NUSC

Jusoda Kid

ghost.gif

Fail.

Cheers for that, you've just stopped me wasting £10.

ghost.gif

Nice attempt at being witty.

He's sacrificing children in both your honour as we speak, your hatred only makes him stronger. wink.gif

• Replies 368
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

NUSC should threaten to send Fop round to Ashley to reel off some of his one-liners if he refuses to sell.

He's immune. He just squeaks a bit and then giggles like a small girl. <_<

NUSC should threaten to send Fop round to Ashley to reel off some of his one-liners if he refuses to sell.

He's immune. He just squeaks a bit and then giggles like a small girl. :razz:

That's exactly the sort of stuff I mean <_<

He's immune. He just squeaks a bit and then giggles like a small girl. :razz:

That's exactly the sort of stuff I mean <_<

Not everyone is as vulnerable to it as yourself. MkIV should have a wider coverage. :icon_lol:

Mal, I don't really understand how giving people a reason to join (ie justifying a tenner), a means to do so, and a way to vote is considered so difficult. I understand even less why it's considered secondary to releasing statements to the press. Surely you are getting this completely wrong, and in the process restricting the eventual membership of the association. The initial anti Ashley stance was the foundation of the association, but now the priority has to be to establish a membership. That's what your press releases should be about.

Ashley is selling up so let the sale process take place and use that time to establish the supporters club so that you can be in a position to build a relationship with the new owners with a meaningful number of members. If the club was sold tomorrow and you sent them a letter with a membership restricted to your committee then they'll just ignore you. If you have the backing of a decent number of fans, you have a chance of being listened to.

Todays press release has done more harm than good. I was well behind this idea as were many others on here and you are losing our support pretty quickly at the minute.

Oh dear.

I was hoping the NUSC would be a more moderate group with the best interests of the club at heart however that benefits any individual or not.

They show a willingness for discourse with any potential buyers (are they aware of the non-disclosure agreements - I don't see how that would work, are the commitee just trying to get the timewasters more coverage?) but not with Ashley. If the club is not sold, are we as fans going to punish the whole club for our personal grievances, or are we going to try and make the best of it and approach whoever is in power with constructive ideas for moving forward?

That's an interesting take, but as the NUSC seems primarily concerned with Ashley leaving at all costs I doubt they will be prepared to even contemplate entering a debate with Ashley's people. Parky's attutude of "fuck the club" in the short term is a good example of this thinking. It's a recipe for relegation if you ask me.

If the club isn't sold, in my view it would be constructive for the NUSC to open a sensible dialogue with the current owners. If only to air complaints.

It's not my attitude at all, it is the underlying concept in writing to the sponsors taken from the NUSC text. I was just highlighting what this kind of route entails, which might include some suffering on our/clubs part. Not my idea, just aware where peaspud etc are coming from.

Parky's attutude of "fuck the club" in the short term is a good example of this thinking. It's a recipe for relegation if you ask me.

To be unfair Parky's only interest in the club is as a tv soap opera.

<_<

Tbf to me I make phone calls nearly every day on behalf of NUSC, one of which resulted in the Telegraph article. This is off my own back and at my own expense. I think there are always going to be differences in the beginning but over time we will have a good organisation which we can all be proud of I have no doubts. :razz:

Edited by Park Life

Don't know whether this is any use to NUSC as an organisation but as you know Liverpool supporters formed a union 'Spirit of Shankly' earlier this year, and have had some success, although it will take a lot more to rid ourselves of our Yanks.

This is the part that might be useful to you.

When a rep of the SOS come on to a site in an official capacity it's always under the user name of SpiritofShankly no matter what board or which rep is posting it. That way we know it's the unions view and not the reps personal view. Many of the reps also go on sites with their own personal views but using their own user name like peasepud does. That way we can always seperate the union view from the personal.

On the whole most Red fans are behind the union totally but we still have the same questions, hesitancy and differences that have been voiced in this thread, the best way, imo, is to be patient and wait for your representitives to find their feet properly and lay down a charter for their aims and time frames, then make your judgement. If only a couple of their aims are what you want then it's worth a tenner to know that there is someone out there willing to represent your view officially, instead of you having to rant on an internet forum where the only answer you'll get is from like minded or unlike minded FANS.

Good Luck with NUSC, it's something all fans need in todays football money greedy climate.

If anyone is interested here's the Spirit of Shanklys aims, which I presume will be similar to your own final charter give or take a few differences. They still get chided for tardiness in letting members know what's going on and they even get called for not letting memebers know exactly what they're doing every minute even if it's at a moments notice. I.E..George Gillett asked for a meeting with them and some fans felt they should have been informed of this immediately no matter how short a notice the union had of the meeting.

Spirit of Shankly

Hopefully, as time goes on the union will become more organised and efficient and fans will be happy with their achievements.

