Who Do You Want As Keegan's Replacement?

Tooj

I don't see how you can asset strip a football club and make money out of it?

If you sell all of its assets, the club becomes worthless.

It's Ashley's model.

He never actually closes down a store, but constantly advertises a closing down sale.

Hmm... keep the club in permanent crisis.

Keeps the running costs and fan's expectations down tbh :lol:

• Replies 326
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't see how you can asset strip a football club and make money out of it?

If you sell all of its assets, the club becomes worthless.

Sell any players you can at a profit

Pocket the money from advance season ticket sales

hike up ticket prices

Pocket the tv money

When internet tv really takes off that'll be a nice earner.

I imagine he thinks he can do enough to keep us in the premiership by buying cheap foreign imports who if they are any good he can flog on at a profit

At least FFS was attempting to win stuff while he lined his pockets. Ashley will show how to really exploit a club

Edited by spongebob toonpants

Seriously, it's not rocket science. Get cheaper, younger players in (from anywhere) and sell the best ones every 2/3 years once they have proved their worth..ie The Spurs Model. The only differance we might have is that Spurs to actually also spend a lot of cash.

So what do people make of Poyet? I really don't know what to think.

Seems a nice enough guy and talks sense when interviewed. The only time Leeds did well was when Poyet was there and was apparently the key figure.

The only bad thing for me his the link he has to Wise.

That's an advantage for me. It's clear that Wise is going nowhere soon so whoever we bring in is going to have to work with him so it may as well be someone who gets on with him and has worked with him before.

That's an advantage for me. It's clear that Wise is going nowhere soon so whoever we bring in is going to have to work with him so it may as well be someone who gets on with him and has worked with him before.

Yup we might actually keep a manager for a season and crack the heady heights of the top 10. So long as Wise's power mania is sated with that.

Assistant manager at Swindon and Leeds. Is he a glorified translator at Spurs, or is he actually a coach?

Seems sensible when interviewed. Slated the team after losing to the mackems, and could see he was pissed off with Berbatov.

Not sure if he's any use whatsoever though to cut it as a top flight 'head coach'.

Assistant manager at Swindon and Leeds. Is he a glorified translator at Spurs, or is he actually a coach?

Seems sensible when interviewed. Slated the team after losing to the mackems, and could see he was pissed off with Berbatov.

Not sure if he's any use whatsoever though to cut it as a top flight 'head coach'.

In all reality who the fuck actually is he?

Poyet out of Toon running

Spurs assistant boss happy in the capital

Last updated: 9th September 2008

Gus Poyet

Poyet: Going nowhere

Tottenham assistant manager Gus Poyet has categorically denied speculation which has suggested he could take Newcastle's managerial vacancy.

The Uruguayan was one of the favourites to succeed Kevin Keegan at St James' Park but has now ruled himself out of the race.

Poyet maintains strong links with Newcastle executive director (football) Dennis Wise following their time together at Chelsea as players and then as an assistant when his former team-mate managed at both Swindon and Leeds.

Newcastle have been linked with a host of names since Keegan's shock departure, but it was Poyet many expected to take the post.

Spurs stay

However, he has now moved to reaffirm his commitment to Spurs, citing his utmost desire to complete the job in hand in North London.

"It's very clear that it's nothing at all," Poyet told the club's official website, when quizzed on the speculation.

"I'm very happy here. I've had almost a year back at the club with Juande and Marcos. This is just speculation and it's all too easy because of my relationship with Dennis Wise.

"It's nothing to worry about and all I intend to do is relax and continue with my job."

Not Gus then...

He speaks Espancool :woosh:

cock. :lol:

What the fuck are you talking about?

Espan"cool"?

you're a cock. :lol:

and you're right Jimbo tis cock of the poppiest order