Newcastle and Hearts on top table after G14 break-up

Tom

A. You do not have a bigger local fan base than us. Newcastle only has a population of 300K, London is a lot more densly and trust me there will be a lot more than 300K spurs fans in the capital. so even if every geordie was a football fan (let alone a newcastle supporter) you wouldnt get close on that front.

B. You have been out of the top flight a lot more recently than we have.

C. We have won more trophies in both recent and more long term history than you have.

D. We have more of a European pedigree than you do.

By any possible measure you can come up with apart from stadium size and turnover due to stadium sicze, we are a bigger club.

As I say it doesnt really matter who the bigger club is, glory/trophies/playing football in the right manner is all that really counts.

And they STILL haven't invited you to the table?

:o

:D

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A. You do not have a bigger local fan base than us. Newcastle only has a population of 300K, London is a lot more densly and trust me there will be a lot more than 300K spurs fans in the capital. so even if every geordie was a football fan (let alone a newcastle supporter) you wouldnt get close on that front.

C. We have won more trophies in both recent and more long term history than you have.

By any possible measure you can come up with apart from stadium size and turnover due to stadium sicze, we are a bigger club.

As I say it doesnt really matter who the bigger club is, glory/trophies/playing football in the right manner is all that really counts.

And they STILL haven't invited you to the table?

:D

We have established the decision was based on Uefa coefficient which we will be surpassing you with this season.

What makes you say that?

Could have done with a few of them turning up when you were getting gates of 10k and less :D

A bigger man would have stopped goading the poor lad ages ago.

It's times like this I'm glad I'm a horrible fuck :D

I am not insecure with my clubs place in the world. I understand that we are not a United or Liverpool. I also understand that we are a bigger club than Newcastle.

I'd say we were of comparative size, certainly don't think Spurs is bigger than Newcastle. You've had historical success, you've been in the top flight for a fair amount of time, you've a decent sized fan base and you're consistently spoken about as a big club. But so; have, have, have and are, we.

We've a bigger local fan base, but I'd agree that's because we don't live in the shadow of a larger more successful club. We've got plenty of history and it's simply a matter of choice what you class as success. Every season we're in the media spotlight, either them loving us or hating us... which ever it is, one thing's for sure; We're too big to ignore. You're the media darlings every year, every year the "dark horse" and every year you flatter then fail.

You're basing your "spurs is a bigger club than Newcastle " on... a recent pot? Does that mean Middlesbrough are a bigger club than us? I mean they've had European football recently, they've won a cup...

We raised this thread because we knew it would put your nose out of joint and you'd leap to the defence of your team. So desperate to be viewed as a big club, just like Villa etc.

if you'd not cared, you'd have lent credence to your claims that you don't care, you'd lend resolve to your assertion that you're a big club. If you know you're big, why do you need to defend it?

Maybe 20 years ago. These days, no chance!

Guest Stevie

What a total wank. There are nearly 900,000 people on Tyneside. The true local hardcore toon area where your never more than 10 miles from the toon is well over a million. Newcastle are supported in vast numbers in every town city and village from Edinburgh to Leeds, even in Cumbria. We have a large fanbase right across the country, and we could fill our away in end in London just based on London toon fans, and geordie diaspora. In short you are a total wank if you think Tottenham's fanbase is even 1/3rd of ours in the UK let alone bigger?

In every possible way we are a bigger club than Spurs other than League Cups and second rate European trophies. As I have said without question Sunderland, who know their place with regards to us, are a far bigger club than Tottenham, you total wank.

No one notices or cares about Spurs, I've even seen threads on your message boards I've been linked basically being jealous of the media coverage ourselves and Chelsea get in comparison to yourselves. No one wants to talk about you, you're not an interesting club you're just there, people like The Fish coming out with statements like "most Newcastle fans think we're about the same as Spurs" he's talking out of his backside, I'm confident I know and have more Newcastle supporting friends than the fish and everyone of them would say you're more comparable to Boro than the fuckin Toon.

What a total wank. There are nearly 900,000 people on Tyneside. The true local hardcore toon area where your never more than 10 miles from the toon is well over a million.

To be fair, a large number of those are from South Tyneside Stevie, you can't have it both ways. :D

Guest Stevie

Hand on heart I don't think of them as much more than a Boro though and that's not a wind up. We always expect to beat them, they don't have many fans, the fans they do have are shit, I just look down my nose at them as a club.

We're talking about a club we've hammered 5 times in a row, they've all been hammerings, a club we beat 7-1, 6-1 and 4-0 in the space of 6 years, they're pathetic, who are they? I remember going to the Semi Final in 1999, thinking the same things about what a mickey mouse club they were, again their fans were pathetic, they were shit on the pitch, mind we weren't much better, but I remember coming out of the ground and hearing their fans talking to each other "their support is astonishing, what a club they could be", and they're right on both counts. A club is nothing without its support, and on that score alone we are so far away from Tottenham it's more than a joke to compare the two clubs.

Hand on heart I don't think of them as much more than a Boro though and that's not a wind up.

I stopped reading at this point.

Guest Stevie
Hand on heart I don't think of them as much more than a Boro though and that's not a wind up.

I don't though, and that's genuine. Boro is a nothing game when they come here we expect to win and normally draw, same as we expect to win against Spurs and we normally do.

I don't though, and that's genuine. Boro is a nothing game when they come here we expect to win and normally draw, same as we expect to win against Spurs and we normally do.

newcashmt1.png

Seriously Stevie, dont you think you should do you research before making such wild claims?

newcashmt1.png

Seriously Stevie, dont you think you should do you research before making such wild claims?

Played 2 neutral... 1 loss, 0 wins, 0 draws?

newcashmt1.png

Played 2 neutral... 1 loss, 0 wins, 0 draws?

Yeah that should be 2 lost, that colum doesnt cast down properly.

The stats are good however.

Guest Stevie

newcashmt1.png

Considering you're a kid I doubt you went to a game pre 1990 so lets have a look since then at games in living memory and why we expect to win.

2007/2008 Sun 30 Mar Tottenham H. 1 - 4 Newcastle Utd. Premier League

Mon 22 Oct Newcastle Utd. 3 - 1 Tottenham H. Premier League

2006/2007

Sun 14 Jan Tottenham H. 2 - 3 Newcastle Utd. Premiership

Sat 23 Dec Newcastle Utd. 3 - 1 Tottenham H. Premiership

2005/2006

Sat 01 Apr Newcastle Utd. 3 - 1 Tottenham H. Premiership

Sat 31 Dec Tottenham H. 2 - 0 Newcastle Utd. Premiership

2004/2005

Sun 10 Apr Tottenham H. 1 - 0 Newcastle Utd. Premiership

Sun 13 Mar Newcastle Utd. 1 - 0 Tottenham H. F.A. Cup

Sat 21 Aug Newcastle Utd. 0 - 1 Tottenham H. Premiership

2003/2004

Sun 14 Mar Tottenham H. 1 - 0 Newcastle Utd. Premiership

Sat 13 Dec Newcastle Utd. 4 - 0 Tottenham H. Premiership

2002/2003

Wed 29 Jan Tottenham H. 0 - 1 Newcastle Utd. Premiership

Sun 29 Dec Newcastle Utd. 2 - 1 Tottenham H. Premiership

2001/2002

Wed 30 Jan Tottenham H. 1 - 3 Newcastle Utd. Premiership

Sun 21 Oct Newcastle Utd. 0 - 2 Tottenham H. Premiership

2000/2001

Tue 02 Jan Tottenham H. 4 - 2 Newcastle Utd. Premiership

Sat 26 Aug Newcastle Utd. 2 - 0 Tottenham H. Premiership

1999/2000

Wed 22 Dec Newcastle Utd. 6 - 1 Tottenham H. F.A. Cup

Sun 12 Dec Tottenham H. 1 - 1 Newcastle Utd. F.A. Cup

Sun 28 Nov Newcastle Utd. 2 - 1 Tottenham H. Premiership

Mon 09 Aug Tottenham H. 3 - 1 Newcastle Utd. Premiership

1998/1999

Sun 11 Apr Newcastle Utd. 2 - 0 Tottenham H. F.A. Cup

Mon 05 Apr Newcastle Utd. 1 - 1 Tottenham H. Premiership

Sat 24 Oct Tottenham H. 2 - 0 Newcastle Utd. Premiership

1997/1998

Sat 25 Apr Tottenham H. 2 - 0 Newcastle Utd. Premiership

Sat 04 Oct Newcastle Utd. 1 - 0 Tottenham H. Premiership

1996/1997

Sat 28 Dec Newcastle Utd. 7 - 1 Tottenham H. Premiership

Sat 07 Sep Tottenham H. 1 - 2 Newcastle Utd. Premiership

1995/1996

Sun 05 May Newcastle Utd. 1 - 1 Tottenham H. Premiership [/b]

Sun 29 Oct Tottenham H. 1 - 1 Newcastle Utd. Premiership

1994/1995

Wed 03 May Newcastle Utd. 3 - 3 Tottenham H. Premiership

Sat 03 Dec Tottenham H. 4 - 2 Newcastle Utd. Premiership

1993/1994

Sat 04 Dec Tottenham H. 1 - 2 Newcastle Utd. Premiership

Sat 14 Aug Newcastle Utd. 0 - 1 Tottenham H.

Newcastle 19 Draws 5 Tottenham Whotspur 11 F63 A43

So in the 35 games we've played in the last 2 decades we've won nearly double the amount against you than you have against us

Guest Stevie

We should lock this thread, no one in their right mind could possibly say they're even as big as us.

I reckon it should be locked.

Hand on heart I don't think of them as much more than a Boro though and that's not a wind up. We always expect to beat them, they don't have many fans, the fans they do have are shit, I just look down my nose at them as a club.

We're talking about a club we've hammered 5 times in a row, they've all been hammerings, a club we beat 7-1, 6-1 and 4-0 in the space of 6 years, they're pathetic, who are they? I remember going to the Semi Final in 1999, thinking the same things about what a mickey mouse club they were, again their fans were pathetic, they were shit on the pitch, mind we weren't much better, but I remember coming out of the ground and hearing their fans talking to each other "their support is astonishing, what a club they could be", and they're right on both counts. A club is nothing without its support, and on that score alone we are so far away from Tottenham it's more than a joke to compare the two clubs.

Nearly spot on for once!

Nearly spot on for once!

I feel totally vindicated.

Edited by Danny B

It's ridiculous to suggest Spurs are on the same level as Boro. At this particular moment in time they are a more attractive proposition to potential transfer targets though, that can't really be argued with.