More bombs in Bali

catmag

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't believe it's been three years since the last attack there.

It seems like yesterday.

41706[/snapback]

I thought exactly the same thing when I just read that article. I thought it was much more recent than that.

Fuck fuck fuck fuck. Where in Bali exactly are the bombs? A friend of mine flew into Bali on Wednesday. Oh shit, this is not good. :blink:

41739[/snapback]

Same place as last time - 2 bombs in the Jimbaran beach resort and the third in Kuta...

At least 25 dead now, fucking arseholes who's done this! :lol:

Sad to see this happen again to such wonderful people over in Bali. Yet again their main industry of tourism will collapse for a good few months before anyone bothers to go back to Bali. It is sad to see as they were well and truely getting over the terrorist attacks from 2002.

Jimbaran Bay is a beautiful place to go and the place is seriously lined with tourists and restaurants. Its sad to see such a beautiful place bombed like that. One of my mates has a balianese mate who works in one of the restaurant along Jimbaran Bay so i hope he is alright.

Here are a couple of pictures i took when i was recently over in Bali at Jimbaran Bay. As you can see the the beach is literally covered with hundreds of tourists and restaurants. The other picture is why people go to Jimbaran Bay with beautiful sunsets like that!

20050111bali00542ns.th.jpg

20050111bali00513pc.th.jpg

Catmag,

I honestly can't understand why you told jokes about suicide bombers when you seem genuinely upset by what happened in Bali?

I'm not having a go, it just seems strange.

41882[/snapback]

Here we go, you really do make a rod for your own back

:lol:

Catmag,

I honestly can't understand why you told jokes about suicide bombers when you seem genuinely upset by what happened in Bali?

41882[/snapback]

Here we go, you really do make a rod for your own back

:blink:

41883[/snapback]

I'd like to know how she can simultaneously laugh at something one day and then find it appalling the next.

I'm sure my "reputation" will degenerate this conversation into a slanging match, but I think it's a fair enough point.

"tbh"TM :lol: etc

Catmag,

41882[/snapback]

\o/

Catmag,

41882[/snapback]

Because we're British, and this is what we do!

Just as the Londoners (and the rest of the uk industrial city's citizens) made jokes when the bombs were falling all around them during WW2.

There is so much shit going on in the world that we make jokes about things in order not to walk around with a fuckin' miserable expression all the time.

To think that someone who makes a joke doesn't care, or is immune to the pain that relatives are suffering, would be a totally wrong assumption to make imo.

Catmag,

41882[/snapback]

Because we're British, and this is what we do!

Just as the Londoners (and the rest of the uk industrial city's citizens) made jokes when the bombs were falling all around them during WW2.

There is so much shit going on in the world that we make jokes about things in order not to walk around with a fuckin' miserable expression all the time.

To think that someone who makes a joke doesn't care, or is immune to the pain that relatives are suffering, would be a totally wrong assumption to make imo.

41931[/snapback]

I agree. But I can watch The Office or Peter Kaye to amuse myself.

This idea that we HAVE to joke about everything is neither here nor there.

I don't like jokes that need to be in really bad taste to be "funny".

Billy Connolly made a joke about Ken Bigley before he was murdered. How sincere would you think he was being if afterwards he went on about how barbaric it was? (although if there was some TV exposure going I'm sure he'd sign up to be part of the benefit gig. :blink::lol: )

*waits for feverish hunting down of bad taste jokes in The Office and Peter Kaye*

41940[/snapback]

Black mans cock.

41949[/snapback]

And you'll also understand why that joke was told by David Brent rather than Neil! :lol:

Catmag,

41882[/snapback]

somebody please get me a "bangheadofftable" smilie.

Catmag,

41882[/snapback]

somebody please get me a "bangheadofftable" smilie.

41961[/snapback]

Was I talking to you?

What are you adding to the debate?

Would you find it AT ALL strange if I told a paedophile joke on one thread and then linked to a story about a child molesting case on another?

For fuck sake at least try to make an argument. :lol:

What's worse than Michael Jackson putting your kids to bed?

Ian Huntley bathing them first.

AF you can find the story tbh.

Edited by Sima

What's worse than Michael Jackson putting your kids to bed?

Ian Huntley bathing them first.

AF you can find the story tbh.

41976[/snapback]

Well done on missing the point. You have to show genuine dismay at a similar news story.

You really aren't very good at this argument concept are you! :lol:

AF, I know you do this stuff to try and get under people's skin and to be a bit controversial, but I can absolutely assure you that you just end up making yourself look like a contrary fucking arsehole every time. People aren't biting or reacting to you because you're clever and you've stumped them - they just can't believe you could be such a cock.

EDIT - PS Well done for fucking up a thread about people dying in a terrorist attack so that you could try and make yourself look clever.

Edited by Gemmill

AF, I know you do this stuff to try and get under people's skin and to be a bit controversial, but I can absolutely assure you that you just end up making yourself look like a contrary fucking arsehole every time.  People aren't biting or reacting to you because you're clever and you've stumped them - they just can't believe you could be such a cock.

EDIT - PS Well done for fucking up a thread about people dying in a terrorist attack so that you could try and make yourself look clever.

41988[/snapback]

No I don't. I found the jokes on that thread deeply offensive and you all rallyed round saying it was fine. I got the piss ripped out of me for daring to go against the herd.

If you want to take potshots then fill your boots but it's a bit rich to then accuse ME of taking over a thread. I addressed my point to catmag and not you. You chose to wade in acting like the voice of reason.

If you can find a way of tallying jokes about something awful, then subsequently saying how appalling it is, then make your fucking point.

If you can't (which I strongly suspect) SHUT THE FUCK UP.