Do yourself a favour and don't buy the NotW the'morra

Ketsbaia

I'm surprised these people are choosing us to be honest. We're costing a lot more than Everton or Boro would, we have no connections to the far east, and if you look at a club like Arsenal, you can't get moved for turbans when you go to Highbury/Emirates, they could be a more cultural link and are a bigger club at present, so the question would be "why us"?

However, I will say my gut instinct is this has more credibility than other similar stories which have come before.

Newcastle is a sleeping giant with a very strong local footprint, it's more or less a monopoly with guraranteed income ratio's. My mate at Coutts values the club at £240m. We are the kind of club with the possibility to add significantly to turnover, correctly handled. The brand has a very strong possibility to grow in the far east.

Man U - Global brand

Liv - Global brand

Arsenal - Euro Brand

Chelsea - Becoming a Euro brand, but need to win the CL to take the step up.

After that the only other two clubs that are known in Euro are :

Spurs

Newcastle

Spurs ... Euro following ... :icon_lol::blink::nufc: Villa; Neverton and Forest are better known than Spurs.

Not true. They'd be 6th in terms of worldwide recognition I think well above Everton and Villa, and I've travelled enough to know that.

Yup.

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If there is any truth in this then I really hope we don't become another Chelsea, I really can't stand that club and their johnny-come-lately fans.

Winning the League and getting to all those finals would be awful too.

Buying the league and those finals. As much as Man U have done the same at least their growth has been organic, to just roll up and buy the league for £100m+ would seem like a slightly hollow victory to me.

On the other hand, if you can't beat them...

Edited by ewerk

Guest Stevie
If there is any truth in this then I really hope we don't become another Chelsea, I really can't stand that club and their johnny-come-lately fans.

It would be murder for all you out of towners, the likes of yourself, Happy Face etc...who would get branded gloryhunters straight away.

Apart from the odd exception just about everybody has always bought the league. And it's not like Chelsea came from nowhere. Even now you've got mainstays in the squad and the first XI that are still at the club who pre-date Abramovich turning up. I know what you're getting at though and they've got so many plastic fans etc. now.

Talking of buying the league, there was something interesting on the radio yesterday about the Jack Walker trust fund set up for Blackburn. It gives them virtually no advantage now, as transfer and wage costs have gone up so much in the last ten years anything they receive from it is a drop in the ocean.

I'm surprised these people are choosing us to be honest. We're costing a lot more than Everton or Boro would, we have no connections to the far east, and if you look at a club like Arsenal, you can't get moved for turbans when you go to Highbury/Emirates, they could be a more cultural link and are a bigger club at present, so the question would be "why us"?

However, I will say my gut instinct is this has more credibility than other similar stories which have come before.

Mong-tastic. Living half a mile away from the Emirates for the last few years, i don't think i've ever seen a turban round here. Turkish, Greeks, old Irish guys, local pikeys yeah, but never a turban.

But that's moving away from the main point of the thread.. A buyout to be a plaything of an individual, ala Chelsea and Abramovich doesn't really appeal.

In the ground you nobhead. At Highbury to the left of the away end, was like a scene from Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom every time we played there. The East Stand was the same.

:icon_lol:

I hate to say it but Stevies right, they have to have the highest ethnic attendance % down at the immigrants.

It would be murder for all you out of towners, the likes of yourself, Happy Face etc...who would get branded gloryhunters straight away.

Yeah nobody from outside the Stevie exclusion zone ever went pre 92 and no Sky boys could possible come from the city could they?

Fuck off again.

Mong-tastic. Living half a mile away from the Emirates for the last few years, i don't think i've ever seen a turban round here. Turkish, Greeks, old Irish guys, local pikeys yeah, but never a turban.

But that's moving away from the main point of the thread.. A buyout to be a plaything of an individual, ala Chelsea and Abramovich doesn't really appeal.

In the ground you nobhead. At Highbury to the left of the away end, was like a scene from Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom every time we played there. The East Stand was the same.

I hate to say it but Stevies right, they have to have the highest ethnic attendance % down at the immigrants.

I haven't been to the Emirates yet, but i've been a few times to Highbury, and never noticed anything of the like.

I haven't been to the Emirates yet, but i've been a few times to Highbury, and never noticed anything of the like.

From what I can gather a lot of this has sprung up post emirates (I have to be careful what I say here). A lot of old skool gooners I know are saying they are getting marginalised by the club.

