More bombs in Bali

catmag

Catmag,

I honestly can't understand why you told jokes about suicide bombers when you seem genuinely upset by what happened in Bali?

I'm not having a go, it just seems strange.

41882[/snapback]

Get the fuck out of here....

Read the title of the thread those jokes were posted in. Just because people pass on a joke, doesn't mean that they're not affected by events that take place...

Get a grip!

42065[/snapback]

If you can't understand how idiotic it is to simultaneously make light of an event and then say how awful it is then you're beyond stupid.

I asked catmag (not you) a civil question.

No need for your pathetic attack on me.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If you can't understand how idiotic it is to simultaneously make light of an event and then say how awful it is then you're beyond stupid.

42106[/snapback]

I have tried to be civil towards you and answer your posts in a reasonable fashion. Can you show me where I've done anything 'simultaneously' and I would appreciate it if you didn't refer to me as 'idiotic' thank you very much as it's incredibly disrespectful. You don't know me and therefore have no right to judge me or my responses to anything on here. :lol:

Catmag,

I honestly can't understand why you told jokes about suicide bombers when you seem genuinely upset by what happened in Bali?

41882[/snapback]

Read the title of the thread those jokes were posted in. Just because people pass on a joke, doesn't mean that they're not affected by events that take place...

Get a grip!

42065[/snapback]

42106[/snapback]

A sick joke isn't about laughing at the event itself or the tragic outcome of the event. Nobody who laughs at a sick joke actually finds people dying or being blown up funny.

This is the 4th time this has been pointed out to you in this thread. How many more times before the penny drops?

Catmag,

41882[/snapback]

Get a grip!

42065[/snapback]

42106[/snapback]

If that's the case then

p_pm.gif

If you don't want others responding to what was, lets face it, another bout of attention seeking, then don't make it public - it's what the PM facility is for...

Jokes are a coping mechanism for many people, simple as.

42123[/snapback]

Yes they are.

How can you reasonably claim that the jokes in thread were posted in order for you all to be able to "cope"?

Attention seeking tbh.

42121[/snapback]

No, I'm just voicing an opinion that most people here disagree with.

I just don't understand the two actions side by side and wanted to know the motive.

As it turns out, it's a fairly interesting debate when you take away the insults. You may disagree, but isn't that what this part of the forum is for?

Attention seeking tbh.

42121[/snapback]

I just don't understand the two actions side by side and wanted to know the motive.

As it turns out, it's a fairly interesting debate when you take away the insults. You may disagree, but isn't that what this part of the forum is for?

42132[/snapback]

I actually think that some jokes about events, especially just after they've happened can be a bit 'close to the bone'. However I think it's 'idiotic' to use your phrase to assume that someone making this kind of joke, or laughing at it, thinks people being killed in terrorist attacks is funny. I wouldn't agree it's an interesting debate though, you've made the same point, in several threads, several times iirc.

Attention seeking tbh.

42121[/snapback]

42132[/snapback]

I actually think that some jokes about events, especially just after they've happened can be a bit 'close to the bone'. However I think it's 'idiotic' to use your phrase to assume that someone making this kind of joke, or laughing at it, thinks people being killed in terrorist attacks is funny. I wouldn't agree it's an interesting debate though, you've made the same point, in several threads, several times iirc.

42135[/snapback]

Ok so we disagree, I made my point and I stand by it.

42123[/snapback]

Yes they are.

How can you reasonably claim that the jokes in thread were posted in order for you all to be able to "cope"?

42130[/snapback]

I didn't say it would help me cope, I said they were a coping mechanism. People don't want to dwell on terrible events, so they do what they can to lessen the terrible extent of the event by making jokeas bout it. You can debate the right and wrong of this of course I agree, but I'm just saying it's what British people have always done.

Attention seeking tbh.

42121[/snapback]

42132[/snapback]

42135[/snapback]

Ok so we disagree, I made my point and I stand by it.

42136[/snapback]

So you think all people who do joke about terrorist attacks find people being killed by terrorists funny? Is that what you are saying?

42123[/snapback]

Yes they are.

42130[/snapback]

I didn't say it would help me cope, I said they were a coping mechanism. People don't want to dwell on terrible events, so they do what they can to lessen the terrible extent of the event by making jokeas bout it. You can debate the right and wrong of this of course I agree, but I'm just saying it's what British people have always done.

42138[/snapback]

Yes, but you can't say that excuses ALL jokes, can you? Is nothing off limits?

I seem to have a lower threshold of what I find distasteful than most people here.

Also you must agree that this nation has lived in relative comfort and security for 60 years. I can't see how any of us here can say we've needed this type of humour to cope with our situation. Also I don't think my elderly neighbours (who lived through the war) would find any of these jokes funny.

I think we've become addicted to the "shock factor" of these jokes.

Attention seeking tbh.

42121[/snapback]

42132[/snapback]

So in one breath you're saying that it's a private discussion with Catmag so no-one else is allowed to respond but in the next you're advertising it as 'interesting debate'.....

Make your mind up will you? :lol:

So you think all people who do joke about terrorist attacks find people being killed by terrorists funny? Is that what you are saying?

42143[/snapback]

No, I just find it odd to hear a joke about it one day and a link to a catastrophe the next.

It seems (to me) that one of them has to be insincere. I don't honestly think that people here do think it's funny so I find it really strange that there are jokes about it.

My problem as I've said before is with the jokes themselves. And sorry, but I don't buy the "coping" theory.

No we just disagree.......

Thanks for the unnecessary crap guys! You didn't let me down  :lol:

You're really not good at opinions outside the pack are you.

42155[/snapback]

Wow, you're dead different and original. Write something about it on your schoolbag so everyone knows.

No we just disagree.......

Thanks for the unnecessary crap guys ! You didn't let me down  :huh:

You're really not good at opinions outside the pack are you.

42155[/snapback]

The IRONY! :lol:

Can I just point out the thread title again....

"The Bad Taste Joke Thread...., Don't look if easily offended"

42156[/snapback]

Yes, but that's a bit vague is it not?

I wouldn't consider not laughing at racism, terrorism and paedophilia as being particularly weird.

You do realise that's Bernard Manning's defence don't you? :lol:

42156[/snapback]

I wouldn't consider not laughing at racism, terrorism and paedophilia as being particularly weird.

42163[/snapback]

I agree with you actually and I did at the time. You've made this point enough times though surely?

42156[/snapback]

42163[/snapback]

To be fair like, it was in a thread title. You'd be left with some pretty unwieldy titles if you were wanting the disclaimers spelt out as specifically as you seem to think is necessary.