seems quite a few rovers fans fancy big al as their new manager

Dr Gloom

anyone reckon he'd accept the job if offered? not a bad club to learn his trade tbf and we opted for keegan when he made it obvious he would have replaced allardyce so fair play to him if he fancies it.

anyone reckon he'd accept the job if offered? not a bad club to learn his trade tbf and we opted for keegan when he made it obvious he would have replaced allardyce so fair play to him if he fancies it.

In so far as he needs another job before he comes here. Yes.

(Note)**Don't bore me with anecdotes about how the tealady took over and won the CL yada yada...(Not Gloom).

Edited by Park Life

Guest BigThompers

The hype when they played us would be tedious but I certainly wouldn't mind seeing him go there.

Perfect for us. If he was good we could have him after Keegan, if he was rubbish not our problem

spot on. Let Blackburn find out if he's any use or not.

:nah:

Perfect for us. If he was good we could have him after Keegan, if he was rubbish not our problem

spot on. Let Blackburn find out if he's any use or not.

:nah:

Didn't we learn from that mistake the first time?

Love the arrogance of people in here. Just assuming Shearer would walk away from Blackburn to manage Newcastle, no matter what their respective standings were at the time. No wonder other people think we're deluded morons.

Love the arrogance of people in here. Just assuming Shearer would walk away from Blackburn to manage Newcastle, no matter what their respective standings were at the time. No wonder other people think we're deluded morons.

You really had to scrape the barrel to find something to get angry about didn't you!? :nah:

10 years here, home town, bar named after him, testimonial, of course he'd be torn about leaving Blackburn.... :D

You really had to scrape the barrel to find something to get angry about didn't you!? :nah:

10 years here, home town, bar named after him, testimonial, of course he'd be torn about leaving Blackburn.... :icon_lol:

He could never be in any doubt after having a bar named after him man. :D

Of the 3 front runners, Shearer is probably the only one they'd have to sell the job too. If I was a Blackburn fan, he'd be the one I'd want most too (actually the only one).

Kevin Gallacher was on five live this morning saying how Blackburn have a good record of appointments, especially looking at the last two managers.

:yes

I suppose they got a handsome payoff for Souness.

Guest alex
Of the 3 front runners, Shearer is probably the only one they'd have to sell the job too. If I was a Blackburn fan, he'd be the one I'd want most too (actually the only one).

Kevin Gallacher was on five live this morning saying how Blackburn have a good record of appointments, especially looking at the last two managers.

Souness did a canny job for them though overall. Much as I dislike the bloke.

Maybe, on balance, but that last season and a half casts a bad shadow.

Guest alex

Maybe, on balance, but that last season and a half casts a bad shadow.

Aye, nice of us to help them out with that situation.

I dunno, on the one hand it's quite a nicely set up club without OTT expectations (I think Hughes has benefited as much from this as being a good manager).

But on the other he'd not get the leeway from the fans he'd get here (especially if they are turned into Hoofburn by Allardyce).

He'd still probably turn down a chance to manage ManUre for Newcastle, gutting for you I know. :yes

Hypothetically, Shearer leads and establishes Blackburn into the top four and we're in the championship.

Aye, he'd bend over backwards to join us.

Aye, but in that hypothetical reality Man U drop out of the Premiership once as Fergy leaves and the Glazers get caught in a massive banking fraud, leading to a huge exodus of Man U "fans" to Blackburn as Man U plummets into non-league football. :razz:

Also in that reality Alex becomes First Minster of Pedantism, t'Fish gets laid and Lawrenson actually has 1/2 a clue about football. :yes

Guest alex
Hypothetically, Shearer leads and establishes Blackburn into the top four and we're in the championship.

Aye, he'd bend over backwards to join us.

Yes, that's the exact assumption everyone else was making.