Wednesday's Gossip

Tom

CRISTIANO RONALDO LATEST :lol:

Manchester United winger Cristiano Ronaldo has already seen the personal terms of his Real Madrid contract. (Daily Express)

Real Madrid hope to announce the signing of Ronaldo on 7 July. (Daily Mirror)

New Blackburn boss Paul Ince has slammed Ronaldo for 'souring' United's success of last season. (Various)

TRANSFER RUMOURS

Harry Redknapp says he won't be held to ransom by Liverpool in his pursuit of striker Peter Crouch. (Daily Star)

Newcastle boss Kevin Keegan is hoping to sign Switzerland striker Eren Derdiyok from FC Basel for £6m. (Daily Mirror)

Sunderland could launch a bid for Sheffield United's £5m-rated striker James Beattie (Daily Mirror)

Lukas Podolski has asked Bayern Munich if he has a future at the club. Tottenham are said to be interested in the striker. (The Sun)

Middlesbrough have tabled a £3.5m bid for Reading midfielder James Harper. (Daily Mail)

Arsenal have identified Real Mallorca striker Daniel Guiza as a replacement for Barcelona target Emmanuel Adebayor. (Daily Mail)

Mallorca themselves are keen on Portsmouth midfielder Pedro Mendes. (Daily Mail)

Bordeaux have conceded defeat in their attempts to sign Manchester United defender Mikael Silvestre. (The Independent)

Tottenham are closing in on PSV Eindhoven keeper Heurelho Gomes. (The Independent)

Chelsea striker Ben Sahar is set to join Portsmouth on loan. (The Times)

Derby will launch a £500,000 raid on Cardiff for defender Darren Purse. (The Mirror)

Highly rated Chelsea midfielder Jimmy Smith could join Sheffield Wednesday on loan. (The Mirror)

Wigan forward Antoine Sibierski has been told he can leave the club on a free transfer. (The Sun)

Stoke are closing in on Jamaican midfielder Rudolph Austin who is currently at Portmore United. (Daily Express)

West Brom boss is closing in on a £5m double deal for Newcastle's Shola Ameobi and Swansea's Ferrie Bodde. (Daily Express)

Bolton hope to secure the record signing of Johan Elmander before the end of the week. (Daily Mirror)

Paul Ince has warned interested clubs that striker Roque Santa Cruz is not for sale. (Daily Star)

Portsmouth are preparing a bid for Reading defender Nicky Shorey. (Daily Mirror)

OTHER GOSSIP

Manchester United assistant manager Carlos Queiroz has not ruled out replacing Luis Felipe Scolari as Portugal's national boss. (The Independent)

AND FINALLY

The Premier League will have its youngest referee with 25-year-old Stuart Attwell set to take charge of games next season. (Daily Mail)

Work has finally begun on Liverpool's new stadium in Stanley Park. (The Times)

Liverpool start work on stadium

Germany keeper Jens Lehmann says he would 'give his life' to reach the final of Euro 2008. (The Sun)

Lehmann still to decide on future

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"My dream is to play with Owen at Newcastle," the 19-year-old FC Basle star has been quoted as saying.

said that well before euro 2008 started . but after the england game when he knocked one past us .

Bombadil (Swiss-based poster) reckoned he's got a lot of potential but would be 'one for the future' given he isn't a regular for Basle yet.

Fuck me I'm fed up and completely under-whelmed by Ashley's 'vision' of Newcastle right now, I know he's ironed out the financial side of things but christ on a bike I'm feeling like we're a million miles away from the top teams and it doesn't feel like that's going to change any time soon. Maybe I'm just on a downer today but after what's starting to feel like a false dawn when the Shepherd era ended and Ashley took over I'm left wondering if there really is any hope of us getting back to the glory days.

The Daily Mail

Newcastle's Keegan plots £6m raid for Swiss striker Derdiyok

Kevin Keegan is weighing up a £6million bid for Switzerland striker Eren Derdiyok after catching the Newcastle manager's eye during Euro 2008.

The 6ft 3in forward was also watched by Arsenal during the tournament but Newcastle are in pole position to capture his signature.

Basle striker Derdiyok is eager to move to the Barclays Premier League and Keegan is keen on bringing a tall and powerful player to St James' Park.

Fuck me I'm fed up and completely under-whelmed by Ashley's 'vision' of Newcastle right now, I know he's ironed out the financial side of things but christ on a bike I'm feeling like we're a million miles away from the top teams and it doesn't feel like that's going to change any time soon. Maybe I'm just on a downer today but after what's starting to feel like a false dawn when the Shepherd era ended and Ashley took over I'm left wondering if there really is any hope of us getting back to the glory days.

Impressive squealing there Veruca Salt. Get a fucking grip on yourself

I take it you're excited then?

I'm taking the ridiculous step of waiting to see how things turn out before I decide either way

I'm taking the ridiculous step of waiting to see how things turn out before I decide either way

That's fair enough, but you've got to admit it doesn't look good at the current point in time.

Harry Redknapp says he won't be held to ransom by Liverpool in his pursuit of striker Peter Crouch. (Daily Star)

£9m bid rejected.

Liverpool are off their heads. Knocking back a £2M profit from a lad who hardly gets a start?

it's because Martin O'Neil won't accept anything less than 20m for Gareth Barry.

Scouse lad at work just mentioned Crouch only has a year to go on his current contract. :icon_lol:

That's hard ball they're playing right there.

That's fair enough, but you've got to admit it doesn't look good at the current point in time.

I'm quietly confident, considering the two pieces of information regarding potential incoming transfers in the past 6 months that have been leaked to us were a £10 mill bid for Woodgate and a £15+mill bid for Modric.

I'm quietly confident, considering the two pieces of information regarding potential incoming transfers in the past 6 months that have been leaked to us were a £10 mill bid for Woodgate and a £15+mill bid for Modric.

A cynic might say those bids went in knowing full well the players in question wanted nowt to do with the North East.

:icon_lol:

A cynic might say those bids went in knowing full well the players in question wanted nowt to do with the North East.

:icon_lol:

Or an optimist would say Keegan knew how much Woodgate liked it here and thought maybe he could twist his arm, whereas he genuinely thought Modric would come here.

£9m bid rejected.

Liverpool are off their heads. Knocking back a £2M profit from a lad who hardly gets a start?

Hardly got a start and still managed 11 goals. He`s at least worth 12 mil, if we don`t get it we should hang on to him for a season.

Villa won`t get 20 mil for Barry. We`ll get him for 15.