Cisse a Geordie?

Geordie Boyo

From the BBC's Wednesday's gossip column

Djibril Cisse will seek a transfer away from Liverpool if he is not a regular starter come December. (Various)

All thou I can see why supporters would like to see Alan Smith here with his game being similar to our current number 9 in how he gets involved I would definitely like to see this fella here too. I think like Owen he'd guarantee you goals and with the desire to play more regularly and to do well I think his heart would definitely be there too.

We're showing ambition with the signings we've made while Liverpool showed what they were & are capable of after winning the champions league last season. He may not be lifting that trophy again for a while if he signed for us but unlike Liverpool he would be guarantied 1st team football.

IMO, if he becomes more frustrated and wants to leave I think if we went in for him we'd have a really good chance of signing him.

I could see a swap deal..... ;)

I think we could struggle to keep the "little mercurial goal poacher".TM

43196[/snapback]

If they wanted about £8 mil off Spurs for Cisse then the only deal that would make financial sense would be Cisse + £9 mil in exchange for Owen.

Maybe SJP would go for that if they thought they could get Nihat on a free and Owen privately said he wanted to leave.

When we play as badly as we do, it's hard to imagine Owen staying here for long unfortunately. ;)

With them losing out on Owen it would certainly be hard to convince them in letting him come here, but as you've said they have been stupid enough to sign that overgrown toothpick.

43194[/snapback]

let me remind you, they did not lose out on Owen. They didnt want him as he does not fit the system Rafa prefers.

With them losing out on Owen it would certainly be hard to convince them in letting him come here, but as you've said they have been stupid enough to sign that overgrown toothpick.

43194[/snapback]

let me remind you, they did not lose out on Owen. They didnt want him as he does not fit the system Rafa prefers.

43203[/snapback]

Nope, they wanted him alright.

Liverpool wanted him, I don't think Rafa was too bothered however...

If he admitted he wanted him, then effectively he's admitting he made a mistake in selling him in the first place.

If Rafa isn't there next summer, I can see Liverpool testing the water with us...

If they sign a RW, CB and another young player this summer then Rafa will be there next season regardless of the spot they finish in this season, as he has bought in players to build a team to his liking - Alonso, Sissoko, Crouch, Garcia.

That's why IMO they've become successful in Europe and pityful in the domestic league. Benitez seems to adapt any team to play the Spanish/Continental way.

If Benitez rates Crouch enough to buy him, maybe he would be stupid enough to fall for the charms of Shola ?

43334[/snapback]

Swap deal? ;)

That's why IMO they've become successful in Europe and pityful in the domestic league. Benitez seems to adapt any team to play the Spanish/Continental way.

43242[/snapback]

A bit of an exagerration to say they are pitiful in the EPL. What does that then say about us?

43242[/snapback]

A bit of an exagerration to say they are pitiful in the EPL. What does that then say about us?

43336[/snapback]

When was the last time Chelsea beat us 4-1 at home??

In fact Chelsea haven't beaten us at home at all for 4 years!

43242[/snapback]

43336[/snapback]

When was the last time Chelsea beat us 4-1 at home??

In fact Chelsea haven't beaten us at home at all for 4 years!

43339[/snapback]

FFS, before last weekend, when was the last time Chelsea beat Liverpool 4-1 at home? We haven't even played them yet this season! FWIW, when was the last time Liverpool were spanked 4-1 at home by FULHAM? Do you seriously think we are better than Liverpool now, on the basis of one result against Chelsea?

Oh, btw Chelsea beat us at home last season in the league cup, and couldn't be arsed to play properly against us on the last day, where we were no great shakes. And don't even talk about our league away result and performance.

Edited by Renton

43194[/snapback]

43203[/snapback]

Nope, they wanted him alright.

43205[/snapback]

They tried flogging Cisse to us so they could afford the Owen fee.

It would be hillarious if they ended up as strike-partners here in 3 months time.

FFS, before last weekend, when was the last time Chelsea beat Liverpool  4-1 at home? We haven't even played them yet this season! FWIW, when was the last time Liverpool were spanked 4-1 at home by FULHAM? Do you seriously think we are better than Liverpool now, on the basis of one result against Chelsea?

Oh, btw Chelsea beat us at home last season in the league cup, and couldn't be arsed to play properly against us on the last day, where we were no great shakes. And don't even talk about our league away result and performance.

43342[/snapback]

Funny you should mention those 2 matches. When I sat and watched Benitez making those subs last week, until I couldn't figure out who was left at the back, I was very much reminded of Souness' decisions against Fulham. It was interesting to see a tactically astute manager lose the plot in the same way.

FFS, before last weekend, when was the last time Chelsea beat Liverpool  4-1 at home? We haven't even played them yet this season! FWIW, when was the last time Liverpool were spanked 4-1 at home by FULHAM? Do you seriously think we are better than Liverpool now, on the basis of one result against Chelsea?

43342[/snapback]

Funny you should mention those 2 matches. When I sat and watched Benitez making those subs last week, until I couldn't figure out who was left at the back, I was very much reminded of Souness' decisions against Fulham. It was interesting to see a tactically astute manager lose the plot in the same way.

43349[/snapback]

An aberration for Benitez, the norm for Souness, unfortunately.

In fairness I think losing the plot to that extent is unusual for both of them. Souness just doesn't really seem to use tactics at all.

43194[/snapback]

43203[/snapback]

Of course not - thats why they bid with Real and spread all sorts of rumours to the rags and BBC about "clauses in contract" etc after losing out. ;)