Do yourself a favour and don't buy the NotW the'morra

Ketsbaia

Okay, how many times does Ashley have to say HE'S NOT SELLING UP!!! He's already stated he's looking for investment, why can't the media get it through their thick skulls? Investments and take-overs ARE NOT the same thing. What a bunch of half-witted, useless journo hack bollocks.

He'll have his price. Not sure why an Indian billionaire would be interested in "investing" his money in us though.......

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hope its true as clearly Ashley isnt going to spend the kind of money that will allow us to push the top four. An owner that isnt bothered about making money from the club is a big plus

is the correct answer

Don't understand why everybody defends Ashley all the time. Selling the club for that money gets him all his money back, including paying off the ground. He would be a fool to turn it down. Most of the things he has done has suggested he was making the club a saleable item rather than a long term success on the field.

We will see, but if I were him, I'd take it. And if the owner is someone like this, and he's geninely interested in the football, then its for the best.

Playing devils advocate here. what exactly has Ashley done wrong since coming giving that we're now a debt free club in Prem?

I think it's a balance - making the club a "proper" business with no debts is great but I'd still like to see a possibly one-off splurge to get us going. Maybe him selling now to someone else to do part b is the best of both worlds.

Might not be a bad thing if this Anal Ambarmy buys us.....an upgrade in billionaire, plenty of money for transfers.......Kingfisher and curry pies in Shearers Bar......and maybe with a bit of imagination we could go even further: Taj Mahal styling added to the ground, lepers begging outside, police on elephants on match day, some ritual burnings before the match to liven things up. If Oliver puts a foot wrong we send the thugees round to feed him his balls.

But the main thing is we shouldn't get carried away with cultural sterotyping :nufc:

:icon_lol:

Hooking up with an Indian billionaire with the same kind of money as Roman would be a good thing for us. Think of the shirt sales on the sub-continent!!!!!

"Howay man" routinely heard in the big Indian cities? :blink:

Hope its true as clearly Ashley isnt going to spend the kind of money that will allow us to push the top four. An owner that isnt bothered about making money from the club is a big plus

is the correct answer

Don't understand why everybody defends Ashley all the time. Selling the club for that money gets him all his money back, including paying off the ground. He would be a fool to turn it down. Most of the things he has done has suggested he was making the club a saleable item rather than a long term success on the field.

We will see, but if I were him, I'd take it. And if the owner is someone like this, and he's geninely interested in the football, then its for the best.

For us it should be a no-brainer.....

Might not be a bad thing if this Anal Ambarmy buys us.....an upgrade in billionaire, plenty of money for transfers.......Kingfisher and curry pies in Shearers Bar......and maybe with a bit of imagination we could go even further: Taj Mahal styling added to the ground, lepers begging outside, police on elephants on match day, some ritual burnings before the match to liven things up. If Oliver puts a foot wrong we send the thugees round to feed him his balls.

But the main thing is we shouldn't get carried away with cultural sterotyping :nufc:

Hooking up with an Indian billionaire with the same kind of money as Roman would be a good thing for us. Think of the shirt sales on the sub-continent!!!!!

They love it innit!!

I for one hope it's true, the timing would be excellent and this geezer has serious money not pennies like Ashley.

big mike will sell to the highest bidder, if he makes a few mil out of it then i am not one to begrudge him, as he has cleared the debt up from the farcical reign of fat fred.

trouble is we do have a paper thin squad and need reinforcements in some vital areas.

They love it innit!!

I for one hope it's true, the timing would be excellent and this geezer has serious money not pennies like Ashley.

Will they think Mark Viduka is phat?

big mike will sell to the highest bidder, if he makes a few mil out of it then i am not one to begrudge him, as he has cleared the debt up from the farcical reign of fat fred.

trouble is we do have a paper thin squad and need reinforcements in some vital areas.

Of course he would.

The psychology of the Indian businessman is also very very long term.

Who's told you that?

Of course he would.

