Long Read but spot on

Redshadow

Guest Stevie

"Come on Newcastle you can do better than this" or "howay ya fuckin daft cunts what yiz deein?!?!?!?"

Edited by Stevie

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Come on Newcastle you can do better than this" or "howay ya fuckin daft cunts what yiz deein?!?!?!?"

... or that massive grey area between the two, which appears not to exist in the magical hate filled world of Stevie ... :lol:

Guest Stevie

... or that massive grey area between the two, which appears not to exist in the magical hate filled world of Stevie ... :lol:

I don't hate anything in life, so what are you on about you pleb. Do you have a deep monotone voice like a pit yakker version of Brendan Foster?

I dont think you get many "Council scum" in these days to be honest. The prices are too much for them. You do however, get people from working class backgrounds who make an honest living, and spend probably a large proportion of their disposable income on a ST.

To be fair, the C word is pretty heavy in a public space. I also cant stand the pissed up individuals who cant see further than the row in front of them who constantly berate everything and everyone on the pitch. They just serve as amusement and a distraction for those around them.

The article just about sums up how I feel - before KK came back I'd just about fallen out of love with football due to all of the shit the bloke described (as well as the best efforts of Messrs Souness, Roeder and Allardyce and a supporting cast of utter, utter twats).

As I said about the derby last year which was my only home game, I couldn't believe how many people simply refused to become animated about playing them and instead exhibited all of the "Sky boy" stereotypes instead.

The game has become an entity ran by posh cunts, tailored for posh cunts. I think its should be compulsory to swear at the match, it's a game the evokes passions like no other.

There's nothing like becoming engrossed in a match, it happens now and then, where you forget people are around you and you're the only one there, the only one that can see a dirty foul 100 yards away, thinking your cries WILL influence the referee. The money men don't want that, they want people with money who were born with a silver spoon in their mouths. I think if there was many fans with a rugby supporter type profile, the £600,000 hoose at Darras Hall, the Barbour jacket, the Land Rover, the dead Pheasant on the back seat, the friend called Forbes, the brother in law called Henry, the wife called Agnes, the shares in ICI, the golf club membership type, the lifetime Conservatives voter, the holiday home in Tuscany owner.....they don't want me or the majority of people on this forum, they want posh cunts. Even MA deep down if he's running NUFC for pure profit wants this, as does Rupert Murdoch. These people are born in to sterile environments, and that's what they expect their social lives to be surrounded by.

That might be a bit extreme but that's why football is watered down today. Cunts who take being civilised to the extreme. Reading what HF said last week about the fatha who told him to sit down because his son couldn't see, why the fuck was he in singers corner? It's that type of cunt who has the power.

:lol::lol:

Edited by Attain

• 2 years later...

Was looking for something and came across this thread. Nearly 3 years ago it is, and am sorry to say slowly but surely it has got even worse. At Newcastle dismantling the singing corner in favour of families touches on what Danny said about the Paxton Lane stand kicking people out unless they could bring a kid the next season.

The £42 Liverpool are charging us, is a tiny example of the marketing drive to get the working class out of football. I firmly believe Murdoch is to blame for everything about what's happened.

Was looking for something and came across this thread. Nearly 3 years ago it is, and am sorry to say slowly but surely it has got even worse. At Newcastle dismantling the singing corner in favour of families touches on what Danny said about the Paxton Lane stand kicking people out unless they could bring a kid the next season.

The £42 Liverpool are charging us, is a tiny example of the marketing drive to get the working class out of football. I firmly believe Murdoch is to blame for everything about what's happened.

People like Dein, Sugar, Ellis and Hall made it easy though Stevie - they used the momentum of the money and the growth to change the game to generate more money - a classic feedback loop. I honestly hope it all goes tits up but I can't really see it.

The saddest thing about the singing section was that it had to be even thought of in the first place.

People like Dein, Sugar, Ellis and Hall made it easy though Stevie - they used the momentum of the money and the growth to change the game to generate more money - a classic feedback loop. I honestly hope it all goes tits up but I can't really see it.

The saddest thing about the singing section was that it had to be even thought of in the first place.

Aye. Even in 96 it was a great atmosphere in the ground you know. I sat in the Leazes lower for years from when the stand went up and most of the time it was mint, the Gallowgate used to make a din too. At Newcastle it started going shite when Dalglish took over, I remember a game we lost at home to Forest in the Cup (Woan scored 2) and it was THE worst atmosphere ever, but that's getting away from the point, it got even worse when the SOS people were punted out the Milburn, and again were victims of greed. Football is eating itself to death. My prediction is 20 years time Man Utd and Arsenal getting 50,000 Newcastle and Tottenham getting 35,000 your Liverpool, Everton's, Villa's 20,000, because the pricing will be too high, and telly will be a more attractive option with the advent of 3D.

