Anyone with a private number plate?

Guest BigThompers

Wasn't your car worth about £4,000?

I think (although can't say for sure) his was a 1.4 and did exactly what he needed it to do. He didn't have the super sport turbo rudeboy gangsta aiiigghht model but then he wasn't a little boy racer prick who sticks holes in his exhaust pipe to make the car sound meatier.

Me neither. I just tend to not skimp out and would always opt for the top-of-the-range model, even if it's a couple of years older, tbh.

Top model or not.... it's still only an Astra :D

You can't polish a turd! :rip:

And even if you could, it's still only a turd.

• Replies 376
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think (although can't say for sure) his was a 1.4 and did exactly what he needed it to do. He didn't have the super sport turbo rudeboy gangsta aiiigghht model but then he wasn't a little boy racer prick who sticks holes in his exhaust pipe to make the car sound meatier.

When I was living right by the sea I had that problem with an exhaust from sea mist and corrosion, didn't help the performance much though :rip: , not even when the exhaust dropped off at the end of the manifold. :D

It did make your ears bleed and loosen your teeth with noise though, and I liked the way people would pull up beside me and point down to my exhaust, like I hadn't noticed that something might possibly be wrong from the sound induced bleeding from every orifice. :lol:

Me neither. I just tend to not skimp out and would always opt for the top-of-the-range model, even if it's a couple of years older, tbh.

You can't polish a turd! :lol:

And even if you could, it's still only a turd.

I'm waiting for him to come back with the obligatory, "well it's better than your car" comment..

Probably is. I drive a company supplied Mondeo. But then again, I have it to get me to work and back.... not to drive around looking like a tart! :rip:

I sold my car last year and before it went I put my private plate onto retention. I've now lost the retention documents and haven't a clue how or who to ask about replacing them? Anyone clued up?

I'd contact the DVLA if I were you.

71216SYbW_w.jpg

Guest BigThompers

You can't polish a turd! :rip:

It's a superior model of one of the most successful car models in the country. Hardlys a 'turd', dick head.

Guest BigThompers
Can't believe that Thompers keeps coming back for more after being ripped by virtually everyone in the thread and he's yet to give a decent comeback, what a nipple!

Come on man, did you fuck your sister to produce those?

Guest BigThompers
RE: Spoilers, I was watching Top Gear yesterday morning and Clarkson was on the very subject. He pretty much confirmed what I already told you all. They have a major impact from 110mph+ - speeds which most modern cars are capable of.

But rarely do!

Plus wasn't Clarkson talking about a Zonda - not quite a sporty driver's car like an Astra!

Agree with Stevie on this one. I read more of your posts and think do one.

If a spoiler assists cars at high speeds then it is affecting it's performance, rendering it a performance enhancing feature of a car. Simple as.

Thing is most road cars have aerodynamic properties closer to a brick than a F1 car (or a zonda for that matter) and are front wheel drive, both of which reduces the benefits and need of a designed and tested rear spoiler (as a real world example you can see when estate version of cars do perfectly well in road car racing formulas).

Really speaking it's often better have a pop up one (so you don't get the drag at lower speed when you don't need the stability), but again in most cars that have those they aren't set to pop until a pretty high speed (in the case of the UK a completely illegal speed).

If you've got a 700+bhp e-type jag that's built for racing then a meaty rear spoiler is going to be wanted (but even there the front aerodynamics will be the first port of call, as well as the basic stuff such as lightening..... which I guess goes back to the issue that you'd almost certainly gain more ripping all the carpet and soundproofing out of your car than you would fitting even a racing designed and tested spoiler to your car).

Certainly in your Astra the most benefits you'd get would be by changing the front, but of course the best was to do that means you end up leaving half the front end of your car at any speed bump, or even minor road fluctuation.

What have spoilers got to do with my astra? Nobody mentioned the spoilers on my astra. They are completely standard and that's that. All this spawned from somebody mentioning someone sticking one on a punto. So either tune-in or fuck off.

RE: Spoilers, I was watching Top Gear yesterday morning and Clarkson was on the very subject. He pretty much confirmed what I already told you all. They have a major impact from 110mph+ - speeds which most modern cars are capable of.

But rarely do!

Plus wasn't Clarkson talking about a Zonda - not quite a sporty driver's car like an Astra!

Agree with Stevie on this one. I read more of your posts and think do one.