Thanks for your comments. Very helpful. As I said earlier I'm waiting to see how things develop over 6 months or so before criticising anyone.

Parky's attutude of "fuck the club" in the short term is a good example of this thinking. It's a recipe for relegation if you ask me.

<_<

Tbf to me I make phone calls nearly every day on behalf of NUSC, one of which resulted in the Telegraph article. This is off my own back and at my own expense. I think there are always going to be differences in the beginning but over time we will have a good organisation which we can all be proud of I have no doubts. :razz:

Well if someone so integral didn't know the thing was open for membership what hope does it have?

<_<

Well if someone so integral didn't know the thing was open for membership what hope does it have?

I'm not integral to anything. I do stuff off my own back.

:icon_lol:

Tbf to me I make phone calls nearly every day on behalf of NUSC, one of which resulted in the Telegraph article. This is off my own back and at my own expense. I think there are always going to be differences in the beginning but over time we will have a good organisation which we can all be proud of I have no doubts. ;)

<_<

The commitee have clearly lost control already.

:razz:

:icon_lol:

Tbf to me I make phone calls nearly every day on behalf of NUSC, one of which resulted in the Telegraph article. This is off my own back and at my own expense. I think there are always going to be differences in the beginning but over time we will have a good organisation which we can all be proud of I have no doubts. ;)

<_<

The commitee have clearly lost control already.

:razz:

Tim: "Team Leader don't mean anything mate"

Gareth: "Excuse me, it means I'm leader of a team"

Tim: "No it doesn't. It's a title someone's given you to get you to do something they don't want to do for free - it's like making the div kid at school milk monitor. No one respects it"

Gareth: "Er I think they do"

Tim: "No they don't Gareth"

Gareth: "Er yes they do, cos if people were rude to me then I used to give them their milk last... so it was warm."

Must be absolutely horrible having owners who are only willing to give you £50-60m to spend on the likes of Torres, Keane, Babel, Mascherano, etc and overlooking you reaching a Champions League Final and Semi-Final.

The b*stards.

Telling a manager he has to sell to buy is hardly putting their own money in to the club, especially as that manager has brought nearly a 100 million in to the club through his Champions League exploits.

It's about much more than that anyway, they lied through their teeth and went back on all the things they said they'd do. The whole reason for the sale of the club was to build a new stadium without putting the club in to debt, they lied and failed, and haven't put one penny of their own money in to the club to either buy it, or players, and now want 750 million (down from a billion) for doing nothing. Carpet baggers, no more no less.

The issue of voting is a major one for me. Given the talk of having people from all over the world showing an interest I don't think a traditional AGM / EGM system is fair. An online voting system for members only wouldn't be too difficult to develop and would allow a truely democratic view of fans' opinions on major issues, something Stevie doesn't appear to value too much.

The initial anti Ashley stance was the foundation of the association, but now the priority has to be to establish a membership.

Presactly.

They're being a little premature coming out with the statements on our behalf. They haven't asked what our opinion is yet.

thats the point i made earlier when i seemed to be the only dissenting voice <_<

Edited by Lazarus

I havent posted in here yet because I need to fully think out my replies. What I will say is that I understand where you are all coming from. Once I have a few other bits of info then I will put something a bit more substantial in here.

Must be absolutely horrible having owners who are only willing to give you £50-60m to spend on the likes of Torres, Keane, Babel, Mascherano, etc and overlooking you reaching a Champions League Final and Semi-Final.

The b*stards.

Telling a manager he has to sell to buy is hardly putting their own money in to the club, especially as that manager has brought nearly a 100 million in to the club through his Champions League exploits.

It's about much more than that anyway, they lied through their teeth and went back on all the things they said they'd do. The whole reason for the sale of the club was to build a new stadium without putting the club in to debt, they lied and failed, and haven't put one penny of their own money in to the club to either buy it, or players, and now want 750 million (down from a billion) for doing nothing. Carpet baggers, no more no less.

Giro? <_<

Whilst I hope this is simply a case of getting off to a bad start and that things will calm down and the individuals take a more measured approach, I'm worried that last press release has already done damage... The idea of boycotting adidas has made its way onto what is perhaps the most popular football kit website:

http://www.footballshirtculture.com/200810...ott-adidas.html

Other people are pissing themselves laughing and I can't really blame them!

Whilst I hope this is simply a case of getting off to a bad start and that things will calm down and the individuals take a more measured approach, I'm worried that last press release has already done damage... The idea of boycotting adidas has made its way onto what is perhaps the most popular football kit website:

http://www.footballshirtculture.com/200810...ott-adidas.html

Other people are pissing themselves laughing and I can't really blame them!

Yeah, I saw that before. Doesn't make us look good at all does it?