More bombs in Bali

catmag

If AF wants to make a point (to which he is entitled) it maybe should be in a seperate thread........................

This one was about Bali - not Catmag

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

AF, I know you do this stuff to try and get under people's skin and to be a bit controversial, but I can absolutely assure you that you just end up making yourself look like a contrary fucking arsehole every time.  People aren't biting or reacting to you because you're clever and you've stumped them - they just can't believe you could be such a cock.

EDIT - PS Well done for fucking up a thread about people dying in a terrorist attack so that you could try and make yourself look clever.

41988[/snapback]

No I don't. I found the jokes on that thread deeply offensive and you all rallyed round saying it was fine. I got the piss ripped out of me for daring to go against the herd.

If you want to take potshots then fill your boots but it's a bit rich to then accuse ME of taking over a thread. I addressed my point to catmag and not you. You chose to wade in acting like the voice of reason.

If you can find a way of tallying jokes about something awful, then subsequently saying how appalling it is, then make your fucking point.

If you can't (which I strongly suspect) SHUT THE FUCK UP.

41992[/snapback]

Do you seriously think that people that can tell sick jokes, or find amusement in sick jokes, are incapable of feeling any upset when a tragedy occurs? Are you that fucking stupid? Or are you just trying to be a clever shite and ending up looking anything but?

Do you seriously think that people that can tell sick jokes, or find amusement in sick jokes, are incapable of feeling any upset when a tragedy occurs?  Are you that fucking stupid?  Or are you just trying to be a clever shite and ending up looking anything but?

41998[/snapback]

When you tell a joke, you are telling it because you think it's funny.

Now why don't we wind in the hard talk and try and have a decent conversation.

Do you seriously think that people that can tell sick jokes, or find amusement in sick jokes, are incapable of feeling any upset when a tragedy occurs?  Are you that fucking stupid?  Or are you just trying to be a clever shite and ending up looking anything but?

41998[/snapback]

When you tell a joke, you are telling it because you think it's funny.

Now why don't we wind in the hard talk and try and have a decent conversation.

42001[/snapback]

Answer the question. Do you think that someone that tells a sick joke or laughs at a sick joke cannot also be genuinely upset when a tragedy occurs?

Answer the question.  Do you think that someone that tells a sick joke or laughs at a sick joke cannot also be genuinely upset when a tragedy occurs?

42004[/snapback]

I have answered the question. Read the post about Billy Connolly. :lol:

Generally speaking, I think that it is possible to have different reactions to an event- humour is a natural coping mechanism. It's a question of taste though.

Posting sick jokes on an internet forum then shedding crocodile tears about the same event is a bit strange in my view.

Answer the question.  Do you think that someone that tells a sick joke or laughs at a sick joke cannot also be genuinely upset when a tragedy occurs?

42004[/snapback]

Generally speaking, I think that it is possible to have different reactions to an event- humour is a natural coping mechanism. It's a question of taste though.

Posting sick jokes on an internet forum then shedding crocodile tears about the same event is a bit strange in my view.

42010[/snapback]

Sorry, but if you can't respond with a simple "Yes" to the question I asked you, then it proves that all you were trying to do was to point-score in a thread in which people are expressing sympathy and upset about people dying. Which is further supported by you now accusing someone of shedding crocodile tears. Hope it made you feel good though.

You called?

AF - I'm not going to get into a slanging match with you cos frankly I can't be arsed. You've proved yourself to be a canny enough poster when you want to be but seem to have chosen that thread as your mission to drag up whenever you feel like it.

Have you ever heard of black humour? The kind of stuff that people have used for years because in some small way it takes them away from having to think about the almost unfathomable awfulness of something that has happened, or to make sense of it.

Do you really think that because I made a contribution to that thread (and didn't actually post anything that conveyed I was sat rolling around with laughter about it) that I've devoid of feelings, compassion or empathy?

You've told us in recent weeks about your job and how you work from home and make music etc. Well over the last 4 nights while I've been working I've sat with the parents of a man while he died slowly after practically bleeding to death. I've cared for a woman who came to have surgery thinking she had appendicitis only to discover she had cancer on her pancreas, and looked after several people who have been anxious, upset, scared and in pain. So let's have a think about this again, shall we? Is that the kind of thing you could do if you had no feelings or appreciation for the evil in the world these days and just switched off and saw all terrible things as an excuse for hilarity.

Guess what? I'm able to separate these things and I'm also at liberty to post what I like on this board. If you truly believe that I'm not entitled to post a sympathetic response to a tragedy because I previously contributed to something that you felt was unnecessary then that's fine, because in that big wide world where I work with tragedy and pain every single day, I can still sleep at night.

42004[/snapback]

42010[/snapback]

Sorry, but if you can't respond with a simple "Yes" to the question I asked you, then it proves that all you were trying to do was to point-score in a thread in which people are expressing sympathy and upset about people dying. Which is further supported by you now accusing someone of shedding crocodile tears. Hope it made you feel good though.

42011[/snapback]

I'll make it easy as you are struggling to grasp the concept.

Laughing because someone falls over and hurts their arm, gets up and shrugs it off is one thing.

Laughing because someone falls over and cracks their head open and needs hospital treatment is another.

Laughing because someone falls over and cracks their head open and needs hospital treatment and then telling everyone how awful they think it is, is another thing again.

Do you now understand my point? :huh:

The people who tell racist jokes here and then try and say how unracist they are, are the most cowardly, ignorant deluded people I can think of.

You called?

AF - I'm not going to get into a slanging match with you cos frankly I can't be arsed.  You've proved yourself to be a canny enough poster when you want to be but seem to have chosen that thread as your mission to drag up whenever you feel like it.

Have you ever heard of black humour?  The kind of stuff that people have used for years because in some small way it takes them away from having to think about the almost unfathomable awfulness of something that has happened, or to make sense of it.

Do you really think that because I made a contribution to that thread (and didn't actually post anything that conveyed I was sat rolling around with laughter about it) that I've devoid of feelings, compassion or empathy?

You've told us in recent weeks about your job and how you work from home and make music etc.  Well over the last 4 nights while I've been working I've sat with the parents of a man while he died slowly after practically bleeding  to death.  I've cared for a woman who came to have surgery thinking she had appendicitis only to discover she had cancer on her pancreas, and looked after several people who have been anxious, upset, scared and in pain.  So let's have a think about this again, shall we?  Is that the kind of thing you could do if you had no feelings or appreciation for the evil in the world these days and just switched off and saw all terrible things as an excuse for hilarity.

Guess what?  I'm able to separate these things and I'm also at liberty to post what I like on this board.  If you truly believe that I'm not entitled to post a sympathetic response to a tragedy because I previously contributed to something that you felt was unnecessary then that's fine, because in that big wide world where I work with tragedy and pain every single day, I can still sleep at night.

42014[/snapback]

Your good work as a nurse doesn't have anything to do with jokes about terrorism.

I'm very well aware of the humour used by people in the medical profession to cope with the grim realities of the job.

The big difference to me here is that the sick joke thread was made PURELY for titilation. I obviously still have a lot of friends in London and I worry about them.

42004[/snapback]

42010[/snapback]

42011[/snapback]

I'll make it easy as you are struggling to grasp the concept.

Laughing because someone falls over and hurts their arm, gets up and shrugs it off is one thing.

Laughing because someone falls over and cracks their head open and needs hospital treatment is another.

Laughing because someone falls over and cracks their head open and needs hospital treatment and then telling everyone how awful they think it is, is another thing again.

Do you now understand my point? :huh:

The people who tell racist jokes here and then try and say how unracist they are, are the most cowardly, ignorant deluded people I can think of.

42015[/snapback]

A sick joke isn't about laughing at the event itself or the tragic outcome of the event. Nobody who laughs at a sick joke actually finds people dying or being blown up funny. It's you that's struggling to grasp that concept. Or perhaps you do understand it but you still felt the need to try and point-score to make yourself look clever. Who knows?

emotwords0zo.gif

Man, just shut the fuck up already. And before you reply...

<-------------

That badge is there for a reason. You will not win. Now fuck off.

42019[/snapback]

Steve.

You're a fucking moron.

Good luck with your sad forum "status".

Guess what, AF? You're not the only one to have friends in London, believe it or not. A friend of mine got off one of the tubes that blew up. She got off at Kings Cross and it blew up 4 minutes later. My uncle who was a pilot for United airlines at the time of 9/11 was sat on the tarmac of JFK airport waiting to take off when one of the planes ahead of him took off and flew into the Twin Towers where his daughter worked (she was at home with a sick child that day) We could go round in circles with this, and no doubt you'll drag it up again in the future, but it won't make any difference. I think this pretty much sums it up..

A sick joke isn't about laughing at the event itself or the tragic outcome of the event. Nobody who laughs at a sick joke actually finds people dying or being blown up funny. It's you that's struggling to grasp that concept.
Edited by catmag

Guess what, AF?  You're not the only one to have friends in London, believe it or not.  A friend of mine got off one of the tubes that blew up.  She got off at Kings Cross and it blew up 4 minutes later. My uncle who was a pilot for United airlines at the time of 9/11 was sat on the tarmac of JFK airport waiting to take off when one of the planes ahead of him took off and flew into the Twin Towers where his daughter worked (she was at home with a sick child that day)  We could go round in circles with this, and no doubt you'll drag it up again in the future, but it won't make any difference.  I think pretty much sums it up..

A sick joke isn't about laughing at the event itself or the tragic outcome of the event. Nobody who laughs at a sick joke actually finds people dying or being blown up funny. It's you that's struggling to grasp that concept.

42023[/snapback]

Didn't say I was....

The jokes you make on your shift are a coping mechanism for the grim realities of your job.

The jokes about terrorism, racism and paedophilia were not serving the same purpose. They were designed to "entertain" and shock.

That's my fundamental point but I agree, we are going round in circles.

Didn't say I was....

The jokes you make on your shift are a coping mechanism for the grim realities of your job.

The jokes about terrorism, racism and paedophilia were not serving the same purpose. They were designed to "entertain" and shock.

42026[/snapback]

My dark humour isn't confined to my work :duuno:

If you find all un-PC jokes offensive, then don't read the threads and don't judge others for having made them or responded to them - people are free to react how they do to things and they all have a concept where it would be inappropriate to do so. It doesn't make them the scum of the earth. Have you no friends that have ever cracked a sick joke down the pub? Are you still friends with them or did you think "that's disgusting, I don't want to be around someone like you :lol:"

A sick joke isn't about laughing at the event itself or the tragic outcome of the event.  Nobody who laughs at a sick joke actually finds people dying or being blown up funny.  It's you that's struggling to grasp that concept.  Or perhaps you do understand it but you still felt the need to try and point-score to make yourself look clever.  Who knows?

42017[/snapback]

Do you get this yet? I normally wouldn't rub it in when someone ends up looking a bit silly in a thread, but you were trying particularly hard to patronise me before I had to spell out this most simple of concepts to you. :lol:

Didn't say I was....

42026[/snapback]

My dark humour isn't confined to my work :duuno:

If you find all un-PC jokes offensive, then don't read the threads and don't judge others for having made them or responded to them - people are free to react how they do to things and they all have a concept where it would be inappropriate to do so. It doesn't make them the scum of the earth. Have you no friends that have ever cracked a sick joke down the pub? Are you still friends with them or did you think "that's disgusting, I don't want to be around someone like you :lol:"

42028[/snapback]

I DO say to my friends when I don't like a joke, but to be quite honest, my friends don't really tell those kind of jokes.

Also I'm not judging you, I was asking a reasonable question and I appreciate your responses.

It's not a minority view IMO, I know barriers get broken down all the time, but sometimes we can look back and say when things go to far.

Obviously we have different opinions that's all really. If I've offended you then I apologise.

The people climbing out of the woodwork to have a pop clearly have a different agenda.

I DO say to my friends when I don't like a joke, but to be quite honest, my friends don't really tell those kind of jokes.

Also I'm not judging you, I was asking a reasonable question and I appreciate your responses.

It's not a minority view IMO, I know barriers get broken down all the time, but sometimes we can look back and say when things go to far.

Obviously we have different opinions that's all really. If I've offended you then I apologise.

The people climbing out of the woodwork to have a pop clearly have a different agenda.

42031[/snapback]

I'm not offended at all because I know that cracking a bit of a smile at a contraversial joke doesn't make me the worst person in the world!

Anyway, I'm off to save some lives. I'll try to resist making sick jokes about my patients while I'm there :lol:

A sick joke isn't about laughing at the event itself or the tragic outcome of the event.  Nobody who laughs at a sick joke actually finds people dying or being blown up funny.  It's you that's struggling to grasp that concept.  Or perhaps you do understand it but you still felt the need to try and point-score to make yourself look clever.  Who knows?

42017[/snapback]

Do you get this yet? I normally wouldn't rub it in when someone ends up looking a bit silly in a thread, but you were trying particularly hard to patronise me before I had to spell out this most simple of concepts to you. :huh:

42029[/snapback]

When the event is real, I can't find the joke funny. If you're able to separate the two, then that's your right.

It doesn't mean these jokes don't offend people though and I'd be surprised if you'd tell these "harmless" jokes to the families of victims. The things that YOU find acceptable may not be acceptable to others. The "warning" on the thread was as effective a caveat as Ron Atkinson's "I've got some black friends" line.

Is Ron Atkinson racist? In my opinion- no probably not.

Was what he said ok? Well I think we know the answer to that.

As for being patronsing, well I think we both did our share of that. :lol:

42031[/snapback]

I'm not offended at all because I know that cracking a bit of a smile at a contraversial joke doesn't make me the worst person in the world!

Anyway, I'm off to save some lives. I'll try to resist making sick jokes about my patients while I'm there :lol:

42034[/snapback]

Well cheers for that catmag... :huh: I was gracious enough to try and consider if I'd upset you and apologised.

As for being patronsing, well I think we both did our share of that.  :D

42036[/snapback]

How very dare you! :nufc:

Re Ron Atkinson: Did anyone see Balls of Steel on Friday night? The look on his face when that lass told him she had a present for him, rummaged around in her bag, and produced her middle finger right in his face was priceless. :lol:

When he then asked what that was supposed to be and she said "It's my finger. Do you like it?" I thought he was going to batter her. :huh:

As for being patronsing, well I think we both did our share of that.  :D

42036[/snapback]

How very dare you! :nufc:

Re Ron Atkinson: Did anyone see Balls of Steel on Friday night? The look on his face when that lass told him she had a present for him, rummaged around in her bag, and produced her middle finger right in his face was priceless. :lol:

When he then asked what that was supposed to be and she said "It's my finger. Do you like it?" I thought he was going to batter her. :huh:

42039[/snapback]

:icon_lol:

Well cheers for that catmag... :D  I was gracious enough to try and consider if I'd upset you and apologised.

42038[/snapback]

Pack in being a martyr man before I have to book you in for a sense of humour transplant! :lol::huh:

Catmag,

I honestly can't understand why you told jokes about suicide bombers when you seem genuinely upset by what happened in Bali?

I'm not having a go, it just seems strange.

41882[/snapback]

Get the fuck out of here....

Read the title of the thread those jokes were posted in. Just because people pass on a joke, doesn't mean that they're not affected by events that take place...

Get a grip!