Glen Roeder Speaks

ohhh_yeah

Roeder hits out at Toon tragedy

Glenn Roeder has labelled Newcastle "a tragedy" going "from one disaster to another" as Kevin Keegan's position as manager remains unclear.

Keegan was widely reported to be on his way out of St James' Park but two ambiguous statements from the club insist he has neither resigned nor been sacked, with talks about his future ongoing.

Roeder, manager of Newcastle in 2006-07 and currently in charge at Norwich, told BBC Radio Five Live: "The club is a tragedy and it goes from one disaster to another.

"There's no stability at the club and I don't think there has been for a long time. They go from one manager to another and the people who suffer the most are the most important people, the supporters.

Roeder added: "When they talk about Newcastle being a great club, it's only great for one reason - because it has great supporters."

TeamTalk

They're all coming out of the woodwork today.

Edit: Though to be fair Roeder's is just a quick comment rather than that twat Allardyce giving a full interview.

Edited by ewerk

They're all coming out of the woodwork today.

Edit: Though to be fair Roeder's is just a quick comment rather than that twat Allardyce giving a full interview.

I predicted FSA's comments a few days ago, but to be fair, I think for once his interview was reasonable saying we should be one of the top four clubs in this country.

As for Roeder he's right what he's saying, I've got enormous respect for Glenn.

In all honesty we could do worse than someone like Roeder as chairman, waffle on pleasantly and keep everyone happyish, whilst Keegan gets on with the real job. :huh:

Edited by Fop

Problem was, Roeder was allowed to go after his own men, and despite plenty of promises that we'd see new faces we got Sibierksi and Bernard! :huh:

Problem was, Roeder was allowed to go after his own men, and despite plenty of promises that we'd see new faces we got Sibierksi and Bernard! :huh:

Problem was, Roeder was appointed full-time.

"it's only great for one reason - because it has great supporters." © Skysports 1997 - football didnt exist before we did.

Aye, because Roeder has no knowledge of NUFC prior to that. I love how it galls people like you when comments like this are made though.

Problem was, Roeder was appointed full-time.

I'm still waiting for Fat Freddy Shepherd's tell all auto-biography in which he releases the names of all the great world class manmagers that were queuing up for our manager's job after Sourmess was shown the door.

:huh:

"it's only great for one reason - because it has great supporters." © Skysports 1997 - football didnt exist before we did.

Ban this nobhead, I've proven on several occasions how our support was INIFINITELY better than there's before SKY, yet still he persists, the kid is a dickhead and is of no use to this forum.

I cant see why the Spuds WUM needs come on here. Its a Newcastle forum for Newcastle supporters. I dont mind the odd fan from other clubs coming on providing a reasoned argument or wanting information but when their sole purpose is to come on and get bites, its just tiresome

I cant see why the Spuds WUM needs come on here. Its a Newcastle forum for Newcastle supporters. I dont mind the odd fan from other clubs coming on providing a reasoned argument or wanting information but when their sole purpose is to come on and get bites, its just tiresome

I like Danny. He's an eternal optimist. All that talk of how much better they'd done during the window, how they were a draw for better players and how they were moving up. The trophies they won pre-season, the goals they were scoring for fun.

He's not shown a hint of embarrassment at their complete failure to live up to his and all their fans' expectations. And it's to his credit.

Don't ever develop a sense of self-awareness Danny.

I like Danny. He's an eternal optimist. All that talk of how much better they'd done during the window, how they were a draw for better players and how they were moving up. The trophies they won pre-season, the goals they were scoring for fun.

He's not shown a hint of embarrassment at their complete failure to live up to his and all their fans' expectations. And it's to his credit.

All his ITK stuff was spot on though.

He must be delighted that everything is so rosy at his club though

http://www.football365.co.uk/story/0,17033...4093574,00.html

I remember he said Berbatov was as good as signed for Newcastle.

I remember he said Berbatov was as good as signed for Newcastle.

:razz: Tom believed me.

And BTW I came on here and took a thread worth of flack about Spurs' poor start, and put my hands up.