Players post match interviews

Chaser

Why is it that post match interviews always seem to be soundbite scripted pieces from the players? Everytime I watch a post match interview, they all reel out the same shite, same sentences which suggests to me that they get media coaching and none of them are prepared to have a crack with the pundit, or even say anything other than the usual dialogue.

Anyone else like to see some players having a laugh post match and just being themselves rather than clones of each other?

If you listen to most players they start replies with "yeah you know". Rooney has a problem with "erm"

Andy Cole used to start every sentence in any circumstance with "yeah you knowww de gaffur.."

It's not just Football players, Rugby League players over here have a horrible habit of saying you know before, during and after everything they say.

Interviewer: It was a good performance out there tonight from the team, particularly impressive was the defense. Was it something the coach has been working on during the week?

Player:You know.. the coach has you know always been talking to us about our defense, you know, so it's good to you know come out here tonight and have a good defensive game, you know

;)

Some of the best interviews come after grand final victories etc. Where they can't talk about taking it one game at a time, and not getting ahead of themselves. Plus they're so ecstatic about winning (or depressed about losing) that their true feelings come out.

Once players are given a professional contract they are issued with a book of cliche's.

Including such classics as...

"You Know...he's a top top player"

"Well, the fans, here are some of the most passionate in the country''

"Once you get out there it's up to me and only me to give it 100 % and thats what I try to do''

Etc Etc.

It's the abuse of tenses that gets me. "He's played the ball into me, the defender's missed it and I've buried it in the back of the net." ;)

Someone on the news used 'span' as the past tense of spin whilst talking about the Grand Prix on Sunday. It's 'spun' you thick twat, a span is measurement between two points.

It's the abuse of tenses that gets me. "He's played the ball into me, the defender's missed it and I've buried it in the back of the net." ;)

Someone on the news used 'span' as the past tense of spin whilst talking about the Grand Prix on Sunday. It's 'spun' you thick twat, a span is measurement between two points.

I think you can use "he span" or "he spun" (right?). It's definitely "he has spun" though.

English, man. I'm amazed the world bothers trying to speak it sometimes.

at the end of the day, y'know, we've come here for a result, y'know, and each and every one of them lads, y'know, have grafted hard for 90 minutes, y'know, given 100% for the fans, y'know, cos, they've backed us y'know?

"Once you get out there it's up to me and only me to give it 100 % and thats what I try to do''

Etc Etc.

Nah, 100% isn't enough any more. It's got to be at least 110% these days.

"No easy games at this level"

and

"Taking it one game at a time"

are two other classics.

It's the whomever is telling you about a conversation they've recently had that'll get my head spinning.

"so I turns to him and says XXXX" and he turns back and says, so I turns to him and says" repeat ad infinitum

I swear some people in this world have conversations on cake displays!

It's the whomever is telling you about a conversation they've recently had that'll get my head spinning.

"so I turns to him and says XXXX" and he turns back and says, so I turns to him and says" repeat ad infinitum

"So I says to her, I says..." is a total northern gran-ism. Don't knock it! ;)

"So I says to her, I says..." is a total northern gran-ism. Don't knock it! ;)

Knock, says I!

"So I says to her, I says..." is a total northern gran-ism. Don't knock it! :panic:

Knock, says I!

Ah well, my British gran's been dead for 15 years anyway, she probably won't mind. If you must, then... ;)

Haha thats so true...made me laugh ;)

It was a pleasure listening to KK and Robson interviewed. Joe Cole isn't a cliche merchant either.

Harry "he's a t'riffic player" Redknapp is a cunt. Wenger and Benitez completely ignore the question asked of them and just reply whatever they like.

I hate how when a team has just played like shit, they talk about taking positives and learning from the game.

FYI, in advance, I'd like to say don't let the other team score more goals than you.

That's it.

Kthxbai

There must be a load of characters in the game (they cant all be that boring) but none of them choose to show it. Ian Holloway or Strachan are usually good value for entertainment

Edited by robchester

There must be a load of characters in the game (they cant all be that boring) but none of them choose to show it. Ian Holloway or Strachan are usually good value for entertainment

Martin Allen is/was another one. Him and Holloway are probably both mental enough to consider the toon job.