Press Release & radio Newcastle interview 4.10 today

peasepud

It was ages ago on a different board. I know mancy remembers it tho. That was back in the days when baggio was in the top three thickest on the board. He's got a bit more competition on NO these days which is probably why HE prefers talking football on there.

I always imagined him as someone with a pony tail who flirted with Buddhism. :rolleyes:

Works (or wants to) in advertising and thinks Sting is really cool because he does jazz and tantric wanking. :nufc:

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was ages ago on a different board. I know mancy remembers it tho. That was back in the days when baggio was in the top three thickest on the board. He's got a bit more competition on NO these days which is probably why HE prefers talking football on there.

I always imagined him as someone with a pony tail who flirted with Buddhism. :rolleyes:

Works (or wants to) in advertising and thinks Sting is really cool because he does jazz and tantric wanking. :nufc:

I think that's Ashley's next phase just after he gets his £480m and is elected King of the World. :icon_lol:

One of his goals (Bellagio) is to go across America on a Greyhound bus singing hippy songs. :icon_lol:

More good PR for NUSC from today's Telegraph:

Terrified Newcastle fans united in their quest to lift fog on the Tyne

According to a report in Telegraph Sport, the Newcastle United owner Mike Ashley lost something approaching £300 million last week betting on the stock market.

At the same time as he was gambling away enough, even at today’s prices, to buy a decent team, fans of his club were forming themselves for the first time into an association. It is fair to say that the agenda at the Tyneside Irish Club, where several hundred supporters gathered last Tuesday, did not extend to organising a bucket collection to help make good Ashley’s losses.

“I’ve been following the club for 42 years and I’ve never known such anger,” says Michael Ord, a spokesman for the newly-formed Newcastle United Supporters Club. “People cannot believe how much damage has been done in so short a time. Right now, with this ownership, Newcastle are in real danger of relegation.”

It might be thought that, in the wake of Ashley’s lengthy response to the shouty demonstrations outside St James’ last week, fan power at Newcastle has had its way. Far from it. Despite the owner’s declared intention to go, the ordinary supporter has never felt less in control of the destiny of his club. Confusion and inertia are in the ascendant in the Geordie capital.

Ashley has said that he wants to sell, but until he finds a buyer prepared to meet his price, he will not invest any more money. Since his asset has already declined hugely since he bought it, he may be waiting some time to realise the profit he reckons is the proper reward for his stewardship. And that prospect terrifies the fans.

“We’ve one opportunity to turn the season round and that’s the January transfer window,” says Ord. “In other words within three months we need a new owner, a new manager and a future that can attract good players. If we sit quietly and don’t get that message across, then he will carry on.”

As yet, the supporters group does not have a fully developed plan beyond the need to articulate urgency. But it is gathering steam.

Via the website www.newcastle-united-supporters-club.co.uk , thousands have registered an interest, including fans in America, New Zealand, Japan, even Equatorial Guinea. And already the offers for help from accountants, lawyers, businessmen and media folk has demonstrated the breadth of talent available to the cause. It is a pool of expertise which makes those currently occupying the boardroom at St James’ look decidedly under-powered. “We want to make ourselves available to anyone who buys the club,” says Ord.

“We’d gladly help Mr Ashley in his attempts to find a buyer. We don’t just want to be here in the bad times. We want to be involved in the good too.”

A fan-run operation on the lines of Barcelona might be the ultimate dream, but before that, just a hint of movement would be enough to reduce the growing sense of panic among some of football’s most passionate followers.

“We’re realistic people,” says Ord.

“I guess what would be nice would be a couple of full-backs, a midfield player who can pass the ball and a forward who can hold it up for Michael Owen. Is that too much to ask?”

Michael Ord definitely makes a refreshing change from the usual lot.

you not prefer the

" aye he lost loadsa cash like, bigfatprick, WISEOOOOOTTTTTT KEEEEGGAA?ANNNN "

no, didn't think so ;)

The reason I tend to talk football here and just read over there is that there are too many spoilt brats and yes I'll say it foreigners. The way they dismiss people who actually go to the games because "well actually, you get a much better view on TV" really fucking sickens me.

I haven't spoken to one person who isn't at least disappointed with Keegan as has been said but I'd seriously consider giving the starter of that current thread a good kicking.

Well this board does come across as a bit exclusive for reasons that you mention above. I never ventured much into the General section of N-O while LeazesMag was posting there, it tended to resemble a Nueremberg rally. Strange how the old Toontastic when I joined and N-O seem to have crossed over to become mirror opposites of themselves since then.

The reason I tend to talk football here and just read over there is that there are too many spoilt brats and yes I'll say it foreigners. The way they dismiss people who actually go to the games because "well actually, you get a much better view on TV" really fucking sickens me.

I haven't spoken to one person who isn't at least disappointed with Keegan as has been said but I'd seriously consider giving the starter of that current thread a good kicking.

Well this board does come across as a bit exclusive for reasons that you mention above. I never ventured much into the General section of N-O while LeazesMag was posting there, it tended to resemble a Nueremberg rally. Strange how the old Toontastic when I joined and N-O seem to have crossed over to become mirror opposites of themselves since then.

A lot of people that seem to think Keegan is well rid of do seem to be one or both though, probably for understandable reasons. But they are still completely wrong. ;)