like a holiday camp. X-boxes, telly in your room, 3 square meals a day, no stress. Most prisoners don't even want to break out. He'll be looking forward to doing the full 6 months.

:)

At the risk of opening a big can of worms, I was talking to a guy at the weekend (I was on a Stag Do with some guys I didn't know) who'd done 4months and he gave me the impression it wasn't all plain sailing.

I'll agree that it sounds a bit hotel-like; but some of the things he was telling me didn't make it sound like a picnic either.

I don't want to get into a debate about how good/bad prison is; just thought I say that from talking to someone who'd been in; I wouldn't fancy it.

I was doing an impression of the Express.

I'm sure I'd find it a total nightmare...as would most people who claim it's a cake walk.

That's not to say it's as gruelling as it should be necessarily.

Joey Barton - Club Statement

NEWCASTLE United notes the sentence passed to Joey Barton at Liverpool Crown Court today.

The Club is considering the verdict and will be making no further comment at this moment.

six months =/

gutted to be honest, not having a pre-season fucked him up last year =/ let's hope KK gives some one touch drills to the five-a-side team in there

Fuck right off... Our player or not, he deserves to go down for what he did - just hope it actually changes his mentality off the football pitch.

As for us not having the summer without him well the club had the chance to ditch him when he was arrested - surely bringing the club into disrepute but we chose to stand by him.... Makers of our own desitny tbh.

not gutted for the people he beat up, but for the football cub, really thought if he got a good pre-season under him this summer he could really push on, i don't reckon we have seen even 80% of the player he could be, was for a season at ciy. nevermind

I wouldn't fancy it either but to be honest I'm of the opinion that prisons should be dank, stone built cells with a straw mattress and bucket as the only furniture... and breaking rocks for exercise :)

six months =/

Writing off a £6m player would have been madness though.

I'm not say it isn't and I wasn't suggesting we should have done. What I'm implying is that the club and the supporters knew the situation and that a custodial sentence was likely.

Joey Barton - Club Statement

NEWCASTLE United notes the sentence passed to Joey Barton at Liverpool Crown Court today.

The Club is considering the verdict and will be making no further comment at this moment.

That sounds pretty ominous to me...

Assault Thug Joey Barton Jailed

Updated:13:56, Tuesday May 20, 2008

Premiership footballer Joey Barton has been jailed for six months after admitting assault and affray in what a judge described as a "violent and cowardly act".

Joey Barton outside court

The 25-year-old was arrested in Liverpool city centre in the early hours of December 27 after becoming involved in a confrontation outside a McDonald's restaurant.

Sky's North of England correspondent Mike McCarthy said Barton admitted drinking 10 pints of lager and five more bottles before assaulting a man and a teenager.

He said: "Barton punched the man and knocked him to the floor. He then straddled him and repeatedly punched him in the face."

Minutes later, the player attacked a 16-year-old.

"He punched him so hard that he dislodged a number of teeth, and the victim had to have dental treatment," McCarthy said.

Barton's cousin, Nadine Wilson, 27, and his brother Andrew Barton, 20, also pleaded guilty to their part in the assaults.

The incident took place as the player was awaiting trial for two other offences: alleged criminal damage of a taxi and the alleged assault of former Manchester City teammate Ousmane Dabo, 31, who now plays for Lazio.

The hearing heard that the footballer was remorseful about the incident and had admitted to a drink problem.

Judge Globe told him: "Without doubt, the most serious of the three offenders is you.

"You were restrained by others but ignored them and acted in an extremely violent and aggressive manner. It also happened at a time when you were on bail for two other matters."

The judge jailed Barton for six months for assault occasioning actual bodily harm and four months, concurrently, for affray.

As he was taken down, Barton kissed Wilson on the cheek and shook his brother's hand. He then stopped to hand over pieces of jewellery to a man in the public gallery.

Guest alex

You don't know what happened in the lead up to it though. It's still not right, obviously but some people are asking for a chinning. Barton shouldn't even have put himself in that situation, especially given other things that were going on - the Dabo case, his supposed injury etc. I'm not even surprised though. He was fucked as soon as it emerged it was all caught on CCTV. Especially as he was already on bail.

The amount of interviews he's done when he says his problems come from booze(although he's not teetotal), and surrounding himself with the wrong people look incredibly stupid when he goes on like that.

I understand he's probably subject to abuse when he's out and about, but straddling a lad and beating the shit out of him if fucked up.

10 pints, 5 bottles and a McDonalds is hardly the ideal diet for a footballer either.

As much as I've thought he was scum from well before we signed him I do hope that he can do his time, put this behind him (until his next case) and start to show a bit of form as he was doing towards the end of the season.

You don't know what happened in the lead up to it though. It's still not right, obviously but some people are asking for a chinning. Barton shouldn't even have put himself in that situation, especially given other things that were going on - the Dabo case, his supposed injury etc. I'm not even surprised though. He was fucked as soon as it emerged it was all caught on CCTV. Especially as he was already on bail.

Agreed. I'm sure nearly everyone on here will have done things they have regretted while drunk, we don't know the situation all we know is Barton's role in it. I just hope he does his time sensibly and can get back to playing for us asap.

Regardless of what happened in the lead up to the fight, he shouldn't have put himself in the situation to begin with.

10 pints and 6 bottles followed by a McDonalds? Get a grip man.

Apparantly it was said in court that he had drank 10 pints of lager and 6 bottles.

That doesn't want to make me fight, I'll either dance, want to play drums or guitar or go to kip :)

Apparantly it was said in court that he had drank 10 pints of lager and 6 bottles.

That doesn't want to make me fight, I'll either dance, want to play drums or guitar or go to kip :)

possibly not power mad but definitely mad in some way :)

you see it all the time though, people get drunk and have fights

possibly not power mad but definitely mad in some way :)

you see it all the time though, people get drunk and have fights

You know what I meant :angry:

Regardless of what happened in the lead up to the fight, he shouldn't have put himself in the situation to begin with.

10 pints and 6 bottles followed by a McDonalds? Get a grip man.

The time when the incident happened is also to note. That's what pissed me of right from the start. Leaving the assault aside this is an awful indication of his professionalism. Especially as it was at a time when we had loads of games and he just had a dispute with Fat Sam because of his state of fitness. As a normal employee he would face sacking just because of this alone.

Edit: My typing is as if I had ten pints of lager, too.

Edited by Isegrim