Aye. Even in 96 it was a great atmosphere in the ground you know. I sat in the Leazes lower for years from when the stand went up and most of the time it was mint, the Gallowgate used to make a din too. At Newcastle it started going shite when Dalglish took over, I remember a game we lost at home to Forest in the Cup (Woan scored 2) and it was THE worst atmosphere ever, but that's getting away from the point, it got even worse when the SOS people were punted out the Milburn, and again were victims of greed. Football is eating itself to death. My prediction is 20 years time Man Utd and Arsenal getting 50,000 Newcastle and Tottenham getting 35,000 your Liverpool, Everton's, Villa's 20,000, because the pricing will be too high, and telly will be a more attractive option with the advent of 3D.

For the first 3 or 4 seasons it was pretty good upstairs but gradually the sweary bastards like me and a couple of my mates who did try and get things going were replaced by Stepford fans. There's nowt worse than trying to get songs going among about 5 lads and everyone around you looking at you like you're an alien.

The thing is a lot of clubs are having to try harder already to keep the crowds up - even NUFC have tried deals and/or cheaper seats so it isn't just a money argument. The lads I used to go with and everyone else weren't exactly paupers - after all you can't afford train tickets to London and a day on the piss if you're on the dole.

Even if it did all go tits up and crowds went down as you say I don't think there'd be an automatic return to "better" days with more passion. I think the bastards have won - they've killed it.

Nothing in my mind can compete with the atmosphere we used to give off around 94-97 when the Gallowgate corners were completed and before they bothered to consider further expansion. The crescendo immediately before kick off still gives goose bumps thinking about it now.

The demand was obviously there to expand and 36,000 seats didn't match the club's ambition but in doing so we traded off atmosphere.

The sad endictment of the Sky era is that it has destroyed the idea of the travelling football fan. Look back to the clip in the 80s where we filled the entire Anfield Road end at Liverpool. The best atmospheres I can recall when we had terraces was when we opened up the entire Leazes end to the away fans.. and they filled it! To easy and cost effective now for the travelling fan to stay at home and watch it on TV. They should be doing all they can to encourage more away support as that's what creates the banter.

The game(s) against the Mackems where they weren't allowed was a sanitised disaster IMO.

Nothing in my mind can compete with the atmosphere we used to give off around 94-97 when the Gallowgate corners were completed and before they bothered to consider further expansion. The crescendo immediately before kick off still gives goose bumps thinking about it now.

The demand was obviously there to expand and 36,000 seats didn't match the club's ambition but in doing so we traded off atmosphere.

The sad endictment of the Sky era is that it has destroyed the idea of the travelling football fan. Look back to the clip in the 80s where we filled the entire Anfield Road end at Liverpool. The best atmospheres I can recall when we had terraces was when we opened up the entire Leazes end to the away fans.. and they filled it! To easy and cost effective now for the travelling fan to stay at home and watch it on TV. They should be doing all they can to encourage more away support as that's what creates the banter.

The game(s) against the Mackems where they weren't allowed was a sanitised disaster IMO.

The best pre-match was against Man Utd when we lost 0-1. You could see the air balloon from miles away above the ground, and I remember walking up the road behind the East Stand at 715, and all you could hear from the ground was "NEWWWWWWWWWWWWWWCAAAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSUUUUUUUUUUUULLLLLLLLL" half an hour before the game this. You don't see pre-match atmosphere anywhere now. Used to be mint in the 80's.

The best pre-match was against Man Utd when we lost 0-1. You could see the air balloon from miles away above the ground, and I remember walking up the road behind the East Stand at 715, and all you could hear from the ground was "NEWWWWWWWWWWWWWWCAAAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSUUUUUUUUUUUULLLLLLLLL" half an hour before the game this. You don't see pre-match atmosphere anywhere now. Used to be mint in the 80's.

It did aye but I don't think we got the full effects as only two sides of the ground had a roof - lot of the noise was lost because of that. I bet it was mental in the 70s when the Leazes end was covered up and a proper terrace. Criminal what they did to that in '78 you know? Removing the roof was one thing but reducing the terrace to half its capacity - and for it to remain that way for 15 long years was shocking.

Football in England is going to implode soon. Having said that, the latest crowds at Newcastle are nothing to do with the opening post, they are down because the expectations have been lowered and the team is struggling with no prospect of anything better on the horizon.

Otherwise SJP would be full, no matter what, if the team was doing well.