Who Do You Want As Keegan's Replacement?

Tooj

I have to admit that my heart sank when I heard about Poyet being on the brink of getting the job. Yet another of Wise's mates - thus strengthening his position within the club (not to mention more involvement with team affairs).

However, whoever gets the job, the results on the pitch is what matters so Poyet will get my support as long as the team play well and win matches (that's if he does get the job).

I see what you're saying and I agree to support the team (away from the ground) but anyone coming in is going to be agreeing to be part of the Ashley regime and in my eyes part of the problem. I can't support any part of the managerial setup while Fat Cunt's running the show. Anyone seen supporting the team is going to be seen by the media as supporting Ashley or at the very least accepting the club as it stands.

This is what I have a bit of a problem with: the argument about the set up at NUFC. How do we know, for certain, what the set up is and what involvement the manager has with bringing players in?? All we have is Keegan walking out in a huff. Now this could be because he took a hissy fit at not being allowed to buy Henry. If that's the case then who's wrong, Keegan or the set up ???

Who's to say that the set up is wrong?? The only proof will be in the results and the abilities of the players brought in. I haven't been able to see any of the new boys but all I have read from this message board is that they look pretty good. If that's the case then the set up is working, yes???

If the set up proves to be working well, then NUFC will move forward without going into mega debt - surely a win win situation.

As I've said before, the problem I see with this set up is that good signings will be poached by the more affluent clubs, meaning NUFC will remain mid-table for evermore.

My problem with the hierarchy at sjp is Wise; always has been, always will be.

That's all fair enough bud, thing is from what I've seen (without going in to quotes) the club has lied on several occasions recently and I'm less inclined to believe them than I am Keegan. Besides which with Keegan onboard there was a genuine feeling of excitement and that we were all in this together, even the players were seemingly loving it again. There's less evidence towards Keegan throwing a hissy fit for not being allowed to bring in players like Henry than there is for Ashley and Wise fucking things up - I won't be happy until the Fat Cunt's out the door.

I can understand the argument againsT Ashley. The way I look at it is this: what does he know about running a football club? Nowt. So he employs Mort to run the show (who knows next to nowt also, but has a hell of a lot of intelligence), which he does pretty darned well. The mood blackens as Sam Allardyce's brand of football is fucking people off. He sacks Allardyce and then has the chance to get Keegan in - something of a dream scenario for Ashley.

Now then, throughout all this time, Ashley has been taking advise about how to set up a football club and he decides to adopt this continental approach. He then makes the biggest mistake of all by employing Wise. From then on, the days are numbered for Keegan as Wise is like a cancer in Ashley's ear by continually giving him advise about all manners of shite. Mort leaves as he sees what's coming. Ashley doesn't heed Mort's warning and continues to listen to the cockny shithead Wise.

Hey presto, we're where we are today. All because Ashley made the mistake of employing Dennis Wise. The set up can prove brilliant or shite, but as long as that self-centered no-mark arsehole has got Ashley's ear things will be run Wise's way because there's no-one there to tell Ashley otherwise.

• Replies 326
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Encouraging people is fine, but its the 'everyone will just give up and let him win. Thats newcastle fans for you' line that i find annoying. Everyone i talk to is pissed off about it, but there is also a recognition that we are limited in what we can do. If he decides to stay then what can people really do? It wont be because we are all just sat like clapping seals letting him walk all over us, it'll be because we are relatively powerless to affect change no matter how much tub-thumping takes place on message boards or in fanzines.

I can understand the argument againsT Ashley. The way I look at it is this: what does he know about running a football club? Nowt. So he employs Mort to run the show (who knows next to nowt also, but has a hell of a lot of intelligence), which he does pretty darned well. The mood blackens as Sam Allardyce's brand of football is fucking people off. He sacks Allardyce and then has the chance to get Keegan in - something of a dream scenario for Ashley.

Now then, throughout all this time, Ashley has been taking advise about how to set up a football club and he decides to adopt this continental approach. He then makes the biggest mistake of all by employing Wise. From then on, the days are numbered for Keegan as Wise is like a cancer in Ashley's ear by continually giving him advise about all manners of shite. Mort leaves as he sees what's coming. Ashley doesn't heed Mort's warning and continues to listen to the cockny shithead Wise.

Hey presto, we're where we are today. All because Ashley made the mistake of employing Dennis Wise. The set up can prove brilliant or shite, but as long as that self-centered no-mark arsehole has got Ashley's ear things will be run Wise's way because there's no-one there to tell Ashley otherwise.

All too feasible imo.

I have my doubts if anyone (continental manager or not, friend or not) can work under Wise, although a DoF type role doesn't necessarily have the manager "under" them as Wise seems to have managed.

The only way I see it working with Wise is with a complete yes man.

Encouraging people is fine, but its the 'everyone will just give up and let him win. Thats newcastle fans for you' line that i find annoying. Everyone i talk to is pissed off about it, but there is also a recognition that we are limited in what we can do. If he decides to stay then what can people really do? It wont be because we are all just sat like clapping seals letting him walk all over us, it'll be because we are relatively powerless to affect change no matter how much tub-thumping takes place on message boards or in fanzines.

I do agree with you, but the fans don't have to line Ashley's pockets, without an income from the fans he'd have no choice other than to move on - I guess it shows that the only real power fans have is consumer power, which is shakey and unorganised at best. People might not like it and you're right that the majority of other Newcastle fans I've spoken to as well are feeling the same as me but it's whether the fans will stick to a boycott or cave in which worries me, sometimes it's easier to just give in and therein lies the problem.

Just playing Devil's advocate. What if we're successful with Wise, Ashley and co behind the desk? Will they be forgiven?

Christmas or 3 straight wins IMO. But that's not to say that we won't be back in this very same situation this time next year.

Just playing Devil's advocate. What if we're successful with Wise, Ashley and co behind the desk? Will they be forgiven?

That's a good question, I'm sure part of every fan craves success for their club but would it feel tainted? If their plan was for Wise to have the final say on all transfers they should have been clear on that from the start, as it is they've made a Legend of our club look like a fool and that doesn't sit well with me at all.

I've said this before: the fickle fuckers will forget the faults and give up.

I wish I could be going to the game on sat because I would be venting my spleen to abuse Wise, whether he is there or not. I want him gone. Whether we are successful or not, I want someone who I respect in that position within the club. I only wish that all NUFC supporters felt the same as I honestly believe that a concerted effort to get rid of Wise could be accomplished. I can't see us being able to get rid of Ashley, but a concerted, continuous, vocal offensive against Wise would either piss him off so much that he resigned, or Ashley gave up and got rid of him with a handsome pay off.

Wise is the problem at NUFC, not Ashley. Ashley is just a rich guy who bought a football club yet doesn't know a thing about how to run it and takes advise from others.

Edited by snakehips

That's a good question, I'm sure part of every fan craves success for their club but would it feel tainted? If their plan was for Wise to have the final say on all transfers they should have been clear on that from the start, as it is they've made a Legend of our club look like a fool and that doesn't sit well with me at all.

Don't worry, I don't think this potential internal conflict of yours is likely top arise any time soon.

Christmas or 3 straight wins IMO. But that's not to say that we won't be back in this very same situation this time next year.

To be honest I think 3 straight wins is asking too much. I think the modern football fan will all too quickly shift focus, lose stomach for the fight and flippantly jump on the next band wagon. I reckon good performances will suffice, I think if Ashley keeps his head down and refrains from stirring the pot more, if Wise etc. talk about on-pitch events only, the press will lose interest as will the fans.

We're an obsequious lot on the whole :lol:

I have my doubts if anyone (continental manager or not, friend or not) can work under Wise, although a DoF type role doesn't necessarily have the manager "under" them as Wise seems to have managed.

The only way the director of football/manager role work is if they can work together and ultimately take responsibility together, if results go tits up, they both should get the chop, you get the feeling that wasn't going to happen!!

The only way the director of football/manager role work is if they can work together and ultimately take responsibility together, if results go tits up, they both should get the chop, you get the feeling that wasn't going to happen!!

Aye, Wise brings in the players, Keegan gets the chop if thety don't perform, basically.

Aye, Wise brings in the players, Keegan gets the chop if thety don't perform, basically.

I've said elsewhere that I think the system has it's merits (largely due to KK having a lack of knowledge of European football). . But for KK to be saying we'll be fetching 4 or 5 players in and us to end up with 2 and allegedly trying to flog others on deadline day suggests that there must have been a startling lack of communication going on..

It also begs the question, just how bad must our finances be? Mike Ashley's business record suggests he's no mug and he would know full well that even if KK had stayed he'd still be getting shit in the away end for not strenthening the squad..

If they get someone in who makes a success of the current setup, why would anyone have a problem with it? I'm not that bothered about feeling an affinity with the club board - I'm sure i wouldnt if this indian fella came in. I fucking hate the current lot but i dont want them out just for the sake of it. They can still prove all of us wrong if they make this work.

Edited by Gemmill

If they get someone in who makes a success of the current setup, why would anyone have a problem with it? I'm not that bothered about feeling an affinity with the club board - I'm sure i wouldnt if this indian fella came in. I fucking have the current lot but i dont want them out just for the sake of it. They can still prove all of us wrong if they make this work.

:lol:

Typo tithead! The point i am making is - i want the current lot out cos i dont think they can make the setup work. If they prove me wrong by making it work then i'm not going to stamp my feet and say i want them out anyway cos i dont like cockneys and cos they upset keegan. Which seems to be what some people are saying.

If they get someone in who makes a success of the current setup, why would anyone have a problem with it? I'm not that bothered about feeling an affinity with the club board - I'm sure i wouldnt if this indian fella came in. I fucking hate the current lot but i dont want them out just for the sake of it. They can still prove all of us wrong if they make this work.

This is the thing that's preying on my mind. How little "success" will be needed to have the fans forgive the club (I say club, I mean board and establishment, but club is shorter (I understand I could have just written that in the beginning, thereby saving me this explanation as well (I'm aware that I'm an idiot))). Will three wins on the bounce, as Fop suggests, placate the masses?

Above all else, I want this club, the club I love, to be successful. Of course I'm vehemently opposed tot he way they've treated Keegan and the way they've acted, BUT, if this period of turmoil brings genuine and long lasting "success" I don't think I can hold a grudge. If what they've done results in glory and much needed improvement of the club on and off the pitch... do the ends justify the means?

I know this is probably going to piss off a few people, but it's the truth. I'm angry, hurt and upset... but I've also got one eye on the future.

This is the thing that's preying on my mind. How little "success" will be needed to have the fans forgive the club (I say club, I mean board and establishment, but club is shorter (I understand I could have just written that in the beginning, thereby saving me this explanation as well (I'm aware that I'm an idiot))). Will three wins on the bounce, as Fop suggests, placate the masses?

Above all else, I want this club, the club I love, to be successful. Of course I'm vehemently opposed tot he way they've treated Keegan and the way they've acted, BUT, if this period of turmoil brings genuine and long lasting "success" I don't think I can hold a grudge. If what they've done results in glory and much needed improvement of the club on and off the pitch... do the ends justify the means?

I know this is probably going to piss off a few people, but it's the truth. I'm angry, hurt and upset... but I've also got one eye on the future.

Which is exactly why Ashley will get away with using the club as a cash cow, fans cant help supporting the club.

Ashley is an asset stripper, a pile em high sell em cheap barrow boy. He has got his cockney spiv mates running the club with one aim only imo - to bleed it dry and then sell it on.

Which is exactly why Ashley will get away with using the club as a cash cow, fans cant help supporting the club.

Ashley is an asset stripper, a pile em high sell em cheap barrow boy. He has got his cockney spiv mates running the club with one aim only imo - to bleed it dry and then sell it on.

Sounds about right.

I don't see how you can asset strip a football club and make money out of it?

If you sell all of its assets, the club becomes worthless.

It's Ashley's model.

He never actually closes down a store, but constantly advertises a closing down sale.

I don't see how you can asset strip a football club and make money out of it?

If you sell all of its assets, the club becomes worthless.

It's Ashley's model.

He never actually closes down a store, but constantly advertises a closing down sale.

Hmm... keep the club in permanent crisis.