Insomnia

trophyshy

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was tired before but now I'm wide awake, I think I will avoid sleeping all day tomorrow,play football and then I will sleep no bother on the night!

Doesn't work. You'll find yourself with narcolepsy mid-afternoon whether you want it or not.

I don't think anyone on the 7 a side pitch will be able to tell the difference.

Hmm, I will sleep as soon as I can if that is the case.

God knows when that will be.

I don't think anyone on the 7 a side pitch will be able to tell the difference.

Hmm, I will sleep as soon as I can if that is the case.

God knows when that will be.

Good luck.

Two of my last three moves have been "let's go somewhere I've got a roof over my head and worry about getting a job later", and they've worked out pretty well.

Shit, I did that when I moved over to the UK four years ago and landed on my feet well enough. My advice is if you want to move but worried about jobs/flat/food, just go and the rest will fall into place. Finding a job and a flat is so much harder when you're not living somewhere, but if you go you'll find what you need.

• 1 year later...
Guest Barrack Road

I reckon the most sleep I've had in the last two weeks in 5 hours in a night. :o I need 7 or 8 or my brain goes to fuckin mush, the lights are on but there's no fucka in. Would take sleeping pills but I've heard it's hard to get off them.

Guest Barrack Road
Have a bucket.

That's mental, I was thinking about a bucket I had years ago, only last night, it's so random that :o . I was at this kids flat I used to knock about with and he lived on the top floor of Cruddas Park flats, I was only about 19, and I had such a strong bucket oh dear. I felt EXACTLY like Mark Renton when he's sinking through the floor at Mother Superiors on Trainspotting, and all I could smell for what seemed like 6 hours was piss. Last bucket I ever had.

Guest Barrack Road
Too much beer, shits himself.

Too much weed, pisses himself.

What happens when you've had too many cowies?

Go on mad walks. 6 is the most I ever did in one go, and that was the last time, was after Italy went out the WC in 2002. I left this lasses hoose about 2am and walked from Kenton to Bolam Lakes, was about 8am when I got there and wondering what the fuck I was doing. There's no such thing as good drugs these days, they fuck you up big time. One of my mates is a very very intelligent wealthy lad, great job, great humour, but he says he can't enjoy a night out unless he's on one or the toot.

Go on mad walks. 6 is the most I ever did in one go, and that was the last time, was after Italy went out the WC in 2002. I left this lasses hoose about 2am and walked from Kenton to Bolam Lakes, was about 8am when I got there and wondering what the fuck I was doing. There's no such thing as good drugs these days, they fuck you up big time. One of my mates is a very very intelligent wealthy lad, great job, great humour, but he says he can't enjoy a night out unless he's on one or the toot.

Took me years to get out of that mindset, its only been the last 2 or 3 years i've completely knocked it on the head. Although i did do about 10 last July over a weekend. One off though so it was fine. When i've had too many i tend to think i'm funnier than i actually am.

I tell you what there is no hangover like that on a monday having been on it all weekend. Literally feels like you are wearing someone else face, someone who was kicked to shit over the weekend. Chemical taste in the mouth and an arse like a hot tap, cowering in a work toilet. Dont miss that at all.

Guest Barrack Road

Took me years to get out of that mindset, its only been the last 2 or 3 years i've completely knocked it on the head. Although i did do about 10 last July over a weekend. One off though so it was fine. When i've had too many i tend to think i'm funnier than i actually am.

I tell you what there is no hangover like that on a monday having been on it all weekend. Literally feels like you are wearing someone else face, someone who was kicked to shit over the weekend. Chemical taste in the mouth and an arse like a hot tap, cowering in a work toilet. Dont miss that at all.

You feel so low too, paranoid, no appetite, I always said I never got anywhere near the first one, how amazing it was no matter how many I took. I would honestly say to any kids now though, don't fucking do them, it's not worth the consequences. Most kids say ah I won't do them in case I die, that won't happen, but the worst thing is the depression, anxiety, paranoia, feel of lack of self worth they can bring in the weeks even months after heavy usage. They're all in to that powder MDMA at my work, apparently there are very little nasty side effects, but I'm steering clear, going to try to be a clean living lad from now on, and that includes drink.