There have been bannings for persistent standing and swearing and they feel that they are not welcome any more.

They think the new fans down there spend more and are less hassle so Arsenal are actively trying to encourage them.

I mean have you seen that fat yank pig with the cowboy hat who does is the "voice of the fans"?

Now I don't mean to be racist or sexist or whatever but 20 years ago would you see a black, female, American woman being the voice of anything to do with football?

Not going to feel sorry for the scum though, they get everything they deserve.

So this indian bloke come in and sacks keegan and appoints his own coach who also appoints his own staff.

a few players leave, a few come in and we reach the giddy heights of midtable.

having a transfer budget of 500m+ becomes completely irrelevant as nee one wants to sign for us and chooses london over newcastle.

press starts rumours of takeovers and fan unrest.....

deja-vu tbh.

Anil Ambani would transform this club into a powerhouse. Whatever the man has wanted to achieve, he has done it very sucessfully.

Regards,

Attain.

Is there anything in the Indian press about the takeover?

I live in England so I wouldn't know but I checked the Indian channels and there is nothing there.

Hope its true as clearly Ashley isnt going to spend the kind of money that will allow us to push the top four. An owner that isnt bothered about making money from the club is a big plus

Who's told you that?

Pretty easy to figure out mate. If MA was serious about us being able to challenge the top four then he would have sanctioned moves/paid wages of 5 or 6 top notch players plus added 3/4 squad players, which I think Gutherie/Bassoung will be. I hope Jonas turns out to be more than that and Collocini,by reputation, should also be.Although we have signed a few players they are far from the kind of players we should be signing if he is serious about even getting into Europe

I dont think MA wants to put the money in to that extent. IF the takeover talks are true AND they HAVE the funds to put in then I say it`s a good thing all round.

Ashley cleared the debt & got shut of Fat Fred, he will make a few quid out of the deal

KK will get the funds to sign the kind of players that we want to see at NUFC

Spurs are going in the direction we should be, who on here can seriously say that Bentley/Modric/Woodgate would not have been welcomed here

Newcastle is a sleeping giant with a very strong local footprint, it's more or less a monopoly with guraranteed income ratio's. My mate at Coutts values the club at £240m. We are the kind of club with the possibility to add significantly to turnover, correctly handled. The brand has a very strong possibility to grow in the far east.

Man U - Global brand

Liv - Global brand

Arsenal - Euro Brand

Spurs

Newcastle

Spurs ... Euro following ... :icon_lol::blink::nufc: Villa; Neverton and Forest are better known than Spurs.

Not true. They'd be 6th in terms of worldwide recognition I think well above Everton and Villa, and I've travelled enough to know that.

You haven't moved outside your own backdoor judging by the racist crap you go on with. Spurs don't have worldwide recognition ... didn't realize Neverton were fifth. Nobody follow spurs even Europewide ... why the hell would they? ...nothing club.

Hope its true as clearly Ashley isnt going to spend the kind of money that will allow us to push the top four. An owner that isnt bothered about making money from the club is a big plus

Who's told you that?

Pretty easy to figure out mate. If MA was serious about us being able to challenge the top four then he would have sanctioned moves/paid wages of 5 or 6 top notch players plus added 3/4 squad players, which I think Gutherie/Bassoung will be. I hope Jonas turns out to be more than that and Collocini,by reputation, should also be.Although we have signed a few players they are far from the kind of players we should be signing if he is serious about even getting into Europe

I dont think MA wants to put the money in to that extent. IF the takeover talks are true AND they HAVE the funds to put in then I say it`s a good thing all round.

Ashley cleared the debt & got shut of Fat Fred, he will make a few quid out of the deal

Spurs are going in the direction we should be, who on here can seriously say that Bentley/Modric/Woodgate would not have been welcomed here

It's not that clear cut. For a start we're at least a couple of seasons behind Spurs. Modric and Woodgate chose them over us. I think it's wrong to assume that's the fault of the chairman. And since you chose to compare us to Spurs, how can you have a go at a chairman who appears to be following their model in relation to building the club up? Even down to reducing the wage bill and so on. Spurs are at a different development stage to us which is why they are buying a different calibre of player.

Man U - Global brand

Liv - Global brand

Arsenal - Euro Brand

Spurs

Newcastle

You haven't moved outside your own backdoor judging by the racist crap you go on with. Spurs don't have worldwide recognition ... didn't realize Neverton were fifth. Nobody follow spurs even Europewide ... why the hell would they? ...nothing club.

