What console is your favourite of all time?

Wavey Davey

N64 for me.

Goldeneye.....Blastcorps......ISS.......Perfect Dark........

Never played Perfect Dark but the other three regularly spent time sat in my N64 :D

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

N64 for me.

Goldeneye.....Blastcorps......ISS.......Perfect Dark........

Never played Perfect Dark but the other three regularly spent time sat in my N64 :D

Perfect Dark was good too. Same people as Goldeneye.

Where is SWOS ffs ??

SWOS wasn't as good as SS. Too much management.

Of course this is better than both of them put together...

Sensi all the way for me.

Best games on the Amiga by a country mile....

Where is SWOS ffs ??

Speedball 2 FTW BTW.

I'm with HF on this one - loved SS and eargly awaited the release of SWOS. Bought it the day it came out, played it for half a day and hated it - never played it again.

Back in the Amiga days, CM was the management Daddy and for playability it had to be SS. They wrecked it for me by trying to mix the two.

Where is SWOS ffs ??

Is that Kick Off 2?

I hated that with a passion. Sensible Soccer (the original) for me :D

Where is SWOS ffs ??

Is that Kick Off 2?

I hated that with a passion. Sensible Soccer (the original) for me :rip:

I'm with you and Jimbo tbh. I never had a clue with it. :D

All the older lads loved it though, and spat on the floor when I mentioned Sensible as if it wasn't for the purists. Watching those clips I can see why, huge range of goals compared to the 3 or 4 that were possible on sensible. I just wish I could actually turn with the ball in order to score any.

Best games on the Amiga by a country mile....

Cannon Fodder was a great game, but Syndicate was exceptional - the basic gameplay would stand up well now with an updated graphic engine.

That was what pissed me off with KO2 - you had to almost slow down your running or the ball went out of play. Yeah I know, more realistic and all that but it just served to bore the fuck out of me and made damned sure I lost interest pretty quick.

Also designed by some Italian (Dino Dini) IIRC

Cannon Fodder was a great game, but Syndicate was exceptional - the basic gameplay would stand up well now with an updated graphic engine.

Syndicate was one of those I could play for hours and never get bored.

Using the flame thrower to torch someone was always fun :D

Microprose Soccer - the first (non management) football game I had...

Check out the banana shots - class when you did a sliding tackle in the rain too :D

Syndicate was one of those I could play for hours and never get bored.

Using the flame thrower to torch someone was always fun :rip:

Yeah completed it and the expansion many times on the Amiga and PC, nothing quite like killing every living thing in city either. :D:lol:

I had this one too - Four Soccer Simulator....

EDIT: how fucking hammered is the bloke doing the voice over on this review? :D

How shit were ending on games though? The amount of times you'd end up with "Well Done" or "Congratulations" followed by the credits scrolling should have been enough to put you off games for life.

rockstartehwin1ap0.gif

rockstartehwin2uz2.gif

You don't say. :D

Started off with a NES. I had Super Mario & Duck Hunt on one cartridge that came with it. It also came with 2 contorllers and a gun. Looking back that's amazing when you consider what you have to get extra now! Had it for years and had loads of games. Still got it actually but it's in the loft and most of the games are bust or missing.

Followed that up with a Mega Drive. Had a mountain of games for that like, probably the most used console out of my consoles, mainly due to my age. Remember getting proper pissed off with Grainger Games actually, because when I sold it I had about 30 games, 6 controllers, everything was boxed and I got about £27. I was probably more pissed off because I was swapping it all for Goldeneye for the N64 and couldnt even make it up to that. :D

I got a PSX when I still had my Mega Drive, and I still have it now. Also in the loft. Spent months on Metal Gear Solid and mountains of other games, especially after I got it chipped.

I had a special edition N64 aswell, that had a gold controller. I fucking loved that console but I didnt really have many games for it as I was starting to grow out of it all a bit. ISS was wicked though.

Then finally I have a PS2, which I still use as my DVD player in my room. Got a few games for it but to be honest I wouldn't buy anything new for it and like I say, mainly use it to play DVDs on, hardly ever play on it.