There's no need for people to start tripping out just yet.

Park Life

My optimism gets less the nearer that you get to the deadline. I’m still hoping that we’ll get a couple in, but if we don’t we’ll just have to soldier on,”

“I haven’t got enough players. I have lost five forwards and I’ve not got any people to come in. We had two teenagers on the bench tonight.”

“I suppose that if we don’t get any new players, I’ll just have to wait for all of those strikers to come back.”

Still hopefully until 2nd of september when any late night transfers will of been revealed, but its looking worse and worse as it goes on

My optimism gets less the nearer that you get to the deadline. I’m still hoping that we’ll get a couple in, but if we don’t we’ll just have to soldier on,”

“I haven’t got enough players. I have lost five forwards and I’ve not got any people to come in. We had two teenagers on the bench tonight.”

“I suppose that if we don’t get any new players, I’ll just have to wait for all of those strikers to come back.”

Still hopefully until 2nd of september when any late night transfers will of been revealed, but its looking worse and worse as it goes on

I wouldn't read too much into that.

KK has always been a bit up and down.

I think you are looking like a fairly decent unit as is.

KK seems to get the best out of what he has and if my team shows anything, too many changes can take a while to gel.

I wouldnt worry about it too much.

I would - says to me that we won't be getting the 3-4 or even 5 players we all want, but we'll get 1-2 tops

I would - says to me that we won't be getting the 3-4 or even 5 players we all want, but we'll get 1-2 tops

What are you basing that on though?

I dont see the panic. Milner will leave this window, we will replace him. I then see us bringing in at least one more player.

Theres about 50 pages on here and NO on Milner and this post is the only one i needed to read.

What are you basing that on though?

Only last week KK had said he'll be getting 3 in, now hes looking at the possibility of getting none.

Only a few days left in the transfer market.

Has repeatedly been said that Newcastle won't just be bringing in players for numbers, but they have to be quality and have the right heart.

Doesn't sound like we are close to getting any transfers done by the way KK has spoken in recent interviews (hopefully wrong).

I hope i'm wrong, I just get the feeling we'll be getting 1-2 players in (perhaps 3 :) ), but on the bright side they're sure to be quality ones.

I think we will do fine.

We are in the same position we were in a week ago the only difference is in releasing the details of Milner's transfer request it looks like we have given up on him and that we are concentrating on signing a replacement.

Of course it doesn't stop other clubs saying that we are in crisis and the lads up the road and in smogland saying that they have a better squad than us but nothing has changed - we just have another midfielder on the shopping list.

I think I'm the only one of the board who actually rates Milner as an asset anyway so I can't understand why some people are worried :)