Gazza Offered Coaching Role???

ohhh_yeah

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It doesn't seem like a healthy way to live if you ask me, especially if you're an alcoholic.

Me neither but then who's to say the club won't provide him with living accomodation in which he'd be catered for in the same way that he is at the moment only with his employers able to keep a close eye on him?

So as well as paying him, we give him free board and lodge? You're getting sentimental in your old age Craig. He made as many appearances for spurs as he did for us you know. Their chairman is happier to throw money away than ours, maybe they can look after him?

Doesn't have to be a one-way street. Who's to say we wouldn't benefit from it?

And anyway, it's not like the club don't house a good proportion of their payroll is it? :rolleyes:

In all honesty if they could restrain him from running around the place with with two swearing parrots (plastic or otherwise) to just on a week day, he'd probably pay for himself in publicity and frankly possibly help attract players too.

Today's players maybe don't remember Keegan so well, but a lot must still remember Gazza.

I hope this comes off and I hope he sorts himself out.

Surely theres some good therapy even a rampant alcoholic can go through to make a difference?

Also if he's back in football (for a decent club) perhaps He might want to make the change!

I think though if he's giving a coaching role he'd probably be like Glenn Hoddle in the way that apparently Hoddle used to believe he was still the best player in training, not that Gazza would do that, as he is arrogant but not in the way Hoddle is, but he'd end up playing more than coaching if you get my drift.

In all honesty if they could restrain him from running around the place with with two swearing parrots (plastic or otherwise) to just on a week day, he'd probably pay for himself in publicity and frankly possibly help attract players too.

Today's players maybe don't remember Keegan so well, but a lot must still remember Gazza.

:rolleyes:

I think though if he's giving a coaching role he'd probably be like Glenn Hoddle in the way that apparently Hoddle used to believe he was still the best player in training, not that Gazza would do that, as he is arrogant but not in the way Hoddle is, but he'd end up playing more than coaching if you get my drift.

As far as I'm concerned he can do what he likes as long as it stops him topping himself.

As far as I'm concerned he can do what he likes as long as it stops him topping himself.

Yup, and he'd probably be good for morale in a way Hoddle wouldn't be, although in fairness I guess both Gazza and Hoddle could still teach some player (and ours certainly) a lot, even if they weren't anything like the players they used to be.

Agreed, whether he is a hindrance or not (he may even be a benefit) to the club, I'd like to see us do something for him as he was a fantastic player and, in my opinion, the game owes him something.

As far as I'm concerned, there is still room for sentiment in football, and we should be making a special case for Gazza.

He is still the best English player I have ever seen in my lifetime.

Agreed, whether he is a hindrance or not (he may even be a benefit) to the club, I'd like to see us do something for him as he was a fantastic player and, in my opinion, the game owes him something.

As far as I'm concerned, there is still room for sentiment in football, and we should be making a special case for Gazza.

He is still the best English player I have ever seen in my lifetime.

:rolleyes:

anyway out of interest is there any truth in all this as I dont seeme to have seen it reported anyway?

:rolleyes:, but with the way the club is being run, it's probably not something you'll really know about until it happened, and perhaps not even so much then.