Agreed. But I think he'd want a big score not a few mill. And even if we allow ourselves to dream of another Abramovich, there wouldn't be enough time to go on a Chelsea style spending spree before the season kicks off imo

Well, do you think we should have stuck with a 36,000 stadium, seeing as you are one of those condemning the "debt"

Another misrepresentation which makes me smile, is when people make out he did us a favour by paying it off. Quite simply, he was doing nothing other than what anyone else would do if they had the brass. Pay it off and stick it onto the asking price.

Of course he would.

Agreed. But I think he'd want a big score not a few mill. And even if we allow ourselves to dream of another Abramovich, there wouldn't be enough time to go on a Chelsea style spending spree before the season kicks off imo

Depends, if he sells Monday. :icon_lol::blink:

But this is the thing Kitty....We all want to show some kind of sanity, but the chance of serious money has turned our heads. At the end of the day it is the NOW and probably based on 10% truth.

Too many of these breaking the waves for their not to be something going on..

DIC

NYInvestment group

Red sea Group

Anil (Reliance Telecom)

The new far east lot.

For a telecom company in India pushing the brand into the European arena would be of interest imo.

Edited by Park Life

Well, do you think we should have stuck with a 36,000 stadium, seeing as you are one of those condemning the "debt"

Another misrepresentation which makes me smile, is when people make out he did us a favour by paying it off. Quite simply, he was doing nothing other than what anyone else would do if they had the brass. Pay it off and stick it onto the asking price.

:blink:

Playing devils advocate here. what exactly has Ashley done wrong since coming giving that we're now a debt free club in Prem?

No probs with what he's done on the business side, but as far as transfers go, he's looking like the worlds tightest billionaire.

I must admit, I expected more, a lot more when he took over. We should be making the sort of transfer splashes spurs have been doing, only more so.

Dared to call himself a billionaire yet hasn't hoyed stupid money at David Beckham in order to get him to sign :icon_lol:

He's an astute businessman and he's doing a job of getting the club in order after years of mismanagement from Fat Fred. Of course stuff like this only goes on behind the scenes and we don't see the immediate benefit on the pitch so people don't believe anything is actually going on.

I'll not lose a wink of sleep over this story. If it's true great, if not then i'm happy with Ashley as owner.

Surely you can see the benefit of paying off the debt for the club as well as Ashley.

Fuck the debt. :icon_lol:

Easier to say than to do.

Surely you can see the benefit of paying off the debt for the club as well as Ashley.

I think for the size of club we are, being debt free is great, but if bigger clubs can cope with debt based on an invest to succeed to service the debt type models then I wouldn't have a problem with an initial injection even if it did come from loans.

I honestly do think that £50m-100m would see us top 4.

Dared to call himself a billionaire yet hasn't hoyed stupid money at David Beckham in order to get him to sign :icon_lol:

He's an astute businessman and he's doing a job of getting the club in order after years of mismanagement from Fat Fred. Of course stuff like this only goes on behind the scenes and we don't see the immediate benefit on the pitch so people don't believe anything is actually going on.

I'll not lose a wink of sleep over this story. If it's true great, if not then i'm happy with Ashley as owner.

Imagine what he thinks about the money he spent last summer on the likes of Barton, Geremi, Viduka and Smith for starters

but if bigger clubs can cope with debt based on an invest to succeed to service the debt type models

Just thinking LM could argue this was how Shepherd operated which is fair enough but I think it would work better now on a much more solid base.

Easier to say than to do.

Lot of big clubs carry massive debt.

Basically investment on the pitch (not the grass bit) is vital to develop new revenue streams, if that doesn't happen paying off the debt, although good would be like a table with 3 legs.

Our turnover without Euro footie is between 85-90m, but it has been as high as 107m. With regular Euro footie and the odd CL season we could have a turnover of 120m which moves us into the bigger leagues. This is the time to strike while the Italian clubs are financially weak and we have vast TV money flows into the game - something which I suspect won't go on forever at these levels.