You're wrong there although they don't have anywhere near the amount of plastic gloryhunters at certain other clubs I can think of.

Who's told you that?

It's not that clear cut. For a start we're at least a couple of seasons behind Spurs. Modric and Woodgate chose them over us. I think it's wrong to assume that's the fault of the chairman. And since you chose to compare us to Spurs, how can you have a go at a chairman who appears to be following their model in relation to building the club up? Even down to reducing the wage bill and so on. Spurs are at a different development stage to us which is why they are buying a different calibre of player.

So Ashley gets his wish, reduces the wage bill, we sign average players,Owen leaves for free next season,we have another nothing season and you will be happy?

It`s about selling a vision to players which clearly wasnt done to Woodgate/Modric. Aimar should have been wrapped up and we should have gone in big time for Bentley. We should be getting players like Santa Cruz from Blackburn but we are stuck with Smith/Ameobi great

Man U - Global brand

Liv - Global brand

Arsenal - Euro Brand

Spurs

Newcastle

You're wrong there although they don't have anywhere near the amount of plastic gloryhunters at certain other clubs I can think of.

No I'm not. I've travelled extensively for over 20 years and rarely seen a spurs shirt anywhere except by drunken expats ... which hardly implies worldwide support. Funny how you love the 'plastic' dig every time, yet think you support a big club with a potential worldwide fanbase. You'll never see that no matter who buys your club, because, like spurs, you're too backyard and that's where you'll stay.

The smalltown sentiments you express will never attract a bigger following ... thus leaving you and your club trailing in every respect.

Man U - Global brand

Liv - Global brand

Arsenal - Euro Brand

Spurs

Newcastle

No I'm not. I've travelled extensively for over 20 years and rarely seen a spurs shirt anywhere except by drunken expats ... which hardly implies worldwide support. Funny how you love the 'plastic' dig every time, yet think you support a big club with a potential worldwide fanbase. You'll never see that no matter who buys your club, because, like spurs, you're too backyard and that's where you'll stay.

The smalltown sentiments you express will never attract a bigger following ... thus leaving you and your club trailing in every respect.

You say owt but your prayers imo. I seriously doubt you're even 20.

That aside, how exactly is what I'm saying or what I've said on here an indication that I'm some deluded fan thinking we're massive with potential world wide appeal? And how am I expressing 'smalltown sentiments'?

Man U - Global brand

Liv - Global brand

Arsenal - Euro Brand

Spurs

Newcastle

You say owt but your prayers imo. I seriously doubt you're even 20.

That aside, how exactly is what I'm saying or what I've said on here an indication that I'm some deluded fan thinking we're massive with potential world wide appeal? And how am I expressing 'smalltown sentiments'?

Because you always feel the need to use the 'plastic' jibe whenever there's something you can't argue against ... implying of course that because you're 'local' that your ideas are somewhat superior.

What was the name of that great british comedy from the 70s/80s that had this bizarre shoopkeeping couple who didn't take kindly to strangers ... but loved 'locals'? ... name escapes me.

Who's told you that?

So Ashley gets his wish, reduces the wage bill, we sign average players,Owen leaves for free next season,we have another nothing season and you will be happy?

It`s about selling a vision to players which clearly wasnt done to Woodgate/Modric. Aimar should have been wrapped up and we should have gone in big time for Bentley. We should be getting players like Santa Cruz from Blackburn but we are stuck with Smith/Ameobi great

Aimar never wanted to come imo. You also have to look at where Spurs are - top Euro coach, in Europe, been knocking on the door of the CL in recent season, in London, etc. Even with everything else being even they're far more attractive at present. Selling any 'vision' wouldn't change that.

What I'm looking for is incremental improvement season on season and if that happens, a big if, we might be knocking on the door of the CL again in 3 years time. We can't even get to where Spurs are overnight.

I obviously hope Owen stays and things happen quickly but I think you have to realistic too.

As for Santa Cruz, he's a good player who would improve us but to be fair to the owner, we've got 6 strikers. You might not rate them all but I think I'd be saying sell before you buy. And I don't see how being stuck with Shola or Smith is the owner's fault either.

I'm not convinced by the owner yet by any means btw. He's got a lot to prove re: how ambitious he is etc.