The Olympics

AbsolutKazakh

• Replies 505
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't watched two minutes of the Olympics yet, have we got any sprinters these days? Has the 100m even been?

First round is on in a couple of hours. Can't wait for the parade of useless twats from Vanuatu and Afghanistan - it's what the Olympics are all about.

:) Aye only 10 mins or so till the 100m starts, Kelly Southerton just ran in her heat of the 100m hurdles running a new personal best coming 4th but the winner of her heat ran 12.77 :) .

Edit: Williamson, Edgar and Pickering all through. Gay,Powell and Bolt all through but Powell's got some sort of stomach injury.

A few of the runners from the smaller nations like Palau are running times well over 11 seconds ;)

Phelps wins his 6th gold in another WR time.

Chris Hoy and co win gold for Britain in the Team sprint :icon_lol: .

Edited by Barton7

Just watching the cyclists getting presented with their golds now. I can't imagine the feeling of pride being stood up on that podium with the national anthem playing. Must be absolutely amazing.

Usain Bolt is so going under 9.70 in the final.

:lol: He's basically jogging sub 10 times :lol: I don't think Pickering could have thought up a worse draw for the 2nd round, good on Tyrone Edgar although I don't see him getting to the final.

Well done Adlington, another Gold and smashing the WR to boot

Unbelievable how Phelps won his race as well, even on the replay its not clear cut.

Aye brilliant from Adlington, and I've just seen Phelps' race there and like you say on the replay his arms are a mile away when the other bloke has about 6 inches to go. I was pleased for Phelps though cos he actually had to work for this one.

By the way, the BBC are fucking arseholes. That minger Balding said yesterday "If you tune in at 7am tomorrow morning, we'll show the race 'as live' without letting you know who wins etc." So I tune in at 7 and they go "So, news from the swimming next, but first here's the national news", and the first story up before you've had time to look away or turn the sound down is ZOMG ADLINGTON WINS GOLD!!111.

Was well pissed off yesterday watching the interview with the 16 year old british gymnast, Becky Downie, who came out 12th overall i think and they were giving so much praise for doing so well. Now this lass was never a contender fo r a medal but fuck me she didn't even come in the top 10, never mind get anywhere near bothering the medals!!

Typical British bollocks, boils my piss, they should disgard these fuckas and give them no airtime until they but in a performance worth talking about imo.

Not to be too harsh on this young lass in her first olmpics like but they seemed happy enough to settle for 12th place ffs.