Guest Barrack Road
Billy's the worst imo. Sends you roond the fucking bend on the comedown.

100% agree. Things you do when you're young. Went to a party one four of us snorted 20 quids worth, and went to get more at 9am ended up snorting more and more through the day, only thing I remember was we had Liverpool v Newcastle on the radio and when Solano made it 0-2 I scared them to death shouting, but we lost 4-2. Had to go to work the next day eyes like Arnie's in Total Recall when he gets dragged in to the Martian desert, oh dear worst times ever. Devil's dandruff that stuff.

Billy's the worst imo. Sends you roond the fucking bend on the comedown.

100% agree. Things you do when you're young. Went to a party one four of us snorted 20 quids worth, and went to get more at 9am ended up snorting more and more through the day, only thing I remember was we had Liverpool v Newcastle on the radio and when Solano made it 0-2 I scared them to death shouting, but we lost 4-2. Had to go to work the next day eyes like Arnie's in Total Recall when he gets dragged in to the Martian desert, oh dear worst times ever. Devil's dandruff that stuff.

:unsure: You should work for FRANK. :o

By coincidence I was reading about a (thankfully) rare disease called Fatal Familial Insomnia (FFI) yesterday. Basically, if you have the gene for this disease (which can be detected with genetic testing) you're fucked. You live normally until your 50s, when you gradually lose the ability to sleep. Eventually you can't sleep at all and no drug intervention helps. You then go mad and die a horrible death as your brain destructs. :o

How can anyone look me in the face and tell me there's a God that allows that?

Guest Barrack Road
By coincidence I was reading about a (thankfully) rare disease called Fatal Familial Insomnia (FFI) yesterday. Basically, if you have the gene for this disease (which can be detected with genetic testing) you're fucked. You live normally until your 50s, when you gradually lose the ability to sleep. Eventually you can't sleep at all and no drug intervention helps. You then go mad and die a horrible death as your brain destructs. :o

Imagine if you had that, and you were ginger and mackem.

Guest alex

I saw that or a similar condition on a tv programme once. After about 100 days of no sleep the bloke died. He went from being perfectly healthy to a drooling mess. He was given massive doses of seditives to no effect.

Guest Barrack Road

I saw that or a similar condition on a tv programme once. After about 100 days of no sleep the bloke died. He went from being perfectly healthy to a drooling mess. He was given massive doses of seditives to no effect.

Horrific that like totally horrific. To think that yank tosser, did it for fun for 48 days in London too.

Guest alex

Horrific that like totally horrific. To think that yank tosser, did it for fun for 48 days in London too.

Shazzam!

Not at work this week so I'll be watching on Thursday night as well. Getting wankered to a)keep me entertained and b)numb the pain of what I feel could be an inevitably horrifying result.

Is anyone going to watch that Channel 4 thing? Apparently aimed at people not interested in the election. Who the fuck is going to stay up all night and watch a programme about the election if they're not interested in it?!

Stevie (and I'm not joking at all), do you have a chemical imbalance or depression?

I had insomnia for YEARS. Finally went to the doctor for it after trying every sleeping pill and stupid ass remedy everyone I knew suggested I try and it turned out I had a chemical imbalance (and depression as an additional result). Doc put me on Paxil for about a year, now I sleep every night. Massive improvement as I'd been only sleeping 3 or 4 nights a week when I finally went to the doc.

That was about 5 years ago and I still sleep pretty well. Working shifts and being on call doesn't help much, but whaddaya gonna do?

Looking back on it, I probably wouldn't recommend Paxil specifically (made me gain about 50 pounds in two months and the non controlled release verison would knock me out for 8 hours about 20 minutes after taking it), but it might not be a bad idea to stop by the doc and see what he thinks.

Not at work this week so I'll be watching on Thursday night as well. Getting wankered to a)keep me entertained and b)numb the pain of what I feel could be an inevitably horrifying result.

Is anyone going to watch that Channel 4 thing? Apparently aimed at people not interested in the election. Who the fuck is going to stay up all night and watch a programme about the election if they're not interested in it?!

:( It starts at 9, so I might watch the first hour, especially if the Come Dine With Me bit is on then. :( After that it's all about the exit polls and some hot Dimbleby action until dawn, though.