NUSC

Jusoda Kid

• Replies 368
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

oh and a quick scan of the email distribution list shows no Chris or even a c.whatever that I cant put a name and face to. There are only two email addies that arent peoples names and they are both women.

hmmmm maybe then :lol:

oh and a quick scan of the email distribution list shows no Chris or even a c.whatever that I cant put a name and face to. There are only two email addies that arent peoples names and they are both women.

You what?

I registered donkeys ago as christopher

No wonder I've been unimpressed by the lack of communication.

:razz:

You what?

Not sure if you're just taking the piss there or not, I meant the committee members......spanner :D

You what?

Not sure if you're just taking the piss there or not, I meant the committee members......spanner :D

What a fucking numb nuts I am.

"Newcastle United Supporters Club today welcomes the departure of Vice President (Player Recruitment) Tony Jimenez from NUFC with an air of cautious optimism.

As one of the key antagonists behind the recent traumatic events at NUFC that have led directly to the club’s current instability, we believe that Mr. Jimenez’ continued employment at the club had long since become untenable.

With the club currently up for sale it seemed increasingly obvious that Mr. Jimenez’ role at NUFC was effectively redundant and we are pleased, therefore, that he is no longer on the club’s payroll.

The committee of NUSC would like to express our cautious optimism at today’s announcement and our hope that it can act as a precursor to the departures of other undesirable elements of the board followed by a quick sale of the club to a party who has the club’s best interests at heart.

The departure of Mr. Jimenez must not, however, be used as a smokescreen, nor must his departure be a sacrifice that allows the current regime to maintain their hold on Newcastle United Football Club."

Jesus wept.

What was wrong with something like:

"The Newcastle United Supporters Club today notes the departure of Vice President (Player Recruitment) Tony Jimenez from NUFC and has no further comment to make".

I like the vision of them "expressing cautious optimism". :lol: Look out for future statements expressing "mild ambivalence" and "an overwhelming feeling of indifference" to events at NUFC.

Keep your fucking mouths shut, you thick bastards. Who do you think is waiting to hear from you ffs?

Tbh, every comment thats made is making me think more and more about this set up. I agree that we need a supporters club, but at the moment their soul aim seems to be being anti-anything associated with the NUFC regime. What I dont get is "As one of the key antagonists behind the recent traumatic events", is that actually factual? Is he a key antagonist or has he been carrying out instruction based on someone elses wishes? Me, I dont know. What exactly has he done for or against nufc? I dont know. Ok, so he's gone, I really dont give a fuck as I knew fuck all about him. But, these statements are getting embarrassing man.

I'm pretty pissed off because one good thing that could have come out of the shambles of the last month or so is a united supporters club with a bit of clout because it's something the club (and us as fans) have been lacking. With every statement though I just think "who are these idiots?" Shut the fuck up until you've something to say.

It's always like this in the beginning it will settle down over time and as the organisation finds its feet. I guess there was a need to release a statement regarding Jiminez (was he really on 750,000 a year ffs!), but now the main aim should be to set up the infastructure and develop things quietly and succinctly.

Christ, I shouldnt be saying this.....

The NUSC was set up for all the right reasons, with good intentions and at the same time it was on the back of a protest so the two lines have crossed. Unfortunately some people I think are losing track of the main aim which is a "voice of the fans" and too many statements are going out under the NUSC name, the statements although well meaning and not mailicious are not representing the fans views and therefore should not be made.

I cant really put more to it than that at the moment other than to say I share your concerns, hopefully more on the board will otherwise I think this is going to be a very shortlived association. I dont want that, I joined up in this to start a supporters club, not a protest club. I agree we need to keep up the protests but not in the way we are going at the moment.

If that doesnt change shortly then I dont think I will be involved, either because I jack it in on Monday or Im booted out for not toeing the party line. Either way I will still be looking to get this thing up and running for what it was meant to be. I do however think I will be there Tuesday, these people are not daft, theyre not revolutionaries they are a little over zealous and losing the way.

Lets see what Monday brings.

The NUSC was set up for all the right reasons, with good intentions and at the same time it was on the back of a protest so the two lines have crossed. Unfortunately some people I think are losing track of the main aim which is a "voice of the fans" and too many statements are going out under the NUSC name, the statements although well meaning and not mailicious are not representing the fans views and therefore should not be made.

I cant really put more to it than that at the moment other than to say I share your concerns, hopefully more on the board will otherwise I think this is going to be a very shortlived association. I dont want that, I joined up in this to start a supporters club, not a protest club. I agree we need to keep up the protests but not in the way we are going at the moment.

If that doesnt change shortly then I dont think I will be involved, either because I jack it in on Monday or Im booted out for not toeing the party line. Either way I will still be looking to get this thing up and running for what it was meant to be. I do however think I will be there Tuesday, these people are not daft, theyre not revolutionaries they are a little over zealous and losing the way.

You're forgetting the catalyst to start the supporters club was to have a protest against Ashley. Over time the supporters club will find a happy medium, don't get disheartened by a little criticism, it's normal.

It now appears, from that last paragraph to me anyway, that they're trying to get us all to think the same.

I think you're over doing it a bit there.

"The departure of Mr. Jimenez must not, however, be used as a smokescreen, nor must his departure be a sacrifice that allows the current regime to maintain their hold on Newcastle United Football Club."

Are we not allowed to form our own opinions on what this means? Most of us don't even know what he's done, that's right or wrong, so for them to try and push us into thinking their way is a bit odd.

It now appears, from that last paragraph to me anyway, that they're trying to get us all to think the same.

I think you're over doing it a bit there.

"The departure of Mr. Jimenez must not, however, be used as a smokescreen, nor must his departure be a sacrifice that allows the current regime to maintain their hold on Newcastle United Football Club."

Are we not allowed to form our own opinions on what this means? Most of us don't even know what he's done, that's right or wrong, so for them to try and push us into thinking their way is a bit odd.

Press releases can't stop you having an opinion. IMO they are just being cynical about Jiminez going, as am I. He's just moved on to his next gravy train (Charlton??).

There is always a lot of opinions about the direction of such a group at the outset, but it needs time. People need to give it time and imo are being very critical (understandably in some cases) too early on. NUSC will grow regardless, because there is a real need for something like this.

Glad to see you share our concerns, most would welcome a supporters group that gave a measured and dignified voice to the fans rather than the somewhat manic militant ramblings we are seeing so far.

Glad to see you share our concerns, most would welcome a supporters group that gave a measured and dignified voice to the fans rather than the somewhat manic militant ramblings we are seeing so far.

What if Ashley is still here next summer?

If Ashley is still here next summer, then what is protesting going to do? The protests have lead him to put the club up for sale, if no-one buys there's not much we can do about it.

And in that event, (which I can't see happening by the way, I think he'll be gone by then) the NUSC should be looking at ways at working with the club, and that means Ashley, etc. Alienating themselves by means of constant protests are going to do more damage than good.

Edited by Optimistic Nut

What if Ashley is still here next summer?

You think a Supporters group will have any effect on speeding up his departure ?

The people who are running NUSC obviously feel (quite rightly imo) that a statement from them should have been issued in respect of Jimenez's departure. After all, not to issue a statement for every major happening at NUFC would be daft, as the main point of the NUSC was to act as an intelligent means of communicating fans' thoughts surrounding events at NUFC. However, after hearing that accountants and lawyers etc are involved at the top of the NUSC I can't for the life of me understand such wording as used in the released statement. A simple communication along the lines of eg 'NUSC note the departure of mr x.' would have sufficed on this occasion imo. NUSC should not feel the need for any great missive for press releases unless the situation clearly demands it. imo.

You think a Supporters group will have any effect on speeding up his departure ?

I do, not in the fact it will bring a buyer in any faster but in that more pressure will mean he wants out quicker which in turn will lead to a reduction in price and more chance of a sale.

The SC though will only effect that if it does what it should do, acts on behalf of its members, something I dont feel we have done upto now (based on feedback Im seeing here and elsewhere).

Regroup, admit our failings and move forwards is the way as far as Im concerned.

I do, not in the fact it will bring a buyer in any faster but in that more pressure will mean he wants out quicker which in turn will lead to a reduction in price and more chance of a sale.

The SC though will only effect that if it does what it should do, acts on behalf of its members, something I dont feel we have done upto now (based on feedback Im seeing here and elsewhere).

Regroup, admit our failings and move forwards is the way as far as Im concerned.

That I will agree with, we need a voice of the true feelings of the fans rather than a ring-leader for protest.