If a spoiler assists cars at high speeds then it is affecting it's performance, rendering it a performance enhancing feature of a car. Simple as.

Thing is most road cars have aerodynamic properties closer to a brick than a F1 car (or a zonda for that matter) and are front wheel drive, both of which reduces the benefits and need of a designed and tested rear spoiler (as a real world example you can see when estate version of cars do perfectly well in road car racing formulas).

Really speaking it's often better have a pop up one (so you don't get the drag at lower speed when you don't need the stability), but again in most cars that have those they aren't set to pop until a pretty high speed (in the case of the UK a completely illegal speed).

If you've got a 700+bhp e-type jag that's built for racing then a meaty rear spoiler is going to be wanted (but even there the front aerodynamics will be the first port of call, as well as the basic stuff such as lightening..... which I guess goes back to the issue that you'd almost certainly gain more ripping all the carpet and soundproofing out of your car than you would fitting even a racing designed and tested spoiler to your car).

Certainly in your Astra the most benefits you'd get would be by changing the front, but of course the best was to do that means you end up leaving half the front end of your car at any speed bump, or even minor road fluctuation.

What have spoilers got to do with my astra? Nobody mentioned the spoilers on my astra. They are completely standard and that's that. All this spawned from somebody mentioning someone sticking one on a punto. So either tune-in or fuck off.

Your argument is great in breadth and depth, but you know I think I'd rather continue making you look like a kermit.jpg instead. :D

I have a newish BMW 3 Series and a private plate. Reading through this thread I've probably gone down in many peoples view. I'm not a chav and nor do I want/expect people to 'look at me'.

I don't like Kid Rock though, surely that allows me to claw back some credibility? :D

Car prices in the UK are unbelieveably cheap compared to here. I'm buying a 05 Golf over there for 6500 in the next week or so, works out at 8500 europeans. Should I decide to take it in and get the plate changed to an Irish one, I will have paid €10,000 in total. Saving of €3-5000 on just buying one here.

Can't believe that Thompers keeps coming back for more after being ripped by virtually everyone in the thread and he's yet to give a decent comeback, what a nipple!

Haven't got a sister. can I borrow yours to fuck, I'd probably 'do' your mother as well if I've had a few pints.

PM me some pics and I'll let you know

Guest BigThompers
I have a newish BMW 3 Series and a private plate. Reading through this thread I've probably gone down in many peoples view. I'm not a chav and nor do I want/expect people to 'look at me'.

I don't like Kid Rock though, surely that allows me to claw back some credibility? :D

Until your bluetooth headset and shades on a cloudy day bring it right back to sub-zero :rip:

It's a superior model of one of the most successful car models in the country. Hardlys a 'turd', dick head.

Actually you're right - turds are probably more aerodynamic.... particularly as they don't have the 'off-cuts' from an airfix model attached to their rear end :rip:

Guest BigThompers

Actually you're right - turds are probably more aerodynamic.... particularly as they don't have the 'off-cuts' from an airfix model attached to their rear end :rip:

Hey if it does 160mph without being aerodynamic I'm pretty pleased.

Why on earth would you be pleased to get a car to go more than twice the national speed limit? Serious question btw...

Why on earth would you be pleased to get a car to go more than twice the national speed limit? Serious question btw...

Because he's off to do a Nikki Lauda, remember?

Thompers the only time you've ever got to 160mph is when you're cock in hand standing over the latest issue of car.

Haven't got a sister. can I borrow yours to fuck, I'd probably 'do' your mother as well if I've had a few pints.

PM me some pics and I'll let you know

Quality banter, really.

Astra's are canny middle of the road( no pun intended) cars. Nowt special and pretty reliable, owned one once myself an 02 1.8 club. However if i was to see an Astra with a private reg my first reaction would be, bellend.

Guest BigThompers
Astra's are canny middle of the road( no pun intended) cars. Nowt special and pretty reliable, owned one once myself an 02 1.8 club. However if i was to see an Astra with a private reg my first reaction would be, bellend.

Pathetic statement. It's like saying I once had a Vauxhall Carlton and stereotyping the Lotus Carlton and putting it into the same category. Moronic.

Guest BigThompers

Thompers the only time you've ever got to 160mph is when you're cock in hand standing over the latest issue of car.

Yawn. Shit craic

Edited by BigThompers

Yawn. Shit craic

Crack. :)