Help!!!

Southern Geordie

Sorry I know this should probably be in the other forum but what the hey.. First day that I've got broadband at Uni.. First thing I've tried to do is set up MSN messenger.. It doesn't work! It just randomly says "the service is temporarily unavailable" I know it could be unavailable but seeing as there are no MSN posts Im worried its my laptop!

Windows messenger works but that sucks :lol: My firewall isnt interfering with it either.

Any ideas :blink:

Cheers Cheerio Lads

I'd guess the uni have blocked MSN like, the bastids.

41328[/snapback]

no mate it won't be the Uni blocking messenger, it'll be the hotmail service itself.

He'll be fine in a couple of hours.

or he could always get on with some bloody work and stop trying to convince pre-pubscent girls to "go on cam"

durdy bech

I haven't got any work to do yet so am making the most of being slightly free.

Annoying thing is my laptop is on the floor cos the damn cat 5 cable doesnt even reach up to the desk its so short.. Do you reckon I could get an extender or something?

Anyways I hope MSN works soon its just random how it says the service is down... It probably is the reason because in the troubleshooter it said everything is A OK

your router is configured for MSN and stuff yeah?

41333[/snapback]

Its configured for stuff... As everything else works including explorer, windows messenger.. Who knows though.

I would presume the router is configured for that type of stuff considering its been here ages and has nowt to do with the uni.

Could we be that the Uni are using a SOCKS Proxy for connection to MSN (we use one here) and it is indpendant of other forms of communication.

Our web connection can be fine, I can be logged into MSN on the web or even Windows Messenger but I can't get onto MSN because the socks proxy needs re-setting.

If you know anyone else who's using it on the same network, see if they have any grief.

Why was this moved? Nazi Moderating tbh

41369[/snapback]

Not that I was responsible for the move, but I think the thread title offers a good clue as to why it was moved! :lol: