Press Release & radio Newcastle interview 4.10 today

peasepud

The reason I tend to talk football here and just read over there is that there are too many spoilt brats and yes I'll say it foreigners. The way they dismiss people who actually go to the games because "well actually, you get a much better view on TV" really fucking sickens me.

I haven't spoken to one person who isn't at least disappointed with Keegan as has been said but I'd seriously consider giving the starter of that current thread a good kicking.

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would agree disappointment in KK is building and I think I would agree however the backing of Ashley and the belief he has any kind of emotional tie with the club, its supporters or anyone else is weird!

How there can still be people who believe hes anything but a makem Satan is beyond me.

Fucking hell, I've just checked out the thread you're talking about, what a bunch of no-brained, cock-nosed wankers. If it's all on the level and like Pud says there is a building of sympathy towards Ashley as opposed to Keegan I can't quite see how it's come about but strangely knew it would... are those supporting Keegan really becoming more of a minority? Has the bite gone from the fans?... Find out next week in the next exciting installment of 'The Fall of the St James Empire'.

I'm starting to question whether there's more rent-a-mong fans than I had accounted for.

Edited by Armchair Pundit

Fucking hell, I've just checked out the thread you're talking about, what a bunch of no-brained, cock-nosed wankers. If it's all on the level and like Pud says there is a building of sympathy towards Ashley as opposed to Keegan I can't quite see how it's come about but strangely knew it would... are those supporting Keegan really becoming more of a minority? Has the bite gone from the fans?... Find out next week in the next exciting installment of 'The Fall of the St James Empire'.

I'm starting to question whether there's more rent-a-mong fans than I had accounted for.

I thought it was a wind-up at first as "He's gone down in my estimation" is a line from the 'Love it!' interview.

I was seething by the end of the first page, skim-read the second, and gave up in frustration and disbelief.

I thought it was a wind-up at first as "He's gone down in my estimation" is a line from the 'Love it!' interview.

I was seething by the end of the first page, skim-read the second, and gave up in frustration and disbelief.

I just don't understand them, have they missed everything that's gone on? It's like they've been in a cocoon, force-fed Pro-Ashley propaganda written by Llambias and his evil pixies... very fucking weird. :nufc:

The difference between support in both for this and Keegan between this site and N-O is staggering. I really thought everyone at least from the start would be backing this. Something I just find strange.

Just read the first page of the "He's gone down in my estimation" thread over there.

Fucking hell :rolleyes::icon_lol: :icon_lol: :icon_lol:

Fighting a lonely battle over there.

I was quite happy to leave that thread alone until you guilt-tripped me into wading into it :nufc:

The difference between support in both for this and Keegan between this site and N-O is staggering. I really thought everyone at least from the start would be backing this. Something I just find strange.

Just read the first page of the "He's gone down in my estimation" thread over there.

Fucking hell :rolleyes::icon_lol: :icon_lol: :icon_lol:

Fighting a lonely battle over there.

I was quite happy to leave that thread alone until you guilt-tripped me into wading into it :nufc:

Sorry.

Appreciated, though.

I could understand the "supporting Ashley" argument if Fat Ash had actually attempted to pad the side out with squad players so when we were in the throws of the inevitable injury crisis that follows this club around it wouldn't be so bad. If anything he's done the opposite and he's worked the squad down to a skeleton staff.

People seem to be blinded by the figures. Ashley may have 'saved' us from financial ruin but that should not give him dispensation to fuck up our club. Yes, he may have the nouse to put the club in a very good position financially but on the pitch? I honestly think if he doesn't sell up we're going down this season because no good manager will want to take a job he has no security in.

Cheers Mike, Dennis, Tony, Jeff and Derek. Wankers.

I could understand the "supporting Ashley" argument if Fat Ash had actually attempted to pad the side out with squad players so when we were in the throws of the inevitable injury crisis that follows this club around it wouldn't be so bad. If anything he's done the opposite and he's worked the squad down to a skeleton staff.

People seem to be blinded by the figures. Ashley may have 'saved' us from financial ruin but that should not give him dispensation to fuck up our club. Yes, he may have the nouse to put the club in a very good position financially but on the pitch? I honestly think if he doesn't sell up we're going down this season because no good manager will want to take a job he has no security in.

Cheers Mike, Dennis, Tony, Jeff and Derek. Wankers.

Thats why I feel little sympathy for Ashley, he didn't pay off the debt as a matter of kindness, he paid it off because he had little choice after buying the club without doing due diligence, had he seen the books there is every chance he wouldn't have bothered with us.

I've got to say I don't believe this bollocks about Ashley saving us from financial ruin anyway, we were running in the same manner as many football clubs and had a debt, also the same as many football clubs - we weren't going to go under and we weren't going to 'do a Leeds'. Yes Ashely paid off most of the debts and that's great but it wasn't imperative that it had to be done or that we'd have been guaranteed to have gone under. All Ashley's done since arriving is pay off some debts that wouldn't have made a difference, restructure the club (badly) and lied through his teeth about what was going on and how things were working. I don't know if these people who are backing Ashley over Keegan weren't around for Keegan's first spell and maybe don't know him very well or whether they're just dumb-fucks who listen to the ill-informed 'Southern' press too much. It amazes me tbh.

I've got to say I don't believe this bollocks about Ashley saving us from financial ruin anyway, we were running in the same manner as many football clubs and had a debt, also the same as many football clubs - we weren't going to go under and we weren't going to 'do a Leeds'. Yes Ashely paid off most of the debts and that's great but it wasn't imperative that it had to be done or that we'd have been guaranteed to have gone under. All Ashley's done since arriving is pay off some debts that wouldn't have made a difference, restructure the club (badly) and lied through his teeth about what was going on and how things were working. I don't know if these people who are backing Ashley over Keegan weren't around for Keegan's first spell and maybe don't know him very well or whether they're just dumb-fucks who listen to the ill-informed 'Southern' press too much. It amazes me tbh.

I do, simply because I saw the way Freddy & co. ran us into the ground, but do I feel I owe Ashley and his mates anything? Do I fuck. Even after Polygon and Belgravia had said "Fuck that!" he was willing to come along and pay for half the club without even looking at the books. That's his fault. The fans shouldn't need to lick his arse while he 'streamlines' the club.

he didn't pay off the debt as a matter of kindness, he paid it off because he had little choice after buying the club without doing due diligence, had he seen the books there is every chance he wouldn't have bothered with us.

The debt on the stadium was a compulsory condition of the sale of Hall shares so he had no choice in that matter though it obviously served him right for not knowing about it.

he didn't pay off the debt as a matter of kindness, he paid it off because he had little choice after buying the club without doing due diligence, had he seen the books there is every chance he wouldn't have bothered with us.

The debt on the stadium was a compulsory condition of the sale of Hall shares so he had no choice in that matter though it obviously served him right for not knowing about it.

The story I heard about this the other day was that Ashley was advised by his law firm to dig deeper into the finances and instead od taking their advice he simply asked Shepherd if there was anything else in the woodwork to which Fat Lad said "No" (obviously with his chubby little fingers crossed). The next day Ashley gets a call off the bank informing him of the £59million he now owed. His response? wasnt to work out how best to recoup it, no he asked the law firm to get on the blower and try and sell the club to the Chinese.

Since then I reckon hes been looking for ways to recoup that missing £59mill so he could get back to his original plan of streamline us then flog on for a profit.

I would agree disappointment in KK is building and I think I would agree however the backing of Ashley and the belief he has any kind of emotional tie with the club, its supporters or anyone else is weird!

How there can still be people who believe hes anything but a makem Satan is beyond me.

It seems to me people havent even read the thread properly.

Baggio, me, Optimistic Nut and others have all been wondering about this utter shitstorm and thinking that it isnt quite what it seems. We all post on here incidentally so you cant isolate it to one forum.

No-one has said Ashley hasnt been a twat and fucked up the situation. Some of us are however, thinking about the situation and how desperate it is and wondering how appropriate and proportionate the reaction has been. A reaction i hasten to add that was well under way outside St James Park by lunchtime on tuesday 2nd september. Guilt was already assumed and assigned before we even knew if Keegan had gone. Thats not rational.

Given the implications for the club, as witnessed again today, you'd have thought we would have the right to air that view without ridicule.

Baggio, me, Optimistic Nut and others have all been wondering about this utter shitstorm and thinking that it isnt quite what it seems. We all post on here incidentally so you cant isolate it to one forum.

No-one has said Ashley hasnt been a twat and fucked up the situation. Some of us are however, thinking about the situation and how desperate it is and wondering how appropriate and proportionate the reaction has been. A reaction i hasten to add that was well under way outside St James Park by lunchtime on tuesday 2nd september. Guilt was already assumed and assigned before we even knew if Keegan had gone. Thats not rational.

Given the implications for the club, as witnessed again today, you'd have thought we would have the right to air that view without ridicule.

Agreed, that however is why this group is being set up. To try and ensure that these things do not get out of hand again. One of the first things that will be done is to provide all the press with contact points, people they can call to get proper quotes, quotes that are thought out and reasoned and then spoken in actual proper English.

If you go back through the timeline you will see that the main supporters references (the internet forums, nufc.com, theMag, True-Faith and the Chronicle) did not urge people to go out and do these things. These started with the rent-a-mongs making their way from Arthurs Hill to try and get on the box. Once SSN had shown them in their moment of glory at 1pm then the bars of Elswick, Byker, Benwell and Scotswood emptied. I went down at 4pm to take a look and was shocked at just how bad it had got. By that time though places were reporting that the fans were gathering and you had actual proper real fans going down (some, as I did out of morbid curiosity + a chance to get some pics and some because they assumed thats what they should do).

The NUSC would try and take out some of that, if we all have an official place to look to for "guidance" at the start then we will know whats expected. Generally I would expect a statement from it to tell people not to go protest outside but to wait. At the same time they would provide the soundbites to SSN and co. hopefully meaning the TV companies wouldnt even bother to go down there for views.

As you and ON did with HTT you mean? You cant have it both ways, not expect ridicule when you post but give it when others do.

What else would it be?

Baggio probably thinks it's Keegan's master plan to ruin the club (he also thinks Keegan was wank and sacrifices children though).

Other than that it's that the club is being run by :nufc: that seem to have no clue as to what they are doing (and I include Ashley in that, he may have made a lot of money in retail, but he's proving to be at least as successful at destroying football clubs at the moment).

Agreed, that however is why this group is being set up. To try and ensure that these things do not get out of hand again. One of the first things that will be done is to provide all the press with contact points, people they can call to get proper quotes, quotes that are thought out and reasoned and then spoken in actual proper English.

If you go back through the timeline you will see that the main supporters references (the internet forums, nufc.com, theMag, True-Faith and the Chronicle) did not urge people to go out and do these things. These started with the rent-a-mongs making their way from Arthurs Hill to try and get on the box. Once SSN had shown them in their moment of glory at 1pm then the bars of Elswick, Byker, Benwell and Scotswood emptied. I went down at 4pm to take a look and was shocked at just how bad it had got. By that time though places were reporting that the fans were gathering and you had actual proper real fans going down (some, as I did out of morbid curiosity + a chance to get some pics and some because they assumed thats what they should do).

The NUSC would try and take out some of that, if we all have an official place to look to for "guidance" at the start then we will know whats expected. Generally I would expect a statement from it to tell people not to go protest outside but to wait. At the same time they would provide the soundbites to SSN and co. hopefully meaning the TV companies wouldnt even bother to go down there for views.

As you and ON did with HTT you mean? You cant have it both ways, not expect ridicule when you post but give it when others do.

Well i hope you're not the one verifying the facts for NUSC, as I always ridicule HTT, no matter what he says. However, i dont even know what that refers to.

Well i hope you're not the one verifying the facts for NUSC, as I always ridicule HTT, no matter what he says. However, i dont even know what that refers to.

Seriously? thats your argument as to why people shouldnt ridicule you when they disagree? :nufc:

Oldtype the starter of 'that thread' on N.O. is a 22yr old from South Korea. :rolleyes::nufc:

I will say though there must have been underlying resnetment and it probably needs letting out.

Edited by Park Life

Seriously? thats your argument as to why people shouldnt ridicule you when they disagree? :nufc:

The point being i've not ridiculed anyone's opinion on this at all and was defending the right to express an opinion. I've argued coherently about some points i believe to be true and thats it. You have lumped me in with something ON has apparently done without me being aware of what it is you're talking about. Its that attention to detail that worried me if you are going to be the one 'establishing the facts'.

I take the piss out of HTT all the time, i've not once ridiculed his opinion on this or many other issues relating to it.

You can talk anyway, what a fucking hypocrite!