Wimbledon

Kevin Carr's Gloves

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The only thing that would make watching Wimbledon worthwhile would be a landslide on that pathetic hill all the mongs who can't get into the stadium watch it all on. That or Murray being knocked unconscious by a flying tennis racquet.

The only thing that would make watching Wimbledon worthwhile would be a landslide on that pathetic hill all the mongs who can't get into the stadium watch it all on. That or Murray being knocked unconscious by a flying tennis racquet.

Murray Mount/Mound? :lol:

Murray Mount/Mound? :lol:

I was trying my best to avoid referring to it as such, or its prior incarnation as "Henman Hill". Oh dear.

Murray Mount/Mound? :blush:

I was trying my best to avoid referring to it as such, or its prior incarnation as "Henman Hill". Oh dear.

Rusedski Ridge as I once heard it called. Ffs :lol:

Dear God, I am thankful I had thus far never heard that one.

Some kind of natural disaster in that concentrated area would be most welcome.

Maybe unleash a mob of Rangers fans armed with a vat of buckfast, they're always good fun at open-air sports viewings.

Maybe unleash a mob of Rangers fans armed with a vat of buckfast, they're always good fun at open-air sports viewings.

True enough, but then they'd probably make themselves at home in London, and the city's tramp population would be quadrupled overnight.

I tell you what I do find strange and that's English people supporting Andy Murray. He admits to having wore a Portugal top the day England went out the World Cup. The only thing I care about at Wimbledon is him going out in the first few rounds.

Possibly the only semi-interesting thing he has ever done in his life. What a boring twat.

Did you see him on Jonathan Ross, rarely has anyone had less to say than Andy Murray. I've been on telly and it's nee picnic, nerves are understandable, but I was like a natural compared to him, and he's in the public spotlight every day. He mumbled something about his girlfriend, and that was about it. Wossie should've been paid double time for his efforts to get him to say something of note. His voice is more monotone than Steven Hawkings machine as well, he really should've been born Brummie.

:lol:

What? A primetime chat show?

11 o'clock at neet isn't prime tiime.

What show were you on like Stevie?

Was 8 years ago now Alex, a show called Friends Like These, I even got to talk about the toon.

You forgot to add 'who fucking needs them' to the end if you were on it :blush:

I tell you what I do find strange and that's English people supporting Andy Murray. He admits to having wore a Portugal top the day England went out the World Cup. The only thing I care about at Wimbledon is him going out in the first few rounds.

Possibly the only semi-interesting thing he has ever done in his life. What a boring twat.

Did you see him on Jonathan Ross, rarely has anyone had less to say than Andy Murray. I've been on telly and it's nee picnic, nerves are understandable, but I was like a natural compared to him, and he's in the public spotlight every day. He mumbled something about his girlfriend, and that was about it. Wossie should've been paid double time for his efforts to get him to say something of note. His voice is more monotone than Steven Hawkings machine as well, he really should've been born Brummie.

:lol:

What? A primetime chat show?

11 o'clock at neet isn't prime tiime.

What show were you on like Stevie?

Was 8 years ago now Alex, a show called Friends Like These, I even got to talk about the toon.

You forgot to add 'who fucking needs them' to the end if you were on it :blush:

0/10.

Some canny lasses this year like - but not Ms Mars Bar there. That's meant to be who England's hopes ride on? I hoped she beat Williams, though, never known such a pair of tosserettes as the Williams sisters.

Some canny lasses this year like - but not Ms Mars Bar there. That's meant to be who England's hopes ride on? I hoped she beat Williams, though, never known such a pair of tosserettes as the Williams sisters.

No one really gives a shiney shite about the wimmins game really. She's probably the best prospect due to her age but i'd be surprised if she broke the top 50 in her career, never mind the next few years.

First we get mr boring Tim Henman. Now we get another personality by-pass with Andy Murray. What have we done to deserve those two ??????

"We" haven't done anything to get Andy Murray, he's a curly haired Jock tramp.

What a surprise to see this character posting again :D

Must be a right pain in the arse logging in and out though as different personas :lol:

Check the IP address you fool. T Keith can you confirm the two IP addresses are different please. Unless I magically transport myself to London and back in 20 seconds.

Its pretty easy to get around tbh. A simple remote desktop through a VPN. :blush:

Murray to be Stevie's new favourite Tennis player...

ANDY MURRAY has revealed he is one quarter ENGLISH — and would have qualified to play football for England.

The British No 1, who aims to star at Wimbledon, has been haunted by a joke he made just before the 2006 World Cup.

Responding to mickey-taking from Tim Henman about the state of Scottish soccer, football-mad Murray said he wanted ‘anyone but England’ to win in Germany.

Since then, he has been seen as anti-English in some quarters, much to the dismay of the player himself and his granny — who hails from Newcastle.

Preparing for tomorrow’s first-round clash against French ace Fabrice Santoro, Murray, 21, said: “My gran on my mum’s side is English. Quite a few of my family are in Newcastle.

"Anyone who knows me knows how close I am to my gran, so the anti-English stuff was not the nicest thing to hear.

“I travel with my physio, who is English, my fitness trainer is English, my coach Miles Maclagan should probably say he’s Scottish but he probably feels more English.

“So, yes, I don’t have a problem with English people at all. My girlfriend’s English too, and I live in London. I’d have qualified to play football for England but probably wouldn’t have got into the team!”

Having missed last year’s Wimbledon with a wrist injury, Murray — who was once offered a place at Rangers’ youth academy — last played at SW19 back in 2006.

He was returning to the All England Club locker rooms after practice when he overheard a woman talking on her mobile phone.

Within earshot of the tennis star, she scoffed: “That Scottish w****r has just walked past.”

It was then Murray realised he had clearly upset quite a few people with the England football remark.

Murray is hoping he will get the full support from everyone in Britain during Wimbledon fortnight and promises he will try and cut out the swearing — as his gran will be nearby.

The Scot added: “I was 13 when I embarrassed my nan with my behaviour but I don’t think I’ve done it too many times since then.

“She’s probably going to come down and watch, so I’m not going to be doing too much swearing.

“I’m just going to be myself on the court, though. I don’t want anyone to offend anyone. If I do, I am sorry for that but I guess I’m not going to change now in how I am.

“The last few months I’ve been much more laid back than I was and I don’t think I’m as expressive as I was the first time I played Wimbledon.

“I was jumping all over the place and I’m a little bit different to that now. I’m just excited to play at Wimbledon again. I missed a huge chunk of last year and this was, for me, the most exciting time of year.

“It’s a Slam that I think I can do well at. It was hard last year but it’s made me look forward to this year even more.”

Murray also insists he should not be compared to mentor and close pal Henman, who has swapped Centre Court for the TV studio.

The No 12 seed added: “Everyone deals with things differently and me and Tim are obviously not the same personalities.

Advertisement

“He was very reserved on the court and didn’t give too much away and I’m completely the opposite to that.

“When it comes to things like this, you have to be yourself and do what feels right to you and be natural.

“If you start trying to be someone that you’re not, then it’s quite stressful and hard work. I haven’t felt any extra pressure this week than I have in the past.

"I’ve played very well in practice and I’ve played well in the lead up. I think I’m well prepared, so I’ve got a lot to look forward to.”

Murray will be able to make the short journey from his flat in Wandsworth. He added: “I’ve never travelled to a tournament from my house each day. I guess it will help.

“It’s been much more relaxed than playing at any of the other tournaments because my best friends are here and I get to spend a lot of time with them.

“And you’re also away from hotels and you’ve got your own TV.”

Murray will be looking to reach the quarter-final for the first time in a Grand Slam, having progressed to the fourth round on three occasions.

He added: “For me, reaching the fourth round of a Grand Slam is not a great achievement. It’s good to win a few rounds but, ultimately, I want to do much better than that.

“I’m feeling good about my game again. Going into the Australian Open I’d won in Doha but there were still a few things that needed to get much better.

"Now I feel like I can do well at a Slam again and go deep into the tournament.”

Murray, meanwhile, has switched from adidas to Nike tennis shoes.

He said: “I don’t have a shoe sponsor. Fred Perry, who sponsor me, don’t make tennis shoes so the change is not a problem for me.”

Anyone else find it strange that no one is ever found guilty of doping in tennis? that Nadal looks like he is roiding like crazy.

If anyone needs steroids to develop that much muscle they must have a serious genetic condition.

Safin's beaten Djokovic (sp?) I see. Not the biggest surprise in the world as Safin is awesome on his day.

There'll be more than a few people who had money on Djokovic to win the whole thing mind. Cracking result for Safin.

Safin's beaten Djokovic (sp?) I see. Not the biggest surprise in the world as Safin is awesome on his day.

There'll be more than a few people who had money on Djokovic to win the whole thing mind. Cracking result for Safin.

I watched it, although Safin was fairly clinical, it felt more of a case that Djokovic lost it rather than Safin won it, Djokovic just wasn't on his game today at all, his body language was that of a man who had accepted defeat